Hades 10/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Persona 4 Golden - 8.5/10

Persona 5 was my first Persona game and I also played Persona 5 Royal at the beginning of the year, so when playing this game I felt like I was going back in time. Overall, I think the game was enjoyable but didn't quite hit some of the heights that Persona 5 Royal did. The dungeons were generic as were the enemies. The boss fights were long slogs without any real interesting mechanics. There was no demon recruitment to keep things interesting. Hell, even the overarching story wasn't all that interesting to me.

What did really stand out was the main cast of characters. The side Social Links had a few standouts but I did think they were overall weaker than Persona 5, but the main cast was phenomenal. I loved Kanji, Naoto, and Yukiko especially. They really did feel like a close knit group of friends and the saddest part of the game was rolling credits and realizing that my adventures with them were over. I wish I could've played this game without comparing it to Persona 5, but even still I had a good time with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Only had a minor issue with the connection so far, but it's not that bad, and it is getting fixed I've read from mail in game. I did read that some PC players have had some difficulty with it even starting up though.
    Yes it constantly kicks me out of the session on PC. I hope they fix that, awesome game still, having much fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Replayed Portal 2 for the first time in years. Still a 10/10. Such a great game.

Rogue Legacy 2
    Maybe a 5.5/10 at the moment.
    Boss fights were fair. The grind to unlock everything is too much for me. If it were quicker I think I'd bump up the score.

Tales of Arise is freakin' sweet, 10/10

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Persona 4 Golden - 8.5/10

Persona 5 was my first Persona game and I also played Persona 5 Royal at the beginning of the year, so when playing this game I felt like I was going back in time. Overall, I think the game was enjoyable but didn't quite hit some of the heights that Persona 5 Royal did. The dungeons were generic as were the enemies. The boss fights were long slogs without any real interesting mechanics. There was no demon recruitment to keep things interesting. Hell, even the overarching story wasn't all that interesting to me.

What did really stand out was the main cast of characters. The side Social Links had a few standouts but I did think they were overall weaker than Persona 5, but the main cast was phenomenal. I loved Kanji, Naoto, and Yukiko especially. They really did feel like a close knit group of friends and the saddest part of the game was rolling credits and realizing that my adventures with them were over. I wish I could've played this game without comparing it to Persona 5, but even still I had a good time with it.
    I give the slight edge to P4G over P5R, but both are such incredible games, that really they are both just must plays imo. I'm really a huge fan of both games, and have so many good things to say about both. Wish P4G comes to Switch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Replayed Portal 2 for the first time in years. Still a 10/10. Such a great game.
    Legendary GOAT, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Yes it constantly kicks me out of the session on PC. I hope they fix that, awesome game still, having much fun.
    Yeah, I still have some connection issues popping up visually, but it seems on the xbox now the last two days is just that, a visual bug of some sort.

Hope they fix it on all versions anyway, it deserves to be in perfect condition. I do enjoy the game immensely, it is going to be hours on hours(read, months) of great fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Lost Ark - did the EU/NA beta then went to play on RU until it releases.

I'd say 6/10, it's a solid ARPG experience that is unique because it introduces in it various MMO elements like actual raiding, dailies and systems like pretty advanced housing and follower missions/research.

Visuals and design are good, engine is UE3 so it's a tad outdated, but the game is pretty and they clearly did good with that. Classes are very distinct with every class having their unique special powers and ultimates. The way skills work is similar to Diablo 3 - where you have a list of skills you can pick up (up to 8* - some can use more actually with stances and such) and then like in D3 you can change how each skill works a bit with its own mini talent tree.

Overall the way I felt about is that gameplay is great and free for all respecs at any moment anywhere is a nice touch, but the support systems seem overwhelming, you have so many systems to seemingly grind out and keep track of, that it's going to be offputting for a new player. It really feels like coming back to WoW's final patch of expansion after you were away for a few years - you get slapped with all these zillion confusing systems right off the bat.

If not for that BS, I'd give this game 7/10.

Another issue that will be a huge controversy in the West is P2W. Now sure if you ask LA fans whether it's P2W they will go full bat fanboi copium on your ass about how it's not, how it's just "time saving", blah blah blah and all the usual shit fans say in these games. But lets get this out of the way - you can buy power with $$ and not only that - if you are a hardcore completionist that wants to be "stronkest no.1" - you literally HAVE to pay $$, because F2P players simply can't grind out the ilvl whales can get to.

Now the caveat is that of course biggest and insanest ilvl is not required to beat all the hardest content in the game and F2P players can grind out what's actually required, but $$ sure helps to keep your sanity there too.

So, in the end I'd give it 7/10. It really could have been 8/10 or even bloody 8.5/10, but all these systems and P2W really taint the whole thing.

Project Wingman 7/10 it's a nice Ace Combat clone.

