Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Can you be a clicker and be good at LoL?

My gf is starting League of Legends and I am trying to get her into it. The only problem is, shes a clicker. I tried to explain to her that she wont be able to do a darn thing if she tries to click to attack And click to move. She doesn't believe me. So I am coming here for a bit of evidence to back up what I am saying. Is it even possible to be a clicker (clicking attacks while needing to click to move) yet actually get kills on your own?

D-do you mean she clicks on her champion's abilities instead of using QWER? I can't see that working very well.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. You simply are unable to react quickly enough to things.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    My gf is starting League of Legends and I am trying to get her into it. The only problem is, shes a clicker. I tried to explain to her that she wont be able to do a darn thing if she tries to click to attack And click to move. She doesn't believe me. So I am coming here for a bit of evidence to back up what I am saying. Is it even possible to be a clicker (clicking attacks while needing to click to move) yet actually get kills on your own?
    not at all. Learn the keys its only like 6 O.O

No, if you click in a MOBA then you lose. The time it will take to do so will get you killed for sure because of how fast paced MOBAs are. Clicking in WoW is bad, clicking in a MOBA is basically a waste of a hero slot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it even possible to click the abilities in LoL? Tell her it actually takes more effort to click something, drag it onto the screen and aim it properly and hit something than by simply pressing Q,W,E or shift-Q,W,E.

And no, I really doubt it's possible to be good at LoL if you click all of your abilities. It's basically a fact that keybinding is better than clicking in general.

no im pretty sure the beginner bots would wreck the crap outa ya even. let alone other people.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    D-do you mean she clicks on her champion's abilities instead of using QWER? I can't see that working very well.
    then again it's LOL, doesn't take THAT much.

On a serious note though any player vs player games (imo) you can't do well as a clicker as soon as you meet someone barely decent at the game, imagine if you played Call of Duty or Battle Field and you "clicked" to jump, crouch, strafe right/left and everything else. Clicking is SLOWER because you're limiting your efficiency by a lot, try writing on your keyboard using only 1 finger... it's basically the same thing.

So no, imo a clicker can never be competitive against a non-clicker. Isn't possible, simple as that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    No. You simply are unable to react quickly enough to things.
    Exactly, the main thing in any player vs player games is the ability to react and use abilities/etc in time. If you're slower you just die.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

This is not WoW where you can probably get away with healing or tanking normals by clicking your action bars. You will be at a significant disadvantage trying to click your abilities. Smartcast abilities? Forget it.

It'd be like signing up for a bicycle race and bringing a child's tricycle. Clicking in an MMO is sometimes passable. Clicking in RTS or MOBA is asking to lose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Short answer: no.

Long answer: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Pretty much the best answer anyone could give.

Deleted
    Absolutely not. You always need the mouse for something else while you are using the abilities, plus you need quick reaction times.

Deleted
    I'm afraid not, as others have said you simply can't use abilities quick enough by clicking them like you could do in WoW. Unlike WoW or any other hotkey based game LoL moves at too fast a pace for clicking alone.

Just show her the Q-W-E-R keys and help her practice with bots or something. Show her how to just set your fingers on the keys and keep them there, if she manages that then show her how to use D and F for summoner spells and so on.

when people on my team in ranked use an ability on accident and they say "misclicked" i cringe a bit
    cause i really hope they aren't clicking

No chances, the game pace wont let you do that, it's all about quick combos and reactions.

Ashe COULD work but you would need dumb enemies and a lot of luck. (And I mean EXTREME AMOUNTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post

Can't argue with that.

That sounds like so much more work...

If its about her feeling comfortable and she wants to just use one hand or something, Clicking is still not the way. Its impossible in my opinion to play the game that way. Another solution which would be a bit better (if its about a one handed ease of use gameplay) get a naga and bind the buttons. Well I use my mmo naga which I use on wow but there are MOBA mice you can get. I find it really easy to play that way. I do still use my keyboard though for the alt key but still Its wayyyyyy better than trying to click abilities and to move at the same time. Just not happening ever. How will she ever be able to poke at people? Herp derp I stand still while poking at the enemy because it takes a little while to click on my ability then move my mouse up to move my champion and then back to click another ability then up to move. >_< nevaaaa. Tell your sweety pie that its time to graduate from clicking.

If you are more comfortable with clicking, then you could perform better than with an unfamiliar and uncomfortable keybinding.
    Certainly keybinding has better results when you can utilise it well, but is reliant on that utilisation to really excel.

Deleted
    Nope, clicking in moba won't work, even if you are a fast clicker.

Pace is way too high for that, this ain't wow :>

Not to mention, you also click to move, so stopping movement for clicking on skills? Yeeaaah.. No.