Comparison between WoW Garrison and Wildstar housing

So I read that Garrisons will be WoWs player owned housing system that you can build in any (maybe) of the new Draenor zones in one plot in each of those zones and later reallocate. Also that you can build 3 types of buildings but in only one style.

This is supposedly the major thing in this expansion that you will be paying $50 or €50 (yea valuta exhange rates are generally not considered by Blizzard). Well it's just one of the things in Wildstar incidentally so they are easy to compare:

Remember that Blizzard talked about player housing since 2007 so effectively had 6 years to build it *cough*. And Garrison is what they came up with:

• Limited to one style per faction
    • Limited to 3 buildings
    • Limited number of building slots
    • Linear progression
    • Grants you a tiny bit of crafting material
    • Limited dynamic ties to dungeons and raids

That's 6 years of development for something that seems quite underwhelming. In roughly the same amount of time Carbine came up with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScEliEh2_Xo

and:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MyI75JzS0E

In the light of this comparison WoW Garrison kind of pales unless you are a die-hard WoW/Blizzard fan (oh and remember Wildstar devs are vanilla Blizzard devs).

- They are looking into offering race specific templates rather than faction ones.
    - It isn't limited to three buildings but there are three upgrades for each building you decide to put down.
    - Wildstar works on a different engine which allows people to have a true sandbox where they can move things around in the most craziest ways. WoW has a much older engine which is a disadvantage but they are trying to make the best out of.
    - Wildstar does not allow you to have a whole town but one building and then a work/crafting station though the functions are mostly shared between both ideas.
    - WoW garrisons have a companion/follower/NPC system similar to SW:TOR which will work for you rather than doing it all yourself.

Deleted
    Wildstar gameplay looks boring as fuck, wouldn't even want to own a building in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgaunt View Post
    Limited to 3 buildings
    Did they actually say this somewhere? honest question because there are definitely more than 3 buildings here:
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...nWWWNext68.jpg
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...nWWWNext75.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgaunt View Post
    Limited to one style per faction
    This really Bums out my all dwarf mains hopefully more racial options are in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodovica View Post
    - They are looking into offering race specific templates rather than faction ones.
    - It isn't limited to three buildings but there are three upgrades for each building you decide to put down.
    Correct. The main building is the same and cannot be customized and changes 3 times based on the tier. I wasn't being precise enough here. I didn't want to compare the craft/work stations that you can have as well because that would be unfair to WoW since Wildstar has many more options than WoW. It was main building to main building. But a more indepth comparison would be in its place if anyone is up for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I couldn't care less about Wildstar but you have to remember this is still early days and things can change with feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    Wildstar gameplay looks boring as fuck, wouldn't even want to own a building in that game.
    Yea action combat is so boring and un-exciting compared to a game in which you stand still and deepees in outdated graphics. Blizzard is lucky to have you as a customer.

To me the whole system with have companions reminds me more of Star Wars and alot of Star Trek Online. The whole sending companions to do quest for rewards and it taking time+ chance of them being hurt and having a down time to heal is alot like the duty officer system from STO which i very much enjoyed so i am looking foreword to it. Also if they decided to do it based on race housing rather then faction that would push it over the edge and make it amazing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Saluin View Post
    Well I couldn't care less about Wildstar but you have to remember this is still early days and things can change with feedback.
    Perhaps. I'm personally really disappointed with what we got from Blizzard after 6 years of Blizzard talking about ingame housing. Especially because people were asking for customization and this is what they got... you can place a couple of generic buildings in a few different spots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well. yeah, I agree... when you look at what wildstar can do, and then look what wow devs give you.. it is kind of underwhelming.
    Plus, then WoD is over and we're into next expansion.. what, we abandon our fort?
    #boycottchina

It's pretty idiotic to argue that the Garrison system is more personalized than the Wildstar system. However, I think a point can be made that Garrisons have more potential for growth, as they just mentioned a PvP feature to the Garrisons that might come later, as well as the current npc integration. Wildstar is just a standard build and watch.

Me personally? I like the Wildstar housing a bit more,as housing has always been something that should be personal and customizable IMO. Unfortunately, I find Wildstar to appear tedious and have no desire to buy that game whatsoever.

Garrisons don't really seem like they're even meant to be "player housing" to me... more like a gameplay aspect of WoD that will be left behind with the next expansion.

Deleted
    Wildstar? The MMO that is released in 2014 and has Textures quality on par with WoW classic?

Quote Originally Posted by j0053 View Post
    It's pretty idiotic to argue that the Garrison system is more personalized than the Wildstar system. However, I think a point can be made that Garrisons have more potential for growth, as they just mentioned a PvP feature to the Garrisons that might come later, as well as the current npc integration. Wildstar is just a standard build and watch.
    Wildstar will do that out of the box in Warplots... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN2scpeA41k