Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Already found a huge hole in the timeline crap Blizz is chucking at us.

I want to pose a question:

If Garrosh going back in time makes an ALTERNATE timeline that has NO EFFECT on our current present time line then I ask this....

Why the fuck did we ever bother helping the Bronze Dragonflight stop the twilight flight from doing things in the caverns of time instances all the way back in BC?

Every xpac has had some dungeons where we had to do things in the past so that the present wouldnt be altered. Such as stop Medihv from being unable to open the dark portal, Saving Thrall from being killed, Helping in the the culling of Strat, the entire fucking Hyjal Raid in BC... etc etc etc..

Why even fucking bother if it just creates an alternate timeline that has no effect on our own. Seems like a lot of time wasted and lives wasted to even bother stopping the twilight dragonflight in the past if it had no effect on our present. Also makes the twilight dragonflight look like complete jackasses for even bothering in the first place doing any of that shit because it would have no effect on our current timeline anyway.

Blizzard fucking fails so hard.

Bronze Dragonflight lost their powers at end of cata, so they cant fix it anymore like they were charged to do, meaning other people can now go fuck up the timeline, without being able to be fixed.

well that about sums up this thread.

ice cream party?
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

The easiest way to explain it would be to say that those situations actually were in "our" past and would have affected the present/future... while this particular situation involves Garrosh going to a divergent timeline (somehow).

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnok View Post

If Garrosh going back in time makes an ALTERNATE timeline that has NO EFFECT on our current present time line then I ask this....

Why the fuck did we ever bother helping the Bronze Dragonflight stop the twilight flight from doing things in the caverns of time instances all the way back in BC?

Every xpac has had some dungeons where we had to do things in the past so that the present wouldnt be altered. Such as stop Medihv from being unable to open the dark portal, Saving Thrall from being killed, Helping in the the culling of Strat, the entire fucking Hyjal Raid in BC... etc etc etc..

Why even fucking bother if it just creates an alternate timeline that has no effect on our own. Seems like a lot of time wasted and lives wasted to even bother stopping the twilight dragonflight in the past if it had no effect on our present. Also makes the twilight dragonflight look like complete jackasses for even bothering in the first place doing any of that shit because it would have no effect on our current timeline anyway.

Maybe because its just a VIDEO GAME!!!

because Garrosh want to bring the iron horde to our timeline

If you dont like it, dont play it. I agree with the post above tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dymonic View Post
    Fighting against a warlock is about being under a constant barrage of smaller spells that chip away at your health. During the fight you would constantly be trying to do enough damage to the warlock to kill him before his spells build to critical mass, killing you. Warlocks prefer a very blatant display of their power. Walking around with their minions, or having their spells scorch the very earth they are battling upon

I imagine there's more than one method of time travel
    The Infinite Dragonflight wanted to change our past, to forward their own agenda.
    Garrosh doesn't want to change our past because most likely he'd erase himself from time, so he used some form of magic that has yet to be explained (it will depend on his mysterious Friend) to create a splinter timeline instead of travelling back into our past.

the anger is strong with this one.

Can people just get over the time travel already? The expansion is NOT about time travel, it's about Draenor. Time travel is just a tool. Time travel isn't real, stop arguing over how it works.

The multitude of 'wtf......', attempts at logic and now countless PowerPoint slide presentations about what is happening should make it pretty clear that alternate dimension/time travel is a mess and a bad plot device. Blizzard tried to shush everyone by saying "its just about the story!" but clearly your brain is going to try to make sense of something that simply makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooshelle View Post
    Maybe because its just a VIDEO GAME!!!
    Video game? wtf are you talking about?

Well we always stopped the twilight flight from altering the past. At that time, we had no idea that it would create an alternate time line because they never succeeded.

Now however, garrosh did. This is how i see it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Editos View Post
    because Garrosh want to bring the iron horde to our timeline
    I understand trying to stop Garrosh from being his iron horde here... but I dont understand why we did all those other instances in the past if they wouldnt effect our timeline anyway.

Garrosh isn't trying to change the past. He wants an army and what better army would there be than the people he grew up looking up to. The original Horde. He goes and creates another timeline and you know the rest.

p.s - Bronze Dragonflight is powerless remember? Otherwise we'd probably end up just time travelling and snatching up Garrosh and none of this would of happened.

I understand trying to stop Garrosh from being his iron horde here... but I dont understand why we did all those other instances in the past if they wouldnt effect our timeline anyway.
    Because the Infinite Dragonflight went into our past.

Garrosh went into a different timeline altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by potaco View Post
    The easiest way to explain it would be to say that those situations actually were in "our" past and would have affected the present/future... while this particular situation involves Garrosh going to a divergent timeline (somehow).
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I imagine there's more than one method of time travel
    The Infinite Dragonflight wanted to change our past, to forward their own agenda.
    Garrosh doesn't want to change our past because most likely he'd erase himself from time, so he used some form of magic that has yet to be explained (it will depend on his mysterious Friend) to create a splinter timeline instead of travelling back into our past.
    This pretty much.

I think it's because that's how our timeline was supposed to be then the Infinite Dragonflight went to fuck with it and we had to go stop them so our timeline wouldn't change.

In the end timeline shenanigans = Head explosion.

Garrosh can't alter our time line but the Infinite Dragonflight can because they were imbued with time power. Solved.

Because those other instances were OUR timeline. Garrosh is not the Infinite Flight. The Infinite Flight went back to OUR timeline and were intentionally trying to affect OUR timeline. Garrosh went to a DIFFERENT timeline. It's not that difficult to understand.

Here's an analogy: A manager at a bank decides to mess with their bank records so he can steal some money. This affects the current situation at the bank. A robber goes to ANOTHER bank and robs them. That has no effect on the bank in the first example. Understand?
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-11-11 at 05:58 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu