Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    That's true. It's all about balancing factors.
    I'd argue that it started in cata. Cata was...*gag*... was... *gag*.... atrocious under that aspect. Goblin starter zone was... I don't have word to describe it.
    Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had all but completely forgotten about the Goblin starting zone. I cried for Horde - that starting area was everything wrong with gnomes x10.

It did definitely start in Cataclysm. I guess in a way I disregarded & tolerated most of it imagining those kinds overzealous developments would remain obscure learning experiences rather than become the norm. But then, a lot people liked Uldum too. Maybe that was the dissapointment with MoP - people were hoping for moderation from Cata and got Super Cata V2++.

I can't stand those stupid water elementals or whatever like that boss in ToES. It's like they were trying WAY WAY WAY too hard to be cute and have them act like some anime bs characters and it's just so annoying. I relate them to that stupid ghost in the Harry Potter movies(I say movies because in the books you wouldn't imagine her like that). Her voice was just annoying and her whole demeanor was stupid.

If Pandaren were just a race added with a few zones sure. The fact that almost every zone involved them made them just bleh and helped push people into hating the kung fu panda nature of them. Even the whole thing with Ji in SoO seems like some stupid anime rip off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    The Kung Fu panda trailer probably had a lot to do with it, that was just ridiculous. On top of that, we had a retarded poop flinging monkey blooper species as the new Horde friendly race. My Warlock and Death Knight (evil classes, characters who have slaughtered no telling how many thousands of players and mobs) had to sit and have tea with a Monk preaching about peace. Then there was the Valley of the Four Winds, the entire zone was pathetic; why is my evil warlord of a character baby sitting and farming? And even the faction war, the one thing I was looking forward to, devolved into a coop (which the player has no choice but to partake in, Horde loyalist or not) working together against the one person actually promoting war between the factions in Warcraft. Why am I fighting alongside the Alliance against my leader, whom I happen to like? The Sha were okay, but beyond that Pandaria lore was boring and uninspiring. Especially when compared to the likes of the Burning Legion or the Scourge. Then there were the Pokemon pet battles, which while I personally have no problem with them (no interest either, but no problem) they did nothing to help the expansion seem more adult.
    Exactly. Although wow never let you choose, mop was way too guided. Mind you, cata was too, but in mop you do things like, working WITH anduin (?!) with my mossflyier forest troll unholy ex voodoo cannibal death knight troll, which would have simply eaten it alive in the spot. And that happens a few times also. Ridiculous.

Thing is, and what really bothered most than everything else, is this.... disgusting... shallow.... revolting background moral lesson that *panda wise voice* "fighting is wroooong"...

Fuck you I've been slaying innocent alliance civilians since Warcraft 1, and a panda comes to me telling me I am "doing it wrooooong"....

No. Actually, what bothered me the most was stormstout brewery. Whoever is responsible for this should be fired and hanged by the balls from the highest tree in ashenvale.

I feel it was childish because it had undead.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...3#post23537133
    New season. Fun times.

" Who would of thought a small kid from Aberdeen, Washington, who was always labelled a B+ player, who would of thought that guy could of main evented Wrestlemania? Nobody. Nobody except ...you guys."

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was not childish.

Deleted
    The race is fun as a joke like its introduction in WC3, but for WoW? Will never get over it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the truth is the majority of you dont give a shit about this game or its stories, you lap up the steaming pile of retcons and ruined characters that is bc because you are ignorant of those characters.

you didnt care about illidan, you didnt care about kael'thas. you stood idly by and lapped up all that horrible writing and character development because you were ignorant. you didnt care about arthas, you just thought he was "cool" and you probably didnt even know who deathwing was or why he shouldve been an amazing character.

and you will do the same for this expansion. you dont care that time travel is fucking retarded and it makes no sense that we wouldnt just close off the timeline, you just run off rule of "cool" and are excited because BC WAZ TEH BES.

not only that but despite not caring for the actual lore or its rules you have the audacity to try to argue what should or shouldnt be a part of the game, you blatantly ignore the mistakes of the past so that you can further criticize the present.

you are all ignorant and your blatant uncaring for the games lore is sickening
    Whoa... I think you might be taking all of this too seriously. It's a game broseph...

