Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    LFR is basically an attempt to keep the people who are unfit for raiding subscribed. It's successful as a business model, but it's a very unenjoyable game feature.
    I am more than fit for raiding, I have the title 'Death's Demise' from when it was current content and I killed Mu'ru before he was nerfed. I have a lot of fun in LFR with my boyfriend and casual friends, and my lame alts which are not really fun otherwise. Having fun in an MMO is just like having fun IRL. You have to make an effort, and it's always better with your friends. If you want someone to hold your hand and guide you through the fun step by step go play an action game on the console, you barely have to make decisions there!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's fine how it is. The game needs LFR. We'll see how things shape up with the server merging. As it stood a few months ago, the game had enough servers for 12 million people while having a population of nearly half that. My server in particular went from having several guilds each side raiding content at all levels with a fairly even population in Wrath to being nearly dead Alliance side with Horde having a two or three raiding guilds. My guild alone was able to organize two 40 man raid groups in Vanilla on a low pop server. In any case, if you didn't pay to transfer to the handful of servers with a full or high population, you probably weren't going to raid. With LFR, it at least lets me and the few friends I have playing, some of whom moved servers to all get into some raid content. It's not as fun as the old server first race, but it suffices.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Thank you a million times.
    You, sir, are welcome.
    "I should think that someday soon, there will be many more pandaren adventurers to speak of, making a difference all over the world. Don't you think?" - Lorewalker Cho

Remove it and make >>hard<< 5 mans in its place based around the current raid (ie: use same zone, same bosses, etc).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TCceen View Post
    I am more than fit for raiding, I have the title 'Death's Demise' from when it was current content and I killed Mu'ru before he was nerfed. I have a lot of fun in LFR with my boyfriend and casual friends, and my lame alts which are not really fun otherwise. Having fun in an MMO is just like having fun IRL. You have to make an effort, and it's always better with your friends. If you want someone to hold your hand and guide you through the fun step by step go play an action game on the console, you barely have to make decisions there!
    Thank you. Honestly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Of-the-horde View Post
    You mean like Halls of reflection with an undergeared tank?
    The only issue with halls of reflection was the type of tank. That dungeon was terribly designed, but the Lich King encounter made it worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hell, sure. Remove LFRaid, then allow World of Warcraft to lose another 200,000 subscribers or so, then maybe we can have other MMORPGs rising to its level and being able to succeed. Screw those other guys that play the game differently than I do, right?

Deleted
    Not as a raid, but as 5 man dungeons that only drops blues

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is fine the way it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    Scrap it in place of Flex Raiding. There's no reason for LFR anymore. Flex accomplishes everything LFR was supposed to without actually gutting the "raid" experience.
    Not at all. LFR was designed as a raid format for everyone and anyone. The result is a raid format that is far from ideal for most, but still, better than nothing. Flex is a raid format with a more specific target audience, and even though it is far more accessible than normal mode, it is still not viable for everyone. Flex simply gives a more ideal option for some people who have been relying on LFR.

LFR is fine the way it is. I don't use it much on any of my "serious" chars, in fact the only thing I've used ToT and SoO LFR for is to farm secrets and runestones on my priest that I haven't geared up for raiding at all.

But LFR does what it is supposed to, and judging by how much it is used, it's a massive success.

The people who keep insisting on "I don't like LFR, so Blizzard should remove it!" are a bunch of fucking assholes who should be punched in the cunt.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Remove it and make >>hard<< 5 mans in its place based around the current raid (ie: use same zone, same bosses, etc).

They already listened to your suggestion... 3 years ago. Cataclysm 5 man heroics were a disaster for the game because they destroyed the majority of people trying them - in spite of the fact that people like me really enjoyed them.

Challenge mode 5 mans are a million times better idea. They offer the challenging content for those who enjoy it, without forcing a bunch of people who can't cope with them to do them.

Its fine the way it is, except make Determination stack up faster. (Perhaps 7.5% per wipe?)
    Reasons:
    1) Most groups that wipe on a boss will wipe to due lack of knowledge of mechanics, LFR groups won't learn mechanics in a few tries, so it then becomes a race of: Kill him before he kills us.
    2) Groups that wipe will start to get frustrated, and the only motivation people have for staying is hoping that determination will increase the chance of a kill, higher determination multiplier = higher chance of a kill = more people will stay.

Cons:
    1) Makes content easier for those who wipe, perhaps encourages wiping?
    2) Lowers the average expectancy of LFR raider's requirements.

Up to you, what you guys think. Pro > Con or Con > Pro.
    Feel free to add anything to either list.

