I feel like the monk sets so far a pretty good, but it's the coloring that tends to ruin it. For example t14, I love the look of LFR set (blue/white). Normal is yellow/blue and Heroic is Red/Blue which both look pretty awful. In t15, I'm a fan of the normal gear (teal/cream), and I'm okay with the heroic set (Red/cream/yellow), but the LFR set is awful. In t16, I really enjoy the heroic set (red and yellow, simple but nice), find the normal set reasonable, but will never wear lfr colors.

Now, monks face a problem that most classes don't at this point and time. Where as most classes have 16 tier sets to farm up and choose from (dks being the exception because WotLK release), monks only have 3 tiers to set a precedent of design, so I'd argue we're more open about new ideas for tier sets. We don't have a favorite tier set that we farmed 5 years ago, we only have what we have in MoP; but that also means that we're the most effected if t17 turns out really poorly done.

Monks don't have an iconic look that will fit directly into the world of Draenor; however, we do know that the overall feel of the tier (between Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry) is going to be savage and bestial. I suspect at the very least monks will be getting simple cloth looking hand and feet wraps, no real shoes or gloves. I also suspect monks will be based around the Frostwolf Clan. The Wowpedia entry states "The Frostwolf clan, renowned for their prowess as one-on-one combatants, is a strong, close-knit clan whose bond with wolves only adds to their strength." One-on-one sounds very in line with a monk's fighting style and even our abilities. I mean a WW monk's cleave is focused around Storm, Earth, and Fire which sends clones of us to attack different targets. We're not performing one action to hit 3 different people, we're using our clones to one on one at three different times.

Also, when I think of Frostwolves, I'm really thinking "leather-wearers." Frostwolves don't seem to want to hide behind heavy plate armor, they seem very leather related. Even in preview shots of Frostfire Ridge, the npcs are wearing placeholder leather gear.

So this is what I'm expecting from the set.
Helm- Will most likely be a wolf helm with some sort of lower face mask (similar to the SoO mask part)
Shoulders- Wolf paws that face outward, with claws showing, on some tacky base.
Chest- I'd advocate shirtlessness, but that won't happen. So it will probably be a caked on, layered texture to look like theres more wolf pelt.
Hands- Simple wraps
Belt- Fur lined with Wolf teeth. I'm hoping for it to give a loin cloth that lasts about half way down the thigh.
Legs- Some sort of pants. Mistweaver would probably get a skirt bottom.
Feet- Again, just cloth wraps.