Page 81 of 130 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ombus View Post
    anybody knows what the "minor talent" on the mage section means ? ( a new system like glyphs ? )
    It's probably something like your elemental does x-(0.25% fire/arcane's version of talent) more damage, and gains spell that does (0.25% fire/arcane's version of talent).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    It's probably something like your elemental does x-(0.25% fire/arcane's version of talent) more damage, and gains spell that does (0.25% fire/arcane's version of talent).
    I think it was just a lapsus and he wanted to say minor glyph
    My magic will tear you apart.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, Lhiv says it's one of the 91-100 leveling perks, they're apparently called minor talents. Cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh that's cool. I hope more of them are designed like that instead of just numerical bonuses.

15+ Year Old Account
    Celestalon confirms name. And yeah, I really hope more are some cool small things like that. That's infinitely more amusing than +base nuke damage.

Oh, Lhiv says it's one of the 91-100 leveling perks, they're apparently called minor talents. Cool.
    Celestalon confirms name. And yeah, I really hope more are some cool small things like that. That's infinitely more amusing than +base nuke damage.
    Are we referring to those incredibly bland passives like "Rogue gets passive S&D"? I don't quite see how calling them "Minor Talents" is any different from "Level 91-100 Passives", but that's just me.

Also Kuni, one of the "mini talents" shown (at Blizzcon) was +Dmg for Fireball...
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyromelter View Post

In-combat racial bonuses simply need to not exist. The only reason they do is for blizzard to give their players another reason to fork over tons more money to the company. There is nothing interesting or unique about 1% bonus to critical strike, except that if you are a fire mage, you are going to be technically sub-optimal playing horde as anything other than blood elf in WoD. Just like playing anything other than Troll has been sub-optimal for the past 3 expansions or so.

This makes me so incredibly sad. I really like trolls and the fact that I will probably have to go blood elf is just stupid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Are we referring to those incredibly bland passives like "Rogue gets passive S&D"? I don't quite see how calling them "Minor Talents" is any different from "Level 91-100 Passives", but that's just me.

Also Kuni, one of the "mini talents" shown (at Blizzcon) was +Dmg for Fireball...
    Yes, those are now called minor talents. Just for brevity, I guess. I'm aware the ones they showed off are meh, but apparently the water elemental's new spell is gained as one of those. They do have the potential to be interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    To any properly geared raid, average 575 raid ilvl, 1 % missing a dps check is a personel or strat issue ,not a racial bonus issue. When method first killed paragons they were like 565 ilvl. They needed that 1% bonus. Any one else does not NEED to be any certain race to kill any certain boss.
    I disagree with how you put it.

For guilds like Method they spend massive ammounts of time to perfect the strategy and overcome their gear handicap, they might hit a wall where skill can't break that handicap by 1% and this is where it matters. But it's also that 1% can mean the diffrence of several ours less practice on the boss.

For other guilds they are handicapped by skill and time, you can't just say get better and they have limited time each weak to practice on the encounter. So it might very well be that a few of those attempts are where that extra damage would have mattered.

Both problems are resolved by doing the boss again next week with better gear, the thing for Method-like guilds is that they are in a race and you don't have that time, that 1% damage could also mean the diffrence between several ours less practice on the boss.

For me personally I find changing the raise for that extra performance too much. Although I did consider changing worgen because i'm a crit whore. But in the end I didn't find it worth the money.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much all was said about the new information, although we can be fairly sure that PoM gets removed. Either that or it does not work on polymoprh, Ring of Frost, Frostjaw anymore.

Not changing Combustion just makes me skeptical that they'll gloss over it with the OMG SHINY NEW TALENTS NO MORE L90 TALENTS FUNTIMES YAAAAAAAY and hope that carries the absolutely broken mess of Fire, and a slightly shattered Arcane through yet another expansion, while Fire is so outdated that it's needed a revamp since fucking Lich King.
    Slightly concerned about the bandwagon being created around Fire.
    Their is something broken about Fire, but MoP only showed that broken element per raid tier what previously went over an entire expansion timeframe (critical mass). Dispite it being broken their is a huge fun element in it aswell.
    I loved Fire but sometimes annoyed as well (had a pay out in previous expansions). I am open to big changes for any spec. But just because i'm open doesn't mean those who are just singling out one spec get their choice. Fire has broken elements but I can point out ones in Arcane and Frost as well.

Arcane is designed around an old pay-out system that doesn't work in MoP anymore (niche low mobility so strong on tank/spank fights). Arcane lacks in number of niches it has in dps compared to other specs. But this can be fixed by alteration instead of revamp. Than their is the mana management system that isn't really working as players want.