Oh and yeah, pokemon is kinda childish.

the truth is the majority of you dont give a shit about this game or its stories, you lap up the steaming pile of retcons and ruined characters that is bc because you are ignorant of those characters.

you didnt care about illidan, you didnt care about kael'thas. you stood idly by and lapped up all that horrible writing and character development because you were ignorant. you didnt care about arthas, you just thought he was "cool" and you probably didnt even know who deathwing was or why he shouldve been an amazing character.

and you will do the same for this expansion. you dont care that time travel is fucking retarded and it makes no sense that we wouldnt just close off the timeline, you just run off rule of "cool" and are excited because BC WAZ TEH BES.

not only that but despite not caring for the actual lore or its rules you have the audacity to try to argue what should or shouldnt be a part of the game, you blatantly ignore the mistakes of the past so that you can further criticize the present.

Illidan and DW were not even that great in WC so it's people who claim that who are delusional. Illidan and DW got the treatment they should have when looking at the old games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Konker View Post
    Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had all but completely forgotten about the Goblin starting zone. I cried for Horde - that starting area was everything wrong with gnomes x10.

It did definitely start in Cataclysm. I guess in a way I disregarded & tolerated most of it imagining those kinds overzealous developments would remain obscure learning experiences rather than become the norm. But then, a lot people liked Uldum too. Maybe that was the dissapointment with MoP - people were hoping for moderation from Cata and got Super Cata V2++.
    I repeat. Since w2 in bleeding 1998 or whenever that was I loved goblin sappers. They are a unit in w2 which is basically a small squad of evil goblin that would basically suicide bomb themselves on something.
    When in control of the game I would create dozen of them and send them altogether.
    I loved goblin sappers. Don't ask me why but I loved them. Complete chaos and mayhem.
    When I heard of wow, rogues and engineering I thought of goblin sappers. I've chosen the closest thing. A troll.
    Troll, rogue, goblin engineer. Years later I heard they were goin to introduce goblin. I was overwhelmed with joy. Tears in my eyes. Could sleep at night. Cried all day and all ni... Ok that's too much but I WAS happy indeed my in game dream was to be realised.

Then, when cata came I.... I... *shivers* I started a goblin rogue *stops for a second to catch breath, visibly stressed*
    What... What I have seen in the starter zone, and the subsequent island was... A lot. But my desire for them was strong, and I valiantly kept at it.
    When out of the starting zone I sighed in relief. Only to despair through azshara. But it's ok, I thought. I should carry on, I said.

And then it happened.

Then I got "stealth".

*starts sobbing*

Watched them walking that funny walk.... I.... I couldn't cope with it.

It took about 20 seconds for me to get back to reality.
    I spit on the screen (true, I'm a passionate man, done much worst for much less), cursed to years of diharrea whoever responsible, then deleted that rogue goblin engineer shouting curses, all under the puzzled eyes of my beloved wife.

The bombing saboteur stays troll.
    Last edited by mmocea043e1e13; 2013-11-12 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I repeat. Since w2 in bleeding 1998 or whenever that was I loved goblin sappers. They are a unit in w2 which is basically a small squad of evil goblin that would beast ally suicide bomb themselves on something.
    When in control of the game I would create dozen of them and send them altogether.
    I lied goblin sappers.
    When I heard of wow, rogues and engineering I thought of goblin sappers. I've chosen the closest thing. A troll.
    Troll, rogue, goblin engineer. Years later I heard they were goin to introduce goblin. I was overwhelmed with joy. Years in my eyes. Could sleep at night. Cried all day and all ni... Ok that's too much but I WAS happy indeed my in game dream was to be realised.

Then, when cata came I.... I... *shivers* I started a goblin rogue *stops for a second to catch breath, visibly stressed*
    What... What I have seen in the starter zone, and the subsequent island was... A lot. But my desire for them was strong, and I valiantly kept at it.
    When out of the starting zone I sighed in relief. Only to despair through azshara. But it's ok, I thought. I should carry on, I said.

And then it happened.

Then I got "stealth".

*starts sobbing*

Watched them walking that funny walk.... I.... I couldn't cope with it.

It took about 20 seconds for me to get back to reality.
    I spit on the screen (true, I'm a passionate man, done much worst for much less), cursed to years of diharrea whoever responsible, then deleted that rogue goblin engineer.

The bombing saboteur stays rogue.
    Hahahah lol, that was...gripping.

I think MOP is childish because of the Theramore Genocide committed By Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    I think MOP is childish because of the Theramore Genocide committed By Garrosh.
    Its only genocide if you are targeting specific race.

Garrosh was killing different species, big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Its only genocide if you are targeting specific race.

Garrosh was killing different species, big difference.
    I'm sorry, I'm not an expert in mass murder lingo.

