Cool Fresh Mage for new xpac - heroic theorycrafting?

Hi guys,

Decided to make the change to a Mage for the new x-pac and recently finished leveling to 90/started gear progression. So far I am loving playing Arcane but will probably run a fire build on the side for heroic content.

I have plenty of end game experience and I've had a read through the forums but haven't seen any links to some real in depth theorycrafting sites like maintankadin or totemspot etc. are there any of these available for mages?

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by fearom View Post
    Hi guys,

Decided to make the change to a Mage for the new x-pac and recently finished leveling to 90/started gear progression. So far I am loving playing Arcane but will probably run a fire build on the side for heroic content.

I have plenty of end game experience and I've had a read through the forums but haven't seen any links to some real in depth theorycrafting sites like maintankadin or totemspot etc. are there any of these available for mages?

Cheers.
    Fact is, we don't know anything else than the level 100 talents from the expansion, and even those will have to change from their Blizzcon form as they were really unbalanced. So there are no videos to be done. There is a expansion talk thread already on these forums, but outside of said level 100 talents, it's pure speculation.
    Last edited by mrgreenthump; 2013-12-02 at 03:10 AM.

Greenie, he was asking about theorycrafting sites specific to mages, not just for the expansion.

And to answer that question... no, there really is no dedicated wow mage website out there. The MMO champion forums for the mage class are the best there is out there when it comes to in depth theorycrafting. The only other resource that mages use are when Vykina puts a guide post up over on Method's website, so I'll like the most current one for you here:

http://www.methodwow.com/board/showt...ire-Mage-Guide

There is also some rather good discussion in that thread. But outside of there, and here, this is pretty much it. You will find the guides here are generally very accurate, and often people give some real insider tips on things like how to use alter time, how to abuse blink, how to use an old tier set for a pre-pull dps boost. But no, there is no dedicated theorycrafting/blogging website specifically dedicated to mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromelter View Post
    Greenie, he was asking about theorycrafting sites specific to mages, not just for the expansion.
    Derp, I should really not read posts when am tired. But my answer was mostly towards the topic anyways..

Okay that's cool. Thanks for the responses guys