Deleted
    Witcher 3 - 10/10

hngggggggggg

Arma 2: DayZ Mod - Epoch 8 / 10

Keep coming back to this one for some reason. Still has a solid player base and good number of diverse servers although, some are significantly better than others. It's full of griefers and arseholes and sometimes the Arma engine is just Arma and bugs out and you may lose something but it's addicting for me personally.

Its showing its age now and its not optimised at all (people I know with super high end rigs struggle to run it at 25fps on low settings,) but for an unofficial mod to a full retail game its ace! I expect that once the in development Epoch mod for Arma 3 really takes off then this game will lose more players which is natural I suppose.
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

Deleted
    I just finished the witcher trilogy. The strong point is definitely the story, the world and the characters. And in this, the games really excel - there are almost no games which came out the past few years which come even close. The weak points are combat and gameplay, especially for me - I'm not a fan of action-based combat and prefer a slower, tactical approach in games. That wouldn't really fit the witcher universe, though.

WARNING: Major spoilers ahead.
    Main story and some of the sidequests are some of the best I've experienced in any video game I've ever played. My favourite: Velen and the Bloody Baron storyline. What happens, the way it gets told (I loved those talks between the baron and Geralt) and how you unravel more and more of the story (of Ciri, the Baron and of the swamp), with always something new added to it, sometimes not really expected, is done really well. As for my favorite side quest: Novigrad and the mages.

I also really liked the fact that many actions have consequences, sometimes completely unexpected.
    As for the example of the Bloody Baron: I freed the Evil Spirit to save the kids, but it killed almost everyone in the village in the swamp. The crones then cursed Anna, and tied her life to the curse. She dies when you lift it. The Baron - his wife dead, his daughter gone - then hangs himself, leading to his second in command getting in charge. He tightens the grip on Velen a lot harder and lets his men run free, rampaging and pillaging and raping as they please in Velen.
    Or, as a second example: If you trust the ghost in the rat tower (Keira's quest) and bring her remains to her beloved, she kills him and gets free. Years later (only seen in the journal), she is the cause of almost everyone in a smaller kingdom dying.
    The same is true for the ending of the game: If you cuddle Ciri too much and are completely overprotective (e.g. try to talk and comfort her after Vesemirs death instead of lifting her spirits with a snowball battle, or going with her to talk to the Lodge and not letting her go alone), she dies in the White Frost. This causes Geralt to go after the last surviving Crone, because Vesemir's amulet is the only thing still left to remind him of her. He then kills the Crone, but doesn't want to fight all the monsters coming for him afterwards, and there is no word about him in the ending scenes. So most likely he chose to die, too.
    The same is (to a minor extent) true for the other games and their influences on the last one. E.g. if you save Sile at the end of Witcher 2, you will find her in the prison of Oxenfurt in Witcher 3, tortured so much that she'll ask you to kill her, to end it.

All in all: 9/10 for the trilogy, 10/10 for the last game. And that even though I'm not really a fan of the combat and gameplay.
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2016-02-02 at 08:53 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blade and Soul - 8/10

Pros:
    -Best action combat of any MMO. Plays like an oldschool fighting game where timing and technique actually matter.
    -Great pvp. (PVP is consentual. At no time are you ever forced to flag yourself if you do not want to. Though much of the endgame does focus on PVP.)
    -Art style. Beautiful world environments.
    -Fantastic character creator.
    -Adult appearance and theme that doesnt play out like a disney movie.
    -F2P with nothing but convenience items and cosmetic stuff in the store.
    -Excellent cross-server dungeon finder tool.
    -Some very revealing attire with unique appearances depending on sex/race of the character.
    -Jiggle physics. (Thank you horny Asian software engineers.)

Cons:
    -Due to the importance of counters and evasion for player survival, melee classes are punished for high latency. (Or just being bad.)
    -Being F2P, there will always exist a certain subset of poors who will vomit nonsense about Ncsoft and "Pay 2 win."
    -Cosmetic items from store are NOT account bound. They are forever bound to the character you first use them on.
    -While the game was just release to the west, it is actually a pretty old game, so the engine is not terribly well optimized for current PCs.
    -Token cutesy character race: Lyns
    -Classes have race restrictions (Forcing people to play Lyns even if they rightly think that Lyn are vermin).
    -Generic PVE
    -Only one true raid boss in game at the moment.
    -NA/Eu are years behind the East in terms of content, though Ncsoft has already scheduled the first content patch for the west on the 10th of this month.
    -A lot of people whine about how the game "forces" you to dress like a slut. These people are morons. While character armor can be very revealing, the prudes can still dress like prudes if they want. Its just that nobody ever does.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2016-02-03 at 03:15 PM.

Ocarina of Time Nintendo 64 version (not the 3D one): 9/10

When I first played Zelda Ocarina of Time, I was gobsmacked on how good it was. I was/am an avid Zeldaplayer. I played every version that was launched on anything except the gameboy. I give the game a 9/10 now, but I for sure would've given that game a 10+/10 when I played it the first time.

I was 19 when I played this game the first time. Great overal world. You could ride a mount/Epona! The hookshot was something you worked with as if you played a shooter, same with the boy and slingshot. All amazing. You have to set it in the right time though. The versions before it were not in a 3D world. A Link to the Past was still very much the same like the first Zelda (but better) and OoT felt like Zelda was given a hyperdrive in how the leap felt from the original Zelda's.

When I play it now. I feel the game is still good entertainment. I don't like how the game doesn't remember if I have been there (the characters, even the fucking owl!!!) so it keeps telling me the same stuff. But I still like the game. And since I didn't play it for about 18/18 years, it is hard to remember where everything was. So it almost feels like a whole new experience.
    Graphics are bad now though but that doesn't matter to me if the game is fun.
    I mean I really dislike the graphics of FF7 when I look at it now. But when I was younger I loved it!

