+movement speed stat on item, implications for PVP

No big PVPer here, but I just realized: if +movement speed becomes a stat on gear, isn't it going to have a huge effect in PVP, especially on melee? Having a miss chance is one thing, but if everyone else is stacking more +speed than you, you might as well have 0% hit chance as melee. Now I realize we play in a game with death grip, life grip, slows, stuns, roots, and multiple CC options for each spec... BUT that also means there's a good chance you will be affected by similar slows and whatnot.

This isn't really a complaint, I'm quite excited about seeing stats other than +damage (in some form) on gear, just wondering how it's going to work out for PVP. What do you all think?

classes with percent based movement increases are gonna have a blast

ferals, rogues, etc.

They said you can't use PvE gear in PvP (I think) so just don't put the movement stat on PvP gear

Quote Originally Posted by blaqkmagick View Post
    They said you can't use PvE gear in PvP (I think) so just don't put the movement stat on PvP gear
    They said you couldn't on the "Trial of the Gladiator" that said, they could just disable the speed boost in instanced pvp, would still work out in the world.

Edit: I also don't believe that + movement speed will be a stat like it is in D3, and that it will be similar to how some of the trinkets in SoO are now. Just 1 item that gives you like a 5% boost to speed, that you can't stack with anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz80 View Post
    They said you couldn't on the "Trial of the Gladiator" that said, they could just disable the speed boost in instanced pvp, would still work out in the world.
    Somehow doubt even with all +move on gear you'd get above the 15% or so people can get anyway, and guess what: probably won't stack.

Even if it does and you've got rogues in wPvP going at +60% move speed, something tells me that they'll hit you like a barrage of wet noodles since they'll have one of their stats (haste/crit/mastery) replaced with LOLSPEED.

Sounds good to me.

Deleted
    In the world you say. I think the world shouldn't be any different than an instanced pvp area. I hate to run into players with good pve gear and die just because they have like 2 times more dmg from higher ilvl and more stats. If you add movement speed.... Not that world pvp is that important. But if you run into someone you shouldn't be at disadvantage against a pve player in pvp situation in any way anywhere.

It is horrible and will be dropped before live, don't worry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerOnly View Post
    Somehow doubt even with all +move on gear you'd get above the 15% or so people can get anyway, and guess what: probably won't stack.

Even if it does and you've got rogues in wPvP going at +60% move speed, something tells me that they'll hit you like a barrage of wet noodles since they'll have one of their stats (haste/crit/mastery) replaced with LOLSPEED.

Sounds good to me.
    Speed/cleave/etc is a tertiary stat, won't effect secondaries (crit, haste, mastery)
    Tertiary stats are unlikely to be found on pvp gear
    Rogues already have burst of speed
    World pvp is already shit, unbalanced, and dominated by dragon slayers

the speed boost is only on boots. so it'll be pretty much exactly like the movement enchant you already have

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    the speed boost is only on boots. so it'll be pretty much exactly like the movement enchant you already have
    You/We have only seen 1 item with it, doesn't mean it will only be on boots.

I feel like it's pretty safe to say tertiary stats won't be available in PvP, so this isn't much of a concern, unless we find out otherwise. At least, the way they described it as a random low % droprate on PvE.

They may allow PvPers to "pick" which stat they want, but I kind of doubt that at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    You/We have only seen 1 item with it, doesn't mean it will only be on boots.
    Blizzard devs have said that, in the current build so subject to change, it's limited only to boots.
    If, if, Blizzard does the story right, Warlords of Draenor has the potential to be the best expansion story-wise we've ever had.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    hail to the victor who wins by running away?
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.