Thread: Mythic mode

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Considering that WoD heroic is what we now call "normal", why wouldn't you?
    True say. Just asking I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLmTpnUIdQQ

^World of Warcraft Raids, Gameplay, Questing, and More Blizzcon 2013. The start is all about raids, very very interesting good listen that covers all the possibilities that actually got me excited about this raid content. I foresee a lot of 10man guilds merging with others or being absorbed into others, 25mans often lose a few players each xpac and should be reasonable unaffected but the overall change for having 1 "hard mode" raid size is fucking brilliant!

Only the first 10mins is on raids so definitely worth a watch
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

Deleted
    To me this doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

So if that's their philosophy, why do they remove the only raid format that allows you to raid with just friends and not being forced to group up with rejects?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    I think its a good middle ground number for the hardest mode, at least this way ppl can rest easy knowing it will be tuned accordingly and the lewt will retain its prestige by only being available from one size of raid the way it really should be.
    How is it a "good middle ground number" when 10 man guilds have to double their roster and 25 man guilds only have to drop 1/5 of theirs. They should have made it 15 man, or not change it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasmastarn View Post

So if that's their philosophy, why do they remove the only raid format that allows you to raid with just friends and not being forced to group up with rejects?
    It's called normal and heroic.

If you want to raid with just 9 other friends, it's normal and heroic. If you want to raid the most challenging content, it's you and 19 other folks in mythic.

So what's more important to you -- playing with just 9 friends, or playing the most challenging content ?

The content suffered from having to be tuned for both 10 and 25. Encounters will simply be better and better-tuned without having to design them around two different group sizes.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    If you want to raid with just 9 other friends, it's normal and heroic. If you want to raid the most challenging content, it's you and 19 other folks in mythic.
    That flexible normal/heroic shit will probably be super faceroll and cleared in a few days

- - - Updated - - -

The content suffered from having to be tuned for both 10 and 25. Encounters will simply be better and better-tuned without having to design them around two different group sizes.
    So why not make it 15 man? It makes a whole lot more sense

Quote Originally Posted by Gasmastarn View Post

- - - Updated - - -

How is it a "good middle ground number" when 10 man guilds have to double their roster and 25 man guilds only have to drop 1/5 of theirs. They should have made it 15 man, or not change it at all.
    They're not removing "flex". It's just called "normal" now.

Current normal will be heroic, and it will also be flexible.

Current heroic will be mythic, and will be fixed size (20 people only)

LFR will be flexible but will prefer to form 25-man groups whenever possible.

Here, look:

MoP LFR (25) -----> WoD LFR (10-25; but prefers 25 man groups whenever possible)

MoP Flex (10-25) -----> WoD Normal (10-25)

MoP Normal (10) & (25) -----> WoD Heroic (10-25)

MoP Heroic (10) & (25) -----> WoD Mythic (20)

See?
    Signature in progress...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SidheKnight View Post
    They're not removing "flex". It's just called "normal" now.

Current normal will be heroic, and it will also be flexible.

Current heroic will be mythic, and will be fixed size (20 people only)

LFR will be flexible but will prefer to form 25-man groups whenever possible.

Here, look:

MoP LFR (25) -----> WoD LFR (10-25; but prefers 25 man groups whenever possible)

MoP Flex (10-25) -----> WoD Normal (10-25)

MoP Normal (10) & (25) -----> WoD Heroic (10-25)

MoP Heroic (10) & (25) -----> WoD Mythic (20)

See?
    I understand that, I'm not braindead. It's just that you can no longer raid exclusively with friends if you want a challenge, which is so fucking stupid

The thing I find laughable about some of the posts that I have seen in this thread is the impression that seems to be going around that to be a cutting-edge raider you need to be willing to forsake any kind of life that you have, be it social, working or academic. To be able to enjoy end-game content you should NOT be required to bludge off social welfare or have corporate sponsorship from major hardware companies and live in your room 75% of the day - that kind of environment is unhealthy and to a certain extent DANGEROUS. But I digress.

People saying "just merge 2 10-man guilds" need to realise that by doing so, you will have 4 tanks, approx 6 healers and the rest DPS. I seriously doubt that they are going to be balancing 20-man raids with that kind of setup in mind, meaning that on top of that, you will also have to cut people out and recruit yet more people. The logistics are simply not worth the hassle. 25 man dropping down to 20 people has it easier because the 5 people they drop can at least remain on the bench and still have a chance of joining in, but 10 increasing to 20 HAS to build their numbers or they don't get to raid mythic, end of story.

I was originally on the fence about coming back to WoW, one of my old guilds wanting me to come back as a raid leader, after hearing about some of the features that were being included in WoD, but hearing about the end-game overhaul, I don't think I'll bother. Not worth the headache.

Let's kill every 10M Heroic guild AND let's force all 25M Heroic guilds to kick ~5 friends off of their roster. How is this a good idea in any way shape or form?