I would even go as far as to say that OoT is by far the better game vs Skyward Sword. I enjoyed Skyward Sword but.... let me not go there now.

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft

10/10 best MMORPG ever made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

I'm just getting into CS:GO I'm 3 hours played and would rate it 6/10 as of now. I need more time with it and different maps, my 3 hours where all on Dust.

The last game I put serious work into is Rocket League, would rate it a solid 10/10. Easy to pick up, skill = time invested. Reward structure is great i.e. No pay2win. It's fun to pick up, play a couple matches and quit.

Last game "completed" is Fallout 4 - 7/10, pretty fun for the 100 hours I put into it. The controls on pc are clunky, there wasn't a diverse enough mob list, a few interesting side quests that ended way too abruptly or were bugged and could not be completed.

Murdered Soul Aspect 0.01 /10

Last game finished 2014 Metro last light.

Dirty Bomb

+Great pace
    +Well balanced
    +Great maps and game modes
    (This one is subjective)+Reasonable skill cap.

-Payment model
    -Most characters locked behind paywall or tediously long grind.

8/10 - Really recommend.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Transistor 9.5/10

Love artsy games and this one look beautiful & nice music. I liked the gameplay but it was so short. Took me 4½h but I dont mind short games. Would have liked a little more as the game looked so good.

Ark: survival evolved - 7/10

Fun game, with replay value. The PvP servers seem to punish the casual gamer, as they cannot muster forth enough hours to defend their base, unless they roll with a big tribe.

The only downside is, after being wiped off the server, you don't want to touch the game again.

Life is Strange - 8/10

Episodes 1 - 4 easily 10/10 but I docked 2 points for the final episode being annoying. I found it incredibly frustrating trying to sneak around in that dark area avoiding the people with torches while I can't see where the hell i'm going. Other than that annoying bit I found the game incredibly entertaining and will definitely be going back again to pick some of the other options to see how it plays out when I do things differently!

Steins;Gate- 9/10

Flat out the best time travel story I have ever experienced. Puts a story like Life is Strange to shame. Would be 9.5-9.8/10 if not for some terrible early game pacing that was at times brutal to get through.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Steins;Gate- 9/10

Flat out the best time travel story I have ever experienced. Puts a story like Life is Strange to shame. Would be 9.5-9.8/10 if not for some terrible early game pacing that was at times brutal to get through.
    Funny how we all like different things. I tried steins gate and I hated it. But I don't think I got past that brutal pacing. It started off really well but then took a dive where nothing was happening.... 6hrs in and all they'd done was turn a few bananas to mush. Nearly put a hole in the floor with the phone wave and sent a couple of messages back in time and were generally confused by why it was happening with no real idea. I suspect it would have gotten better later but I was finding the early part a total chore. Steins gate I'd give 0/10. Not at all my cup of tea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Steins;Gate- 9/10

They made a Steins;Gate game? Huh. Watched the anime, and its definitely one of the better animes out there for sure, so it makes sense that the story would translate well.

XCOM 2 - 9/10

Haven't beaten it yet, but considering how its going and how I felt about Enemy Unknown its pretty obvious that I am going to like this. Honestly tactical RPGs are an easy win for me, because I enjoy them so much. Got to be honest though I really fucking hate the Doom timer. I get that it's supposed to create tension or whatever but as someone who likes to squeeze every bit out of a game it annoys the shit out of me. Also, it's vague as hell because there is no scale so I have no idea if I need to hurry up or if I still have plenty of time.
    Last edited by Poppincaps; 2016-02-08 at 07:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rocket League - 7/10

Lots of fun and crazy outplay potential if you put in the time to master the physics of the game but even if you don't its just a fun game to pick up, play a few 5 minute matches and leave satisfied. Wish there was more car customization options but there's a sweet selection. Also cross platform multiplayer is amazing for match making so you're never waiting a long time.

Some cons but this could just be me, no matter how much I adjusted the PC controls it just didn't feel "natural" until I used a controller instead. To me it feels like a game designed with consoles in mind first, which isn't a terrible thing but the PC controls just feel awkward to me.
    Last edited by Dug; 2016-02-08 at 07:17 AM.

Heroes of the storm- 0/10

Actually fealt like a book on tape of dota

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    They made a Steins;Gate game? Huh. Watched the anime, and its definitely one of the better animes out there for sure, so it makes sense that the story would translate well.
    The anime is based off the game not the other way around, the game originally released in Japan as an Xbox 360 exclusive in 2009 and had a PC port localized finally in 2014, and PS3/Vita ports localized in 2015.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    Funny how we all like different things. I tried steins gate and I hated it. But I don't think I got past that brutal pacing. It started off really well but then took a dive where nothing was happening.... 6hrs in and all they'd done was turn a few bananas to mush. Nearly put a hole in the floor with the phone wave and sent a couple of messages back in time and were generally confused by why it was happening with no real idea. I suspect it would have gotten better later but I was finding the early part a total chore. Steins gate I'd give 0/10. Not at all my cup of tea.
    The beginning of the game(everything before chapter 5) is an absolute chore, everything else is absolutely amazing and you realize how essential the chore of the early game actually was for creating a cohesive story.

Deleted
    World of Warcraft

10/10

Best game ever created (matched maybe only by Diablo 2)

Steins;Gate- 9/10

Yes. All my yes.

But I'd give it a 9.5/10

EXTREMELY slow start though, and I'm still not sure whether to say "I beat Steins;gate" or "I read Steins;gate", but either way, I ain't even mad. Everything was great, and even if I didn't understand the voice actors (Japanese is the only choice for audio as far as I could find), you could still hear the emotion in their voices.