Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    1. Same level gear as now but with blue text.
    2. Tune it like a 25-man scenario.
    3. Remove tier bonuses.

Re-purpose it as something other than raiding so that people's overly-sensitive feelings don't get hurt. Otherwise, content and rewards should be about the same.

And do something about the AFKers.

Running it should feel like a giant Wrath heroic.

None of this is my personal preference but what they're doing now is problematical. Most of the virulent anti-LFR crowd wouldn't be caught dead in blue items after a certain point. So that would be a win to get them out.

Cynicism wins.
    If raiders are upset that casuals get to raid then the issue isn't with LFR, it's with raiders, and the people who run LFR shouldn't be punished because raiders are insecure about their e-peen. That said some sort of "auto kick on AFK" like in Battlegrounds would be good to have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nerf boss health by an additional 30% and I might do it. People pulling 30k dps in SoO LFR drive me nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

It's fine the way it is.

Butthurts should just not do lfr and do flex, problem solved....

I think all dungeons should reward blue gear, and raids should not drop gear at all, just Transmog. Then when you complete a raid you get into Heroic Raid like now. And that flags your character for a 5% buff to regular raids. This would absolutely measure the extreme skills of the player base and force absolutely everyone worthy enough and with the time to be awarded what is right. Then and only then after completion of the entire heroic raid you get another 5% buff to heroic mode raids and you get a dye pack that you can now color your transmog set gear to have purple names and a different color with visual procs like the current legendary cloak.

Gear holds people back it's too random, it should not be in raids. If you want to see player skill then everyone should be equal and only gain the 5% buff after they have earned it rigorously through a complete start to finish of an entire raid.

I think it's funny that half the people that complain about LFR are completely fine with 'their' friends getting welfare epics in their guild raids. A new guy comes in with crappy gear... joins your Heroic Raid at say 13/14 and reaps a ton of loot because you're guild has already farmed it. Then that guy up and leaves for another guild and also looooves to complain about 'casuals' and 'baddies' and how LFR gives welfare loot. THAT guy imo is the welfare system rider, taking handouts for what others have worked for :P
    Last edited by TCceen; 2013-11-08 at 08:19 AM.

I think LFR should reward heroic gear and heroic raids should reward transmog gear. After all, that's what you guys want isn't it? To stand out in the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    Scrap it in place of Flex Raiding. There's no reason for LFR anymore. Flex accomplishes everything LFR was supposed to without actually gutting the "raid" experience.
    Or setup normal to work like flex and keep heroic the way it is. Four modes of difficulty is just bloated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

Scrap it in place of Flex Raiding. There's no reason for LFR anymore. Flex accomplishes everything LFR was supposed to without actually gutting the "raid" experience.
    And what part of Flex removes the need for an organised start time ?
    Oh wait, it does not.
    Flex is being held up by some as a superior format which again demonstrates the problem, narrow-minded views which intentionally deny or exclude the real causes of the problems.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And what part of Flex removes the need for an organised start time ?
    Oh wait, it does not.
    Flex is being held up by some as a superior format which again demonstrates the problem, narrow-minded views which intentionally deny or exclude the real causes of the problems.
    Yeah it's 2:30 AM and this is my regular time on my offdays. I had to just call in for work right now cuz i locked myself out of my house and the hour drive and i'm already late. Might as well just take off so yeah... kinda hard to find a guild that raids at this time. LFR is great for me, on my offdays i completely change around my schedule and stay awake 24 hours so I can join the main groups 'Flex' Night... and I top their DPS! even with no sleep.

LFR was made just for me

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    If someone cannot commit during the "social" or convenient hours, or if their playtime is fragmented that they cannot commit to a sufficient length of play, then the LFR format is aimed at them.
    Yeah I'm one of those guys and I quit instead of farming LFD/LFR constantly. These are THAT bad and unfun. I feel sorry for people who have to resort to these and only these, while pretending to see content and have fun.
    LFR is basically an attempt to keep the people who are unfit for raiding subscribed. It's successful as a business model, but it's a very unenjoyable game feature.

Deleted
    Imo it shoud work like the following.

Start itemlevel is as an example 100. If you get proving ground bronze medal 85, silber medal 70, and gold medal 50. Itemlvl from craftables, heros and so should be 50. So if u are able to gain the gold medal u can move into lfr if not, get better gear or die tryin

10+ Year Old Account
    1. LFR: Guaranteed spot in a group if you meet requirements. Go when you want. Access to queues are simple.
    2. Flex: Spot in a group depends on the leader. Requirements are totally arbitrary. Rely on chat to form groups or outside addon/web sites.

Flex does not accomplish the very simple thing described in #1, nor should it.

So, no. Whether or not the 'raid experience' is gutted is subjective and people may have different opinions about it. People who don't enjoy playing with random players should not play with random players. People who don't mind it should have the option.

One thing I can say with some surety: The experience described on forums does not match up with the experience in game. This is true now for LFR and was pretty much always true for LFG which until lately was the worst playing experience ever unleashed on innocent and unsuspecting players. Those were the days, right? People would describe the horrors while my LFG dungeon groups mostly went off without a problem. Head-scratching moment.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-11-08 at 08:42 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I'd like to see removed is Tier items. I've run LFR for a long time before getting back to raiding when my schedule was too erratic and I enjoyed it, I also like it for alts, but it feels mandatory as long as Tier token drop there. I know noone's forced to do anything, but believe me, any decent raider will take a shot at the tier bonuses any way he can. That's what causes the feeling. Take the Tier tokens away and it's fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bluetabasco77 View Post
    So what is everyone hoping for LFR in the next expansion?
    The LFR is fine the way it currently is.

Deleted
    Remove tiers, dumb it down to the point where a group can't really fail.

Make it unattractive to raiders. As it is right now, raiders will do lfr for tiers and possibly trinkets the first few weeks of progress, even if flex exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arel00 View Post
    The only thing I'd like to see removed is Tier items. I've run LFR for a long time before getting back to raiding when my schedule was too erratic and I enjoyed it, I also like it for alts, but it feels mandatory as long as Tier token drop there. I know noone's forced to do anything, but believe me, any decent raider will take a shot at the tier bonuses any way he can. That's what causes the feeling. Take the Tier tokens away and it's fine.
    If raiders will do anything they can to get an advantage that's all well and fine. Turning around and complaining about is not well and fine. That said, I agree with you about tier items.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Keep it as it is. If they want to add a new Timeless Isle, perhaps add it a bit later in the cycle, so the final LFR tier doesn't get swamped by Timeless heroes (although I'll readily admit it was a great help in catching up when I rerolled server, but I got extremely lucky and replaced half of it in the ToT LFR I ran for the final ilvl boost).

It is fine the way it is

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Running it should feel like a giant Wrath heroic.
    You mean like Halls of reflection with an undergeared tank?

works well now with flexi

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NarnBloodyknuckles View Post
    The butthurt should be removed from it, on both sides, and forum posting about it should be blocked. Then LFR will be just fine.

Thank you a million times.
    You cared enough to post.