I'm sorry, I'm not an expert in mass murder lingo.
    You are missing on a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You are missing on a lot of fun.
    Must be because I'm too mature for this kiddies stuff. Gotdamint Im so edgy 3edgy5me.

Lots of people disliked MoP, this is a fact that the people who enjoyed MoP find difficult to accept. I still play myself, but no, I don't enjoy Pandaria, I don't like the Pandas and I dislike the look and feel of the zones.

It's ok to say that relating Pandas in WoW to Kung Fu Panda is something people do to troll the game, I don't believe this is the case however. Sure the Pandaren race weas introduced back in WC3, as I recall though, they were just a race of Pandas wearing oriental looking gear. In WoW, however, they are fat, comedy panda characters who are entirely remeniscent of Kung Fu panda. Hell, try typing /sleep on a male Panda? Tell me that's not Kung Fu panda-esque!

It's clear that, while Blizzard came up with the race way back when, the modern version is inspired, at least to an extent by Dreamworks movies. They, im mu humble opinion, stick out like a sore thumb in WoW. Sure, there are the Tauren, who, in fairness, look rather mean and fierce and do not have comedy animations bar the dance (which all classes have), it's just not the same.

The problem I have with the expansion isn't the end game etc, it's that I find it bizarre to be in warsong Gulch on my Undead or Orc characters, preparing to fight the Alliance scum along with a ragtag bunch of Tauren, Trolls and, sure, the odd Elf, oh...and a fat comedy panda jiggling around shouting "For the Horde" It's just wierd and ruins all immersion there may have been. It's fine to try to make the expansion serious with the war stuff etc, but with comedic characters running around all over the place, it doesn't work as well and, if anything, feels like something tacked on in order to overcompensate.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeven1301 View Post
    Lots of people disliked MoP, this is a fact that the people who enjoyed MoP find difficult to accept. I still play myself, but no, I don't enjoy Pandaria, I don't like the Pandas and I dislike the look and feel of the zones.

It's ok to say that relating Pandas in WoW to Kung Fu Panda is something people do to troll the game, I don't believe this is the case however. Sure the Pandaren race weas introduced back in WC3, as I recall though, they were just a race of Pandas wearing oriental looking gear. In WoW, however, they are fat, comedy panda characters who are entirely remeniscent of Kung Fu panda. Hell, try typing /sleep on a male Panda? Tell me that's not Kung Fu panda-esque!

It's clear that, while Blizzard came up with the race way back when, the modern version is inspired, at least to an extent by Dreamworks movies. They, im mu humble opinion, stick out like a sore thumb in WoW. Sure, there are the Tauren, who, in fairness, look rather mean and fierce and do not have comedy animations bar the dance (which all classes have), it's just not the same.

The problem I have with the expansion isn't the end game etc, it's that I find it bizarre to be in warsong Gulch on my Undead or Orc characters, preparing to fight the Alliance scum along with a ragtag bunch of Tauren, Trolls and, sure, the odd Elf, oh...and a fat comedy panda jiggling around shouting "For the Horde" It's just wierd and ruins all immersion there may have been. It's fine to try to make the expansion serious with the war stuff etc, but with comedic characters running around all over the place, it doesn't work as well and, if anything, feels like something tacked on in order to overcompensate.
    Are you complaining that Pandaren look like panda and that's bad? Or are you saying East Asian theme is bad?

Deleted

Mate, I've read up on most of the lore, your opinion is valid if you don't like the writing but JHC on a bike do you really think most people aren't that involved with the story? If you feel so badly about the lore then feel free to unsub, it's not Blizzard's place to make what you want in the game a reality if they feel it doesn't comply with their standards. Horrible writing and character development on Arthas? What have you been smoking? Have you even played WoTLK or read the novels by Christie Golden?

Deleted
    Are you complaining that Pandaren look like panda and that's bad? Or are you saying East Asian theme is bad?
    He was pretty explainative in his description.
    He is complaining that pandaren look like jolly bowls of jelly, woth idiotic smiles, which somehow clashes with the other fierce, strong, creepy playable races in game.

Fact is pandaren should have been more feral. Stronger, bigger, ferocious. Instead we got an exact copy of joe black.
    Ah well.

Er, no, I'm saying that the Panda's shouldn't really have been included at all, but the fact that they included them, made them fat, comedy characters which didn't fit in with the rest of the game and were unable to appear serious in any way, despite attempts later on to make them seem so, and put them into a new zone which was painfully bright and cartoony, made it all the worse.