Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Then why there wasn't a single word about it at Blizzcon?
    It seems to me that this is a pretty big deal to go untouched like this.
    Also, all of those screenshots I saw were just the character panel. They could be all inside Deadmines regular for all we know.
    Pretty sure it was mentioned on the stream.

Deleted
    Who cares if they get reduced by 96%. I think this is good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Then why there wasn't a single word about it at Blizzcon?
    It seems to me that this is a pretty big deal to go untouched like this.
    Also, all of those screenshots I saw were just the character panel. They could be all inside Deadmines regular for all we know.

theres some shots of the new talents where you can see character healths and stuff, also they did mention it breifly after one of the panels, but it was strangely absent.

Quote Originally Posted by runkel View Post
    Tell me.. Boss health/dmg reduced by same amount as this, How on earth can this affect our ability to solo old content.
    easily. just because you cant see it doesnt mean noone can.

Deleted
    Don't care one little bit about the numbers themselves or if they dial them back to the level of some halcyon golden age , but if they get rid of the stupid exponential growth in stats which, in my opinion, has become absolutely farcical in MoP then I might be tempted in coming back . If they don't then I won't bother. The size of the numbers themselves have never bothered me, just how the different sets of numbers relate to each other.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Pretty sure it was mentioned on the stream.

not on the main panel though, it was mentioned very briefly in an interview with a dev after the wow panel, can't remember what he said about it, but he confirmed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    How do the stats of a level 1 character look like then?
    I expect the same as they are now. There really is no need to squish anything up to BWL.

This isn't item squish. This is time travel to do old content aka gear scaling.

I've wanted this ever since Cata. I never liked the huge numbers we kept creeping towards.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually remember playing WoW way back in original beta, and Scarlet Monestary was "end game" for one of the phases. At level 39, a ring with +5 of a stat was the best in the game, or you could find a +2 +2. They then felt like the lower levels didn't see enough stat increases, so the next patch they made it so that all stats were increased in number but did less than they did before, for instance strength added much more attack power, it was just lower.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Well then, it seems they will just finish Blizzcon with a "Oh yeah, we forgot to mention. All your stats are halved now. See you next year"

Honestly, I'd do the same, just to avoid the shitstorm that would begin right in front of them.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The numbers of everything are too big. The numbers for everything will be squished. Simple & needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Now every expansion, Blizzard releases a new class, or 2 new races into the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Why would someone create malware for a mac? Is there a black market for photo albums of cats and half written novels?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    easily. just because you cant see it doesnt mean noone can.
    If you really think it's that easy you'd make an attempt at explaining it and I'd go right ahead and prove you wrong.

Jesus fucking christ are people STILL worried about how this will affect soloing? Even after the 500 times devs have said over the past year that a rescaling of stats would affect everything in the game?

How many more times do people still need to be told?
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post

the picture of Towilee is the item squish, its from the WoD client at blizzcon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Hahaha, no. You are very ill informed to believe that.

Deleted
    bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    If it's just numbers, why change them?
    Because the higher the numbers the harder the game is to program and the more complex it is? Its reaching insane levels where they almost cant go up any further due to the size and number of calculations needing to be made

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    I'm sorry that you can't seem to handle my presence on these forums
    Say something that makes sense once in a while in threads related to the item squish and maybe I can. How many times does it have to explained to you that the problem is more than just people being turned off by big numbers?

your life must be harsh.
    It is but I sleep like a baby.