Deleted
    Make full gems/enchants a requirement before queueing. Gold is easy to make and gemming/enchanting your gear doesn't cost much and doesn't take much effort.
    Even if they're completely wrong, at least the person is putting some effort in.

Deleted and forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    1. Same level gear as now but with blue text.
    2. Tune it like a 25-man scenario.
    3. Remove tier bonuses.

Re-purpose it as something other than raiding so that people's overly-sensitive feelings don't get hurt. Otherwise, content and rewards should be about the same.

And do something about the AFKers.

Running it should feel like a giant Wrath heroic.

None of this is my personal preference but what they're doing now is problematical. Most of the virulent anti-LFR crowd wouldn't be caught dead in blue items after a certain point. So that would be a win to get them out.

Cynicism wins.
    Pretty much my sentiments.

Except the rewards part. There should be no way to advance a legendary questline through LFR in my opinion. I am all for a questline similar to the Mists' cloak one to exist, but remove the orange quality. It's nice to have an overarching storyline throughout the raiding tiers. It's awful to take something as exciting and wild as legendaries and streamline the $@#& out of them. It's the opposite of what they are supposed to be.

So make some proper legendaries and have them be extremely challenging to acquire and make the item from the overarching questline of a different quality. Like the rings from each raiding tiers main faction that we used to get, with the special properties, or create a new quality of gear for them.

Perhaps nerf trinkets from LFR as well; since they bring lots of actual raiders... that are sadly quite often the most toxic of LFR participants. In general make LFR attractive to people that actually enjoy it, or it's the only way of gear progression for them raiding-wise. So people that join LFR are most likely to be there to actually play, not bicker about what they are forced to do because they are unlucky with drops in their usual raid nights.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    1. Same level gear as now but with blue text.
    2. Tune it like a 25-man scenario.
    3. Remove tier bonuses.

Re-purpose it as something other than raiding so that people's overly-sensitive feelings don't get hurt. Otherwise, content and rewards should be about the same.

And do something about the AFKers.

Running it should feel like a giant Wrath heroic.

None of this is my personal preference but what they're doing now is problematical. Most of the virulent anti-LFR crowd wouldn't be caught dead in blue items after a certain point. So that would be a win to get them out.

Cynicism wins.
    This.. I don't understand how LFR drops epics. Epics should be.... epic (oh my gosh that makes sense). Make epics feel epic again, either put in real effort for raids or factions or be extremely lucky (world drops/rare boss drops).

They should remove it asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Oziriz View Post
    This.. I don't understand how LFR drops epics. Epics should be.... epic (oh my gosh that makes sense). Make epics feel epic again, either put in real effort for raids or factions or be extremely lucky (world drops/rare boss drops).
    Pfft, epics haven't been "epic" since mid to late TBC, that boat has sailed very long ago.

On the topic, how about people that don't really understand how a game like WoW should function stop posting ideas about "how LFR should be". If you don't want it to exist, forget it and don't do it, make your own MMORPG without it, there are so many possibilities, but please stop telling me what I should be doing and enjoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Athlios View Post
    They should remove it asap.
    "Theuh shiwehuld reminguve itis aosasp" Why? Just because you don't like it? Or because you have no job and a lot of free time, so you want to be the special snowflake /afking infront of the AH with "muh epikz"? Why should Blizzard remove their most successful feature to date? Sometimes these forums amaze me how absurd opinions are.
    Last edited by Pyromanyac; 2013-11-08 at 09:42 AM.

Deleted
    - Remove loot lock to enable LFR spamming like hc dungeons before LFR
    - Make Tier token lootable once per week only or remove them and add lookalike items instead or just hand out lfr set pieces from valor
    - Make it faster: faster trash, lower life bosses. I don't see the point in how it currently is anyway, there is no challenge but still, everything lives way too long. Sometimes I have to struggle with falling asleep.

Alternatives:
    - Make every wing a 5 man hc dungeon (no scenarios plx)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oziriz View Post
    Welfare epics have existed since TBC; you could afk in BGs with almost zero consequence from patch 2.3 (?) onwards. If they actually decide to make the purple text items "epic" again they should remove it from everything bar heroic raids and conquest gear. The old conquest gear should also be downgraded.

I don't know why I even bothered replying since it doesn't bother me in the slightest, and I think blizzard probably agrees.
    Shadows are cruel.

Make ALL Raid Tiers, LFR, Flex, Normal and Heroic drop the same level gear. Let players progress through the level of content that suits their skill and award banners, transmog pieces, special glowies, mounts, pets or whatever. But not higher level gear.

Raiders like to claim that it's all about the skill, the teamwork and epic experience. Remove their super-powered gear rewards, give them something visual to show their skill level, and see if it's true?