Gundam Battle Operations 2 - 6/10

Good combat with a large selection of mechs and weapons and the only decently good gundam mech game around.

Designed by people who don't know how to do Shooters on top of really bad netcoding/

New World - 5/10

This may be a higher score if you are heavily into PVP, but for me, this game is mediocre at best. The questing and combat is ultra repetitive, to the point that for the first half of the game, you basically only fight 3 or 4 different enemy types. There are no memorable characters, quests, stories or activities. You just kind of... do stuff.

Crafting is a big part of the game and is pretty unavoidable. If you don't like crafting, don't play. The crafting system isn't bad though, it's just... a lot. You are constantly on the lookout for resources and making decisions about what to grab, as inventory management is also a big part of the game.

The game itself ultimately feels more like a chore than a game. You are paying taxes on stuff you craft and when trading. You can't actually buy any supplies from NPCs so the whole economy is player driven. Cool, in theory, but it makes the experience very dependent on which faction owns which town and where you currently are on the map. Since travel is a nightmare (there are no mounts and fast travel exists but is expensive) you do a lot of walking. Hilariously, despite the fact that you play as a shipwrecked sailor, players cannot swim. Instead should you go in the water, you will walk along the bottom until you (quickly) drown.

This game feels incredibly unfinished and the design seems to be that the players are supposed to drive the content. If you love PVP,, crafting and doing things very slowly, this may be the game for you. For me, there was some initial good times as I first started in the game world, but it quickly went away when it became apparent that what you see at the start of the game is pretty much all you're going to get.

Smash Bros Ultimate - 10/10

I just like it. A lot.
    Played every iteration since N64 for longer than 300h each.
    But Ultimate? Oh my, best entry in the best fighting game series there ever was, is, and will be
    Last edited by Ikza; 2021-10-22 at 12:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Metroid Dread - Obviously, it’s technically better in every way that Super Metroid, but, I don’t know, it’s doesn’t quite have the charm of the old one, probably nostalgia talking. Still, very good, 8.5/10.

Hades - 3/10. Button mashing boredom. Played for an hour, got bored, seems like a game that could’ve been good had it come out 15 years ago. Deleted it off my Series X, glad I didn’t pay for it, I don’t get the hype at all.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2021-10-23 at 10:43 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

NieR Replicant 1.22474487139

Had high anticipation for this after Automata, I didn't play the 2010 version, and, it did not let me down.

What a game! Such an incredible story. Its clear to me that action rpgs are my genre, and NieR delivers again. I heard that the combat was slow in the original one, but in the 1.22etc version it felt very nice. Played nicely with a controller and it felt smooth to play. Visually amazing, but one downside with Series S is that it plays at 792 for some reason.

The true hero of this game however is the story and the characters. The story and the character arcs are truly amazing. Nier is such a nice proteganist. He is the kind young man, but he is so much more. Kainé, as nice as she looks, has a fierce temper, and I love it. She is voiced by the one doing Jaina(Bailey) in WoW and to hear that voice swearing and cursing is amazing to listen to. Her interaction with Weissy made me laugh over and over.

What Replicant and Automata share that made me love these two games so much other than the story and combat, is the music. It has become my favorite soundtrack within video games. I loved this game long before I played it because of this. Doing the last boss with his theme is one of my favorite moments in gaming. Such a good feeling!

Okay, this got a bit longer than I intended on, but I could have written more. A lot more. My feelings for this game and Automata are nothing like I experienced in any games before. The incredible story about the essence in humanity might be the reason, but more likely its because these games are fucking great. And that is putting it mildly, as Kainé would have thought.

Shout out to Emil and Weissy.

10/10

Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes 6/10.
    Fun game if you like cinematic, choose your own adventure style games. There wasn’t too many QTEs with multiple button presses to annoy me. The story was overall fun and interesting, but (no spoilers) there is a plot point towards the last act that I can see making the game a deal breaker for some people and ruining the experience. As it was, I didn’t mind it and had fun playing. It wasn’t as scary as I’d like, but since it focuses on main characters in the military it’s a tricky atmosphere to get right.
    Some people also might not like the price of $30 usd since it can be completed in about 6 hours, so if you don’t like the price I’d recommend to wait for a deal or a used copy.
    Overall though, I had fun with it and it was a pretty fun late night game, especially for being near Halloween.

Pillars of Eternity 5/10.

