Thread: Quotes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    "I've got a touch of hangover, bureaucrat. Don't push me." -Mclintock

10+ Year Old Account
    "Honor without love is a pose, a hollow justification for your acts. It's not what you're willing to fight for, but what you'll gladly die to preserve." - King Borric conDoin

Deleted
    ''From now on we will not say that greeks fight like heroes,we will say that heroes fight like greeks''

Winston Churchill

Many from my old thread, including:

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    • "Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure. When in fact to be proven wrong should be celebrated. It is [being elevated] to a new level of understanding." - Peter Joseph

• "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" - George Carlin

• “The perfect being, was it? There is no such thing as perfect in this world. That may sound cliché, but it’s the truth. The average person admires perfection and seeks to obtain it. But, what’s the point of achieving perfection? There is none. Nothing. Not a single thing. I loathe perfection! If something is perfect, then there is nothing left. There is no room for imagination. No place left for a person to gain additional knowledge or abilities. Do you know what that means? For scientists such as ourselves, perfection only brings despair. It is our job to create things more wonderful than anything before them, but never to obtain perfection. A scientist must be a person who finds ecstasy while suffering from that antinomy. In short, the moment that foolishness left your mouth and reached my ears, you had already lost. Of course, that’s assuming you really are a scientist.” - Bleach. Lol.

• "There is no right, nor wrong; only conflicting ideologies." - Anonymous

• "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    • The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, answered "Man. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices his money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die and then dies having never really lived." - Dalai Lama
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    "Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.” - Attributed (perhaps incorrectly) to Marcus Aurelius

Deleted
    ''Whom the gods love, die young''

15+ Year Old Account
    My new favorite quote from this forum:

Quote Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
    During my first few months I selected 'need' for every item that dropped, because as a child I was taught to believe being 'greed'-y was wrong.
    Not historic or philosophical, but it did make me laugh.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

'Some cannot loosen their own chains and can nonetheless redeem their friends.' - Nietzsche

10+ Year Old Account
    Bitch! - Jesse Pinkman
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    "Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
    -The Comedian

"As soon as your born you start dying
    So you might as well have a good time"
    -Cake

"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist."
    -George Carlin

"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    - Bertrand Russell

And the one in my sig. These are propably the ones that has most meaning to me personally.

Deleted
    "A genius and their time are soon parted."

"Don’t walk behind me, I may not lead; don’t walk in front of me, I may not follow; just walk beside me and be my friend."

"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think that yours is the only path."

"If you remain neutral when an elephant steps on a mouse's tail, the mouse will not thank you for your neutrality."

Deleted
    You only own that you can keep in Death

10+ Year Old Account
    "Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious"
    - Brendan Gill

"The fundamental cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt"
    - Bertrand Russell

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"All facts are useful, it’s just the context that shifts"
    - Not sure, heard it on Bones.

"You bring da way to da Boulderfist. We put it in da stew." - Lump from Nagrand.

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

"A good shirt turns the wearer into a walking corporate billboard. It says to the world, 'My identity is so wrapped up in what I buy that I paid the company to advertise its products!'"

Calvin&Hobbes
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.