Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I'm pretty sure calling your audience "kids" invalidates everything you post afterwards, but since I'm bored and waiting for blizzcon to start back up, I'll point out that the 15 bucks a month only applies to the western market . . . the business model for WoW in China, for instance, is entirely different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starcitygames View Post
    All of that you posted is just superficial junk that has been piled on top of old ideas. Yay we got LFR now, but did it really change raiding? No, it didn't it just opened it to the masses, but raiding largely stayed the exact same. Heroics are no longer heroic. I don't even know what phasing accomplished, and by the gods we have new water all is fixed. See its all just illusion of real change.
    By all means, show us your new ideas. And none of that "change it back to vanilla, bc" shit. That isn't "new" using your terms. So please...enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    The revenue from games like Diablo, SC2 and Hearthstone or even HotS won't be comparable for the revenue that WoW brings in though.

I'm willing to roughly assess that 80 to 90% of the money earned by Blizzard comes from WoW.

The fact they started all these other sideline games, like Hearthstone and HotS is because they're trying to make up for the lost revenue of WoW.

You must also keep in mind that the boardmembers and directive personal has wages and bonusses that increased based on company income in many cases, and these wages generally only go up, and not down. So the boardmembers will keep receiving the million dollar paychecks wether or not revenue is shrinking.
    Didn't one of activisions big dudes have his salary cut from $40mil to $5mil? They have to report their earning.

Thank you ElyPop for the sig!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Omg

Quote Originally Posted by Neforpubl View Post
    Do a little math with me for a moment.

RIGHT NOW there is 7.6million subs playing just wow, maybe not active, but still paying monthly.

7.6mil * 15 = $114mil * 12 = $1,368,000,000 <--- thats how much they make annually.

It costs roughly $150k a day to keep the servers running and lets just say there is 30 days in every month.

$150,000 * 30 = $4,500,000/mo to run the servers.

They have about 5k employees and I am going to be generous and say everyone at blizz makes 5k a month (60k a year) with exceptions of the big guys.

5,000 * $5,000 = $25,000,000/mo for pay.

Then I will throw in another $1mil for gas and shit for the company vehicles.

And another $5mil for advertisements and misc.

Lets do some math again.
    $114,000,000
    - $35,500,000
    $78,500,000 <--- That is pure profit give or take 10mil. x12 = $942 MILLION

This is also just WoW subs too, keep that in mind. Don't forget services (Name changes, xfers, ect), Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, BlizzCon, Blizzard Store, ect.

I would say they are rolling in a average of around $1.5billion a year in just profits.

Can someone please explain to me how they are "dying?" How they are going to have to go F2P soon or they will be doomed? Cause unless my math is wrong.... They are going to stay afloat for a while.

tl;dr
    Do math, bitch.
    Your math sucks, you're just another ill informed WoW subscriber that lives in fairy land when it comes to crunching the actual numbers. You do realize that there is nowhere NEAR 7.6 mil subscribers paying $15 a month.

This information has been out for YEARS!!!!! In other countries where they have companies like NetEase they make a heck of a lot less. It is really, really sad you and others do not know this.

At least half of all subscribers are from countries that DO NOT pay $15 a month.
    Here are some actual numbers for you to peruse. http://investor.activision.com/results.cfm

There is no way that over a quarter of Acti and Bliz TOTAL revenue comes from WoW.

TLDR : you know jack about this subject like so many others, learn facts, bitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lost me at do a little math..

People are dramatic, pessimistic, selfish, greedy, what perfection, what their minds read on what is going to appeal and entertain them perfectly, they want instant gratification and because of that they complain. A lot. It's not all perfect so naturally the sky over Nagrand is falling.

Quote Originally Posted by starcitygames View Post
    We'll we are on a wow fansite. Of course it will largely exist of wow fanboys, and in a fanboys eyes blizzard can do no wrong. *rolls eyes*
    No, it is not defending Blizzard or saying that they cant go wrong, it is about saying that Blizzard is dying

AS "diying" I would understand that the company is breaking down with a lot of financial loses or lack of profits, something that is not happening according to the info posted byt the OP

I mean, Wow is having a natural decline of sales as most products, that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    OMGOMG SOMEONE PROVING THEIR POINT SOMEWHAT!!!!! *as we do not know the real income* but i am sure this makes a great guesstamate.