With Pathfinder 2 going around I wanted to play a CRPG again, but instead of buying a new one I decided to go for the one I already had in my backlog for years.
    Unfortunatly I have to say: I am so bored. I really don't mind reading. I like CRPGs and they all depend heavily on reading. But this one is going too far. It is one exposition dump after the other. The balance is way off. You spend about 1 hour reading for a quest that ends up with 5 minutes walking and 1 minute combat.
    There is good writing, the world is actually quite interesting. But the game just dumps everything on you no matter how insignificant it is. And this flood of unnecessary information just drowns out the stuff you should actually know for the plot. Combat is mostly fine, balancing is a little off after lvl 8-9 it kinda breaks and you get too powerful.

Pros:
    The maps look nice, the companions are written well if you actually bother to read their stories. The stat system is actually better than standard D&D because you can't really ruin your character right from the start by not maxing out a stat.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Terraria: 9/10

Terraria is a very solid 2D action-adventure/builder/sandbox game. I've put hundreds of hours into this game and can imagine myself still playing it for years to come.

Metroid Dread: 9.5/10

Not perfect but damn near it.

Inscryption 6/10

I bought it because of the hype and i like deck battlers. The gameplay is quite nice, the card game could be a real game, they have 4 different deck styles with different energy management and abilities, all that stuff.
    The game changes a few times, some people didn't like that but i didn't mind (although i'm really not a fan of those 8-bit retro graphics).
    What was disappointing for me was the story, it goes nowhere and the ending was really disappointing.
    I know there is some complicated ARG going on right now, i read what they found out but still i think if they do such a storybased game they should have a satisfying ending in the game itself. They can do some additional stuff in their ARGs but people that are not into that should get a complete game.
    Well, at least it was quite cheap and provided 10 hours of gameplay so it's ok.

Back 4 Blood is an unfinished 4/10. Left 4 Dead 2 brutally moggs on it in every single way. The characters are forgettable. Its one campaign that recycles locations multiple times. The specials are weak but spammed in every 10-20 seconds with different types using the same slightly tweaked model. Its use of sound and lighting is dogshit compared to L4D2. Its extremely buggy and unbalanced and for some reasons adds a card deck system purely to make you grind something out and has a season pass in 2021 along with a suspiciously small and bland cosmetic system i am expecting to be full of microtransactions.

After a week or two of playing it with friends i would rather legitimately choose to play Anthem with them instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    NieR Replicant 1.22474487139

Had high anticipation for this after Automata, I didn't play the 2010 version, and, it did not let me down.

What a game! Such an incredible story. Its clear to me that action rpgs are my genre, and NieR delivers again. I heard that the combat was slow in the original one, but in the 1.22etc version it felt very nice. Played nicely with a controller and it felt smooth to play. Visually amazing, but one downside with Series S is that it plays at 792 for some reason.

The true hero of this game however is the story and the characters. The story and the character arcs are truly amazing. Nier is such a nice proteganist. He is the kind young man, but he is so much more. Kainé, as nice as she looks, has a fierce temper, and I love it. She is voiced by the one doing Jaina(Bailey) in WoW and to hear that voice swearing and cursing is amazing to listen to. Her interaction with Weissy made me laugh over and over.

What Replicant and Automata share that made me love these two games so much other than the story and combat, is the music. It has become my favorite soundtrack within video games. I loved this game long before I played it because of this. Doing the last boss with his theme is one of my favorite moments in gaming. Such a good feeling!

Okay, this got a bit longer than I intended on, but I could have written more. A lot more. My feelings for this game and Automata are nothing like I experienced in any games before. The incredible story about the essence in humanity might be the reason, but more likely its because these games are fucking great. And that is putting it mildly, as Kainé would have thought.

Shout out to Emil and Weissy.

10/10
    If you loved those the creator and composer have put out a new game that comes out tonight called Voice of Cards: the Isle Dragon Roars. its a turn based rpg with art using tarot cards like sprites emulating a tabletop rpg evening but its the okabe music and taro writing so should be a good time.

