Deleted

All maps in WC3 universe?

Is it just me or all maps seem to be set in WC universe? Would really like to see them mix maps up

Deleted
    they spoke a bit about maps, theres going to be a very large map selection that gets rotated often, it will use maps from all three universes. just the showcased ones did look a bit warcraft inspired.

Deleted
    I hope there will be several different maps. I just wonder how the queue times will be due to them.

Deleted
    Warcraft is the best Universe so what's the problem!?

Deleted
    Would be fun to see some maps from Diablo aswell. Do not know much about SC maps so I can't really get into that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Metropolis please. Though I honestly have no idea what the objective of that map would be.

Considering that it used to look like this: (which is blatantly SC2)

It's safe to assume that it won't be solely WC3

It's not Warcraft, they called this selection of maps a part of the King's... something world. Anyway, it's probably a hint that there will be multiple worlds with multiple battlegrounds in each, fantasy, sci fi or whatever themed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm excited for new maps, it gives the game more flare & excitement each game for different strategies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    I'm excited for new maps, it gives the game more flare & excitement each game for different strategies.
    Yea, I loved that mines map where you jump down to get skulls to summon a unit!

The maps aren't located in Azeroth, they're in a new place called Kings Crest. All 4 of the maps are located in various locations in Kings Crest, each with a slightly different theme. It's still a traditional fantasy setting, but it's not exactly the same as Warcraft's.

They said the current ones felt good for similar theme and that sci-fi ones are definately coming. They were also considering a Diablo based Sanctuary one.