Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wycked View Post
    Oh, looks like I pissed off team rp. Forgot about the people that play dress up and go fight with foam swords in the woods. Sorry, I'll just go needlessly spam click accept/complete for 8 hours while killing 0 difficulty mobs because you people are too lazy to go to barns and noble and pick up a book.
    Listen, you're playing a mmoRPG. You're one of the nerds. And that insult haven't really worked for quite some time either, i think you'll have to work on some new material bro
    "Should i trust this fart?"-Brian Redban

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you know it's gonna take twice as long as the 5 level grind? It'll probably be the same but just more levels so it DOESN'T feel like such a grind to get to the next level. And they even said, you're gonna get bonuses to abilities as you level so it's not some huge wait for stuff.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Don't feed the troll people

And he/she is is serious...well I mean...seriously? Don't you have better things to complain about? Like how horrible the story is, how unimaginative this whole expac is (minus garrisons) or how orcs are once again teh badguys?
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Leveling was already too fast in the previous expansions tbh.

Deleted
    prepare for dozens and dozens of this over the course of next week. it is like every child shares their whining on mmoC about anything they can think of

10+ Year Old Account
    Good one, OP. Soon you will say that queuing up for any group activity is a way to test your patience with the game and that Blizzard should make you able to solo raids and dungeons because of it. Does that sound ridiculous? Well, it's as nonsensical as what you just said.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Er, just because it's 10 levels doesn't mean it will take longer. Each level will go quicker. Also, Blizzard said they were changing questing so it's not a massive long grind like it was in MoP. Why do you play MMO's if you hate quests so much.
    I read this post years ago when people thought only 5 levels for an expansion. I guess my point is it's funny people defending 5 levels are defending 10 now. Overlord blizzard we thank thee.

Oh, looks like I pissed off team rp. Forgot about the people that play dress up and go fight with foam swords in the woods. Sorry, I'll just go needlessly spam click accept/complete for 8 hours while killing 0 difficulty mobs because you people are too lazy to go to barns and noble and pick up a book.
    Dude, you're in the wrong game! Go play LoL or something where you pick a premade char and go about your business. Just becoz ppl happen to like leveling doesn't mean they are RP-fanatics? You're just looking more and more like a tool dude, stop digging yourself deeper and realize there are like 5million people that disagree with you.. so YOU are wrong!

Seriously
    Having to do 5 levels is a nightmare, 8 hours of life wasted every time. No1 cares about the quest chains, no1 needs 16 hours of practice learning how to use the new talents/whatever. Jesus, this is gonna be horrible...double the grinding time for 1 new tier of skills.
    You can't honestly be serious..

is this your first mmo?
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    Try TBC/WOTLK levelling, when they were still fresh, to see what "slow" is. Or Vanilla, I guess.
    I die a little inside each time anyone try to paint WotLK's leveling as "slow" (or anything in WotLK as "old-school" in general)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    Leveling was already too fast in the previous expansions tbh.
    Thanks for this glimmer of sanity in this thread.

Seriously
    Having to do 5 levels is a nightmare, 8 hours of life wasted every time. No1 cares about the quest chains, no1 needs 16 hours of practice learning how to use the new talents/whatever. Jesus, this is gonna be horrible...double the grinding time for 1 new tier of skills.
    You are whats wrong with this game.

Deleted
    Dumbest thread I've seen all month.

You do realize 5 levels and 10 are the same thing right?

You need say 10M exp overall

With 5 levels it's requiring 2M per level.

With 10 levels it's requiring 1M per level.

Get it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Worked for two expansions.
    thats just your opinion. im of the opinion that leveling up is a load of bollocks & a complete waste of time.

Seriously
    lol

You must be new here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't get caught up on the number of levels. Blizz plays with the xp you get for each quest to adjust the speed of leveling. Here's my real life example ... I only get to play WoW for 2 or 3 hours a night, and those couple of hours are broken up swapping out laundry, checking a kid's homework, etc. This is my life. When Cata came out, with that amount of game time, it took me 5 days to level a character from 80 to 85. When MoP came out, with exactly the same game time of a broken up 2 or 3 hours of play time per night, it took me almost 3 weeks to level a character from 85 to 90. I'm sure it will NOT take me 6 weeks to level a character from 90 to 100 just because it's 10 levels. As others have pointed out, Blizz said they would speed up leveling (personally I hope not back to Cata speed, that was too fast :/). It'll get worked out in the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    thats just your opinion. im of the opinion that leveling up is a load of bollocks & a complete waste of time.
    Then you probably should go do something that doesn't require it, and leave those of us that enjoy it to do what we like. You do have that choice, you know.
    Feel like you have a target on your back around here?

Knowing this place, you probably do.

MoP had a good pace for the first time (alts were painful), but I much preferred BC and Wrath with 10 levels. Two weeks of an expansion and then Timeless Isle and Raids? That sounds equally boring.... though Garrisons might be fun.

I'd prefer they go with a previous idea they discussed where the first alt takes about like MoP did, then your second account alt requires 25% less xp to level. The next one takes 50% less xp. The next 65%, and then the rest take 75% less xp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    What would you prefer? The expansion releases as a patch?

"New World: Draenor! Nothing to do in it!"

Or do you see raiding as the only worthwhile content that should ever be added? :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Going from previous level cap to next level cap has always taken just as long every time. Not sure on the point of going back to 10 levels though. The main reason they went to 5 levels was the changes to the talent system. In the 5 level system, you just gained much more power per level.

Deleted
    Levelling between expansions makes sense. Bringing out new raids and dungeons at the same level is called a patch and always will be with WoW. You don't have to level up if you don't want to.