Fell Seal - Arbiter's Mark 7.5/10

Solid turn-based RPG. I really enjoy it for now, after around 10 hours. I guess the most defining part of the game is the leveling system / class design. There are a LOT of classes, and each character can have a main class and a secondary class. Every character can learn every class, with the exception of some related to your story / main characters. While you have to use the passive abilities from your main class, you can use up to 2 passives from any other class you've unlocked, if you leveled it high enough to learn them. This enables a huge amount of customization for all your characters - with all the good and bad stuff coming with it. It's a lot of fun, but also imbalanced, as due to the large amount of abilities and passives there are some OP combinations. Just one example is a combination of passives from two classes, a melee and a caster. One enables a free turn when killing someone, the other a guaranteed crit when killing someone.

I'll not go into detail on the positives, the game has been received quite well and one can check that up there. The largest negative, imo, is however character and inventory management. The UI is really bad, and it's difficult to keep a good overview of all characters and their inventory. Takes some time to always go through your characters, see if they can learn or equip new useful skills, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    If you loved those the creator and composer have put out a new game that comes out tonight called Voice of Cards: the Isle Dragon Roars. its a turn based rpg with art using tarot cards like sprites emulating a tabletop rpg evening but its the okabe music and taro writing so should be a good time.
    Late response, sorry. Did briefly read about it when I searched for upcoming games some weeks back, but didn't realize it was coming like 40 hours ago.

Thanks for the tip. The little I heard from the music so far it do sound very nice. Not really a card player, heh, but when a story and the music/atmosphere is nice, it should be a good time indeed

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - 8/10

How do you make a Kojima game actually fun to play? Hand over the actual gameplay to someone else and make the writing in ârts so over the top it becomes a parody, apparently. This be a fun, action-packed romp with a killer soundtrack, satisfying combat and awesome boss fights. The final boss in particular is completely ridiculous and one of my favorite bosses of all time. It's short, the level design is mediocre at best and only the characters look decent these days while the environments are ugly as sin, but it still does a lot more right than wrong.

PS: on PC don't even trying playing it with M&KB. It's controller or bust for this one.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Tormented souls 8/10, havent finished it yet and its really great so far

Guardians of the Galaxy: 9,5 / 10.

My favourite game this year. The gameplay is nothing special, but the characters and environments more than make up for it. It must have been a huge amount of work to keep the Guardians constantly talking with each other.

It's just fun to play.

Forza Horizon 5: 9/10

Just awesome fun. Long time since I have had so fun in a racing game which is far from my favorite genre. Visually awesome, even on the little brother Series S. Mexico being the location is really cool, nice variety, great atmosphere and I dig the music.

Only had a minor issue with the connection so far, but it's not that bad, and it is getting fixed I've read from mail in game. I did read that some PC players have had some difficulty with it even starting up though.

Playing it through Game Pass, but I'll buy it eventually for the collection.

Easy 9/10.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Horizon: Zero Dawn. 10/10

I think this might be the first time I have rated a game that high. Everything was astounding. The story, the graphics, the gameplay, the side quests... Was all absolutely superb. The managed to make a game where giving a female the lead role, and being inclusive with a lot of diversity felt natural and not at all preachy. For me, all the characters were so exceptionally likeable.

And... the story? I had absolutely no idea that was coming. I won't give any spoilers for those who have yet to play it, but the story was very deep and immense and felt satisfying.

Really looking forward to Forbidden West a LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Horizon: Zero Dawn. 10/10

I think this might be the first time I have rated a game that high. Everything was astounding. The story, the graphics, the gameplay, the side quests... Was all absolutely superb. The managed to make a game where giving a female the lead role, and being inclusive with a lot of diversity felt natural and not at all preachy. For me, all the characters were so exceptionally likeable.

And... the story? I had absolutely no idea that was coming. I won't give any spoilers for those who have yet to play it, but the story was very deep and immense and felt satisfying.

Really looking forward to Forbidden West a LOT.
    Horizon Zero Dawn is a masterpiece. Can't wait for Forbidden West! Getting the Collector's edition on that, I don't buy that a lot, but with this, worth it! It's also my main reason to get a PS5. I didn't even play Horizon before it came on PC, and it looks so incredible there. Just to think how Forbidden West will look on PS5, awesome!

The story and gameplay in Zero Dawn was really satisfying as you say, especially the story! To go further in the story and unveil more of the past... So memorable. It's one of my all time favorite games, top 5. My favorite part of the game was the expansion, The Frozen Wilds. You got so much extra info from the past there, and fighting in the snow during the day is just a beautiful sight(during night too!). It was the game that made me realize how nice it is to take picture from games. It looked so nice!

Not long left now

Last edited by Doffen; 2021-11-10 at 11:21 PM.