Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Issues with instant 90?

I mean its a cool feature, glad Blizzard only said it comes once with buying the expansion (You must be desperate if you buy multiple expansions for multiple 90s)

But when I read they might add it to the Blizzard Store.. I almost hurled. If Blizzard does this they will be saying a big "Fuck you!" to old content and low level content in general. I'm hoping they don't add it because there is a lot of content there that Blizzard can advance upon.. and I'm not saying remake it they learned from Cata.

But at least make it enjoyable, I am especially nervous about new players getting a free 90.. I mean some players will want to quest, but most will skip 80% of the game and never experience it.

I hope Blizzard doesn't add instant 90s as a store feature AT LEAST for new players.

Honestly, pre-cata id think this was a horrible idea. ive leveled over a dozen characters each in pre and post cata, and i have to say, post offers nothing in the leveling experience. A free 90 wont miss anything.

leveling alts was one of my favorite things to do on the side in bc/wotlk

I personally wouldn't mind adding instant 90 to the cash store. Grinding levels is fun if you do it once or twice, but after that it becomes a chore.

I don't think Blizzard will do anything with the old world, any time spent on that is time taken away from new things.

Instant 90 isn't so bad, I'm not one of those people that believes you learn you class leveling up. Leveling is just a pain in the ass, so if some people want to throw money at it to go away I'm fine with it.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    I doubt they'll add an option to buy a lvl 90 char in the store, it seems kinda lame tbh. On the other hand a onetime lvl 90 doesn't seem that bad because when you think of it, most of the people create another char sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    I mean its a cool feature, glad Blizzard only said it comes once with buying the expansion (You must be desperate if you buy multiple expansions for multiple 90s)

But when I read they might add it to the Blizzard Store.. I almost hurled. If Blizzard does this they will be saying a big "Fuck you!" to old content and low level content in general. I'm hoping they don't add it because there is a lot of content there that Blizzard can advance upon.. and I'm not saying remake it they learned from Cata.

But at least make it enjoyable, I am especially nervous about new players getting a free 90.. I mean some players will want to quest, but most will skip 80% of the game and never experience it.

I hope Blizzard doesn't add instant 90s as a store feature AT LEAST for new players.
    I have a 90 of every class, IF i want to go to another server or play another faction why shouldnt i be able to just get an instant 90 instead of transferring and separating my main toon collection.

Also at this point in the game its a HUGE turnoff to a new player that he/she has to level though 5 Xpacks just to be able to play with their friends or relatives.

What it comes down to is that most of you complaining about this have either maxed out your 90's or are close to it and are just angry and butt hurt that someone will be able to do it with a click and you could not.

"I worked hard to build my company from the ground up, no one should be able to flat out by a company!!!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post

so what if they skip, how does that impact you? oh thats right it does not.

And your last sentance tells me all I need to know, You are one of those people who think that because you had to level everyone else has to as well, even though that in no way impacts your game at all....

I just dont understand the attitude.

Its like at my work, we were offered an increase in holidays across the board to 30days a year, and some people instead of saying "fuck yes gimmie now" which is what any rational person would do, tried to put limits on it for new employees, saying they thought that people should have to work 5 or 10 years before getting the increase.....why? how could it possibly impact them? it boiled down to an attempt to feel superior to other people even though it in now way impacted them if someone else got the increase.
    Its exactly the same situation here.
    The option to level to 90 instantly may be there, but if someone takes it or not, in no way impact you. so why do you care?
    Last edited by mmoc37d54b0df8; 2013-11-10 at 05:05 PM.

leveling should help prepare you for endgame/teach you how to play, since its a horrible failure in that regard may as well skip it

Deleted
    I don't see a problem with it if its not lvl 100. (I have 12 90's myself) people will learn the class in those 10 levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    You shouldn't believe everything you read
    It was also SAID on the Warlords of Draenor developer panel. When asked if they would add an "instant 90" option to the Blizzard store, the production director (the guy in the black and green Warcraft shirt) said "Maybe".

Like Brodeo, I enjoyed leveling alts back pre-Cataclysm. Now, I hate it. I will use the instant 90 on a character on a different server (I plan to change servers). I have no opinion one way or the other if they added an instant 90 button in the store. Would I use it? Nope. Just like I haven't used the "almost instant 80 [soon to be 85]" that is Recruit-a-friend. But it would be greatly tempting to never have to go through the shitfest that is Cataclysm content (1-60, 80-85) ever again.

They could also add some high currency and/or material cost. At least I don't think it would hurt much.

Quote Originally Posted by takeshiIsu View Post

I just dont understand the attitude.
    My attitude comes from your imagination, I'm just expressing my opinion. There is a lot of opportunity there and a lot of hard work applied. A new player should experience it. Older players I don't give a rats ass about, they have a right to have a free level 90.

Blizzard shouldn't disregard years of old content.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally don't care, i already have 17 lvl 90's now and don't need more (unless new class :3 ).
    Only downside is that new ppl who just starts the game can have a free lvl90 and don't know how to play the class at all, and then end up with them if you do random dungeons.

i'd prefer if lvl 90 could be bought with some kinda ingame currency instead of real money.

sort of an alternative to heirloom gear.
    you can get heirloom and level manually if you like that, or use the tokens to buy a lvl 90 with lvl appropriate white gear.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

It's a cop out to prevent revisiting th levelling process.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a flat out benefit, I don't understand how people can think otherwise.

Leveling to 90 will teach you absolutely nothing about the Endgame. Questing is all it is and questing doesn't take skill anyways, it just requires common sense. Even if you can't figure out how to quest, you'll learn it before you hit level 91. It does not teach you how to run Dungeons/BGs/Raids/or Arenas, which is what the Endgame is. Sure, you can run Dungeons and BGs in the leveling period, but lets be honest, most people don't.

The only reason I'd be against this is if they integrated those Endgames aspects into leveling and by that I mean where you have to learn them. However, this is just the easier approach.

Deleted
    Benefits far outweigh any issue of new players not understanding what they are doing, I have friends who are interested in subscribing for the first time ever because they don't have to grind out 90 levels of redundant stuff and can just jump straight into the new game with me.

Most of the endgame play is learned at endgame anyway. Especially now with proving grounds, scenarios, a hint that heroic dungeons may be a little tougher and easy access to raids all of which you cannot do before cap. I am glad its 10 levels this time as it will allow people to participate in the journey a bit more and hopefully give the zones a better flow instead of outlevelling them.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine if it stays just one. If this goes on the cash shop at any point, then I'll have issues.

But at least they are addressing the "level 90, no learning the class" issue.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

To me this is a cheap solution to bring new players to this game, I would prefer that they reduced the amount of experience needed each level by tons instead and made leveling more rewarding. Currently, yes it's horrible and takes too long.
    For someone that never before played an mmo, jumping straight in on a level 90 character is extremely confusing, leveling and progressing your first character should be a part of this game. Even if the first levels took like one quest each, it would still less overwhelming than just getting all your abilities at once. I don't like where this is going.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as it is not a cash option I'm 100% cool with it. Instant 90 as a cash option just means more nubs who can't play their class trying to jump into bg's and raids. You need to level to L2P.