I’m in the middle of ghost of Tsushima. I really like it, but I’m gonna give it 8/10 for the prologue alone. I almost quit because it was so long and it had so many cutscenes. It took me 45 minutes to get to the actual game.

finally got around to playing Hades. it completely ate my brain. can't believe I waited so long to play it especially since its by the same company that made Bastion, one of my all time favorites.

9/10

docking a point, cause I hate lava levels and bow weapon (and I typically LOVE bows in everything, but I hate how it works in this game) and I keep missing fishes in fishing (though that's probably another me problem) . but that's just a personal preference thing

Europa Universalis 4. 8/10.

I love the historical context (even though it quickly becomes ahistorical when playing it through). The game mechanics are very hard to master but satisfying once you get to a decent level, I believe true mastery would take years of playing it. It's a great sandbox strategy game and I've thoroughly enjoyed it even though I've never played any grand strategy before.

Dropped 2 points because the game can get a little laggy towards the end of the timeline when you've discovered the whole world, and the fact that your game can be actively ruined by random happenings that you can't really control (RNGesus is a cruel master from time to time).

The other downside for me is that it's immensely time consuming, I thought WoW was bad, but I find EU4 to be almost as bad a timesink, I'd sunk more hours into EU4 than I did to complete Witcher 3 on New Game + Death March with all the additional content before I really knew how most of the actual mechanics worked... Perhaps that's just grand strategy as a genre though.

Quote Originally Posted by antily View Post
    I’m in the middle of ghost of Tsushima. I really like it, but I’m gonna give it 8/10 for the prologue alone. I almost quit because it was so long and it had so many cutscenes. It took me 45 minutes to get to the actual game.
    Yeah long prolouges is the worst same with red dead 2 makes replaying them a pain in the ass too.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    finally got around to playing Hades. it completely ate my brain. can't believe I waited so long to play it especially since its by the same company that made Bastion, one of my all time favorites.

9/10

docking a point, cause I hate lava levels and bow weapon (and I typically LOVE bows in everything, but I hate how it works in this game) and I keep missing fishes in fishing (though that's probably another me problem) . but that's just a personal preference thing
    If you didn't try the Aspect of Chiron on the bow and you are still playing, I highly recommend it. It turned the bow from my least effective weapon to by far my best and also versatile with Artemis, Demeter, Zeus, or Ares builds.

Most weapons have at least 1 hammer combo that I really love. I agree, it was an amazing game. I'd go 10, but I understand 9. IMO, make sure to beat it the necessary amount of times to get the full narrative, it really pays off.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-11-17 at 03:57 PM.

Tried Witcher 3 again... gods i hate that game with every fiber of my being but i WANT to like it. Setting is good. Don't much like the harem situation but i can ignore it and i don't liek RPGs where i cannot customize my character.
    But the most horrible thing ever are the controls and fighting.... gods why do people hype that up so much?

2/10 at most (for me)

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Tried Witcher 3 again... gods i hate that game with every fiber of my being but i WANT to like it. Setting is good. Don't much like the harem situation but i can ignore it and i don't liek RPGs where i cannot customize my character.
    But the most horrible thing ever are the controls and fighting.... gods why do people hype that up so much?

2/10 at most (for me)
    I can see why people don't like it particularly if you yearn for customisation. There are some options (build etc) but think that's a general problem with games based on pre-existing franchises (you wouldn't want a LOTR game where Aragorn was a Dwarven Bard....).

I think a big part of why the controls were quite weird was because it was a console crossover as well, I feel like had it been 'one-system' completely native then it would have been better in that regard.

I'm one of the people who loved the game, I played it after the other 2 Witcher games...where the controls were *a lot* worse, but they did a lot of scene setting and explained the 'harem' situation in quite a lot of detail as to why things were the way they were. I still enjoyed those games in spite of the controls, because I very much enjoyed the lore and storyline.

I thought the step up in graphics, voice acting, detail, music and yes, even controls/combat gameplay was phenomenal. It also brings the overall story to a nice end, so if you're that way inclined I thought it was excellent.

If we all liked the same stuff the world would be a very boring place

Welcome to Norway doffen.

Become a legendary viking.

That's the mail I got from Ubisoft.

Well I am already in Norway, and a legendary Viking.

Assasins Creed: Valhalla 8/10

Just started it. Love the setting, combat is nice, story is very cool.

I have heard main story is like 90 hours. Is that true?
    Anyway, great game so far.

COD Vanguard on PS5, 9/10. Far more enjoyable than I thought it would have been, better than last modern warfare, which I enjoyed alot more than Cold war aswell.

Myth of Empires [Early Access]

Newly released survival multiplayer.
    Has potential, but the gameplay feels slow/sluggish compared to similar games.
    Also has a host of missing or absent translations.

6/10

Phoenix Point.
    9/10 with the current DLC list.

If it had proper mod support, it would be a 10/10.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post

2/10 at most (for me)
    Have to agree with you. Already tried playing it a couple of times over the years, i cannot put more than a couple of hours in. The controls and the combat are absolutely horrid. Would love to experience the entirety of the game, but cannot, for the life of me, actually go through it.