Frost is not that flawed in pve but is in pvp. Mages had this awesome design of being a control class in pvp and winning that way. But overtime, especially when Cataclysm was launched this niche was broken down. Melee had huge uptime on mages, other classes were just as good with CC. The thing was the mage still had to win through CC but it strugling more with it now. Sure frostmage was still viable in pvp by just giving them tweaks but thats what's being done to Fire for PVE as well. In the end Frost lost it's niche and was just tweaked to somehow work in arena. Also the new mastery sucks it's too much like ignite but I can't say the mastery is broken........unfortunatly :P

If I had to choose though i'd want a full overhaul of one spec even if it's the spec I played the most. It's also because the pay-out fire mages had can't give a satisfying reward with MoP phylosphy to dps balance. Purely based on the new balance phylosphy Fire would need an overhaul.
    Last edited by mmoc0e23e5b73e; 2014-03-01 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by taelon View Post
    <Snip>
    Fire was broken long before MoP (see end of Lich King), it was just MoP's broken system that broke it even further and really showed it the light of day that required a nerf every single tier.

Anyways, really hoping our "Minor Talents" don't end up being the garbage that is "More damage on X" because that's by no means a fucking talent, that's just an absolutely boring "bonus". If Rogues are no longer needing to keep up their (already pathetically easy to keep up) maintenance buff, then we should be getting cool things, like Improved Blink (+% Movement Speed after blinking) or shorter cooldowns on things, not bloody Fireball damage bonus...

Also, it's now confirmed that Water Elements are getting a new ability. Greeeeeeeaaaat... More interaction with the squishy bastard.

Finally, updated OP with 3 new sections, all for spec-specific information, even though there's almost none.

- - - Updated - - -

Omg can someone tell me wtf is up with the text formatting/paragraph settings of the OP? When I try to edit it, all the lines are perfect (no empty lines after the section titles), but when I post it, some of them have an empty line after. How does one fix here on MMO? OCD is going nuts and it's frustrating me to no end!!! >_>
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2014-03-01 at 12:58 PM.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

15+ Year Old Account
    Greeeeeeeaaaat... More interaction with the squishy bastard.
    Yeah, that was the discussion about minor talents above, which they gave +fireball damage as an initial example at Blizzcon. It's gained through that system, which means it has the potential to be much more interesting. Shares a CD with freeze.

Amp and cleave are dead, should remove them from front page.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2014-03-01 at 01:38 PM.

Amp and cleave are dead, should remove them from front page.
    Source? Also, that's very disappointing to hear about Amp. Had some real potential. Now it's just Multistrike (which IMO would be best to get 1 point in so there's a CHANCE it can happen, then calculate how good it actually is later), and Readiness, which may not even do anything for us offensively? Sounds meh.

15+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...30067424522241

Amp was broken as hell, we all saw what happened with 84%, and they then added multistrike damage to it.

Oh. It says "At least for now"; you made me think they were just gone permanently Regardless, I'll still add it.

PS: Again, does anyone know how to fix the empty-line issue on the OP? There's no paragraph settings in the advanced editor :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Empty line say waat? No idea what you're talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Empty line say waat? No idea what you're talking about
    Look under some of the sections and you'll see an empty line under the title headers, but only some of them. If I click Edit, they're not there for me to delete. Like under Mage (non-specific) Information, Fire, Frost, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    There, I fixed it. The blank lines were there for me normally in the editor 0.o

Edit: for two of the lines, you didn't notice that the html code was entered in the next line. HTML interpreted the code normally and that line as blank. That was for the L75 and L90 talents. The first two cases was a normal full blank line.
    Last edited by Shangalar; 2014-03-01 at 05:06 PM.

There, I fixed it. The blank lines were there for me normally in the editor 0.o

Edit: for two of the lines, you didn't notice that the html code was entered in the next line. HTML interpreted the code normally and that line as blank. That was for the L75 and L90 talents. The first two cases was a normal full blank line.
    Well I'm using Chrome and for some reason it really loves to consolidate things in a text box -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    So am I it's quite possible that it depends on how zoomed the page is along with the screen resolution and monitor size.

Either that, or a space-time anomaly. I'll summon the Enterprise. Or Ner'zhul.

So am I it's quite possible that it depends on how zoomed the page is along with the screen resolution and monitor size.

Either that, or a space-time anomaly. I'll summon the Enterprise. Or Ner'zhul.
    Fuck time. That slut adultery-committing mistress never did anything for us

(Fix't. Sorry :3)
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2014-03-01 at 06:35 PM.