anyways these tards have been saying wow has been dying for 10 years

i am a 04 player here and i started with wc2 and i think this next expansion is going to be the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lots of lore

also why do the kids cry we didn't kill garrosh? i think garrosh escaping to a alternate reality and then using that reality to attack us is very creative instead ok we kill him expansion done next insane guy is up!!!!!

also brings up old heroes that us true warcraft lovers have a spot for.

also the updated race models were needed and you get them regardless if you buy the expansion or not

garrisons look badass!!!!!

and the free 90 i think is needed because to many people hate grinding through no mans land to even play the game i saw someone saying it only takes a week to hit 90 and i laughed because that is with heirlooms and knowing everything and spending lots of time a casual would take a lot longer then 1 week and i think giving ONE and only ONE free 90 is a good approach.

plus it allows even some of us vet's to play the classes we couldn't bare to lvl
    *priest and rogue and deathknight as the rest i already have a 90* for me because i have lvled to many times i can't stand it so i can finally try a priest or maybe deathknight without going through the lvling process again from lvl 1
    Just want to give my opinion on this.

While yes I do think it is a creative idea and is certainly out of the box, I think the symbolism of Garrosh's defeat was missed. This guy's logo is Lok'tar Ogar, Victory or Death!
    What's more romantic then having a ruthless, evil villain who, if was to die, (he didn't want to die at all, but given the option) would be a glorious death, but instead He's locked up in a prison to wallow in his misery and own self depravation?
    I think that would have been a very beautiful way to end the expansion and the end of Garrosh's horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    Alot of the people complaining either fell for the Legion expansion BS
    you do know this is a legion expansion right?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Because they are.... wait for it.... kids. And kids are stupid. Simple as that.

No other gaming company in the world has a legion of fans like Blizzard. People only talk about WoW, but the number of people that log in battle.net is HUGE.

And just wait until Hearthstone and SPECIALLY Heroes of the Storm launch officially. HotS will put DotA and LoL to shame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neforpubl View Post
    Do a little math with me for a moment.

RIGHT NOW there is 7.6million subs playing just wow, maybe not active, but still paying monthly.

7.6mil * 15 = $114mil * 12 = $1,368,000,000 <--- thats how much they make annually.

It costs roughly $150k a day to keep the servers running and lets just say there is 30 days in every month.

$150,000 * 30 = $4,500,000/mo to run the servers.

They have about 5k employees and I am going to be generous and say everyone at blizz makes 5k a month (60k a year) with exceptions of the big guys.

5,000 * $5,000 = $25,000,000/mo for pay.

Then I will throw in another $1mil for gas and shit for the company vehicles.

And another $5mil for advertisements and misc.

Lets do some math again.
    $114,000,000
    - $35,500,000
    $78,500,000 <--- That is pure profit give or take 10mil. x12 = $942 MILLION

This is also just WoW subs too, keep that in mind. Don't forget services (Name changes, xfers, ect), Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, BlizzCon, Blizzard Store, ect.

I would say they are rolling in a average of around $1.5billion a year in just profits.

Can someone please explain to me how they are "dying?" How they are going to have to go F2P soon or they will be doomed? Cause unless my math is wrong.... They are going to stay afloat for a while.

tl;dr
    Do math, bitch.
    Well, there's VAT (or if it's called something else in the US) and additional taxes on top of their salaries, but I guess they're still making a pretty darn big profit even though your numbers are pretty off.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I'm pretty sure calling your audience "kids" invalidates everything you post afterwards, but since I'm bored and waiting for blizzcon to start back up, I'll point out that the 15 bucks a month only applies to the western market . . . the business model for WoW in China, for instance, is entirely different.
    Not even that, as people who sub for more than a month at a time receive a discount and so on, free month for some people in some circumstances etc etc.

Given that as a public company their operating expenditure and earnings are matters of public record it seems odd that the op has decided to just make up random numbers that have no bearing on the reality to make their point. While I understand what they're getting at, criticising people for making things up by making something else up seems like the wrong approach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not every sub pays $15 per month, especially outside of the western world.

WoW will not always provide the steady flow of revenue it does now. Glad they are looking at the long term and have lots of games planned. Heroes of the storm look very promising and hearthstone is a pretty good game too. Sc2 will pretty much always have an audience. I mean, did you see how many people were there for the finals? Crazy stuff.

It is rather hilarious to read the wild "Blizzard is screwed" threads, most likely made by disgruntled 12 year old kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    people mix economy with the game alot
    i consider them confused