Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennegadelawlz View Post
    Ok, so since you are mad
    oh the irony.

I bask in it , sure as sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so since you are mad, and clearly have no idea how to play ret, let's shed some light here.

It was a pvp thread, do I really fuckin care about people talking about pve no. It is truely about the talent, get over your I am better than you ego. Because you sre probably terrible. Sure as sure.

Conviction is a huge buff, whether you're feeble mind can see it or not. The tier 15 4 piece pve set bonus is BiS still for rets, do you know why? The numbers on TV become massive. And slaughters on increase in dps against t16.

1.ya it is, it's ok you will learn don't worry we all grow with age.
    2. Your comments with your sure as sure is a terrinle troll. I'm sure blizz will give us something good, maybe not as good as necrotic plague but aoe is shit anyways for pvp.
    3. If you had some common sense and lohic you wouldn't be trolling every ret needs this, or is getting this, or has never had this thread in the forum.

50k crits, hmmmm you sound undergeared would you like a carry? 5000g per win

Exaggiration isn't a big deal but go ahead do the math, what is 75% of 1.2million being that's my highes hit of holy tv yet. Now take that and 1.2m - (.75*1.2m) = ya ice lance could look like a dot. There is a reason ice lane is spamable, those big crits you see from frost mages aren't ice lance they are instant FB and FFB.

How many random bgs do you do a day, because ferals don't have solid consistant damage decent bursts ya but if you are a ret and you can't beat a feral that's hilarious.

Ret/hunter/priest was tier 1 in 5.3, I have no clue where you were in that season, maybe trying to run vanguardscleave.

Anyways I'm out of this thread. Its like convition will disappear and become a base line proc.

Infracted. No need to insult others. ~Fhi
    if you`re critting 50k with TV in pvp you`re proabably pretty geared, it does shit dmg.

Also, Ret was not tier 1 in 5.3, they were mediocre, good burst but shitty defensives, basically a glass cannon that is why they work well with a spec with good control (hunter/mage/rouge/feral), anything besides that was bad and you could expect being tunneled and killed pretty fast. I only agree that this is a needed buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Full pvp plate gear gives 43.50% dmg reduction from armor. Counting in inquisition Holy damage means 230% [(100*1.3)/(100-43.5)] damage against plate. Even cloth wearers have 25% dmg reduction from armor. Against cloth doing holy damage means 173% damage.

Im not sure if this'll go live like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to point out only that t15 4pc isn't BiS. It's good to be sure, but normal t16 4pc > heroic t15 4pc
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

10+ Year Old Account
    Conviction is a huge buff, whether you're feeble mind can see it or not.
    While Conviction may seem like a great thing to you, you have to understand a few things. Firstly, how important is this against all other classes? Warriors, Dks, and other Paladins are the only high armor classes running around in the game, but you still have the other 8 classes in the game to deal with. Is it really worth it to have a minor advantage over plate? Against cloth and leather the damage increase is not going to be as big.

Then there's the other talents, which we know little about. How well is Seal of Faith going to work? For all we know Seal of Faith could be so good that it's out best survival talent. The light within might even produce more benefits in PvP, if you're willing to Seal twist and stack buffs.

The only problem right now with any of the other choices is how they revolve around Seals, which are on the GCD. Seal of Faith nerfs your damage instead of buffs it, and Light Within is going to be heavily reliant on Seal twisting. Unless developers take Seals off the GCD, I see all Rets going for Conviction. You'd never use Seal of Faith in PvE as Ret, and Light Within is probably better to stick with Seal of Truth and never waste a GCD switching Seals.

So unless we know of any other changes, Conviction may not be the best. We just know a lot more about Conviction since it's similar to T15.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    While Conviction may seem like a great thing to you, you have to understand a few things. Firstly, how important is this against all other classes? Warriors, Dks, and other Paladins are the only high armor classes running around in the game, but you still have the other 8 classes in the game to deal with. Is it really worth it to have a minor advantage over plate? Against cloth and leather the damage increase is not going to be as big.

HI, Holy templars verdict is not a minor damage gain. I know a thing or 2 about damage being the authority on maxing character output and all.

What Holy TV does with Inqusition is nearly double. There is nothing minor about doubling the power of an attack. THis is based onbosses with 35% mitigation and plate classes with Shields <holy paladins> have upwards of 45%-50% armor mitigation at this point.

End of topic.

Thanks
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-11-21 at 09:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post

What Holy TV does with Inqusition is nearly double. There is nothing minor about doubling the power of an attack. THis is based onbosses with 35% mitigation and plate classes with Shields <holy paladins> have upwards of 45%-50% armor mitigation at this point.
    Right now my Paladin sits at ~46% physical damage reduction with lots of Heroic gear. A cloth class has ~27% in normal SoO ilvl gear. At the start of the expansion the armor values will be much lower, unless something was drastically changed on how armor works. We know so little about what other changes they'll do, can't say for certain how much of a difference this will make.

Will they keep Inquisition? Conviction maybe intended to be without the existence of it.
    How about other classes defenses on magic damage reduction?
    How much healing will Seal of Faith produce?
    Will they remove Seals from GCD for Light Within?

I ran around with the 4pc15 in PvP and it just didn't make a huge difference. Given that it's a 40% chance to proc, and not the 100% conviction provides. But if it really was that good then why didn't anyone run around with T15 in the last season? I swear I was the only Ret doing that.

Deleted
    The new level 100 talent conviction chabges Templars Verdict to Final Verdict which deals 250% weapon damage as holy danage which will be buffed by mastery and inq. Pure holy damage means pure plate penatration can you say best melee in game?
    Well, 4pT15 gave us full Holy dmg TV's and it hasn't made any significant difference in PvP...

HI, Holy templars verdict is not a minor damage gain. I know a thing or 2 about damage being the authority on maxing character output and all.

End of topic.

Thanks
    To be fair, bosses gain level-based spell resistances that will partially soak the Holy damage. Still, you'd think they'd learn after 3.0's Holy damage Divine Storm. This is a horrible idea, will shoot Ret's burst into the stratosphere (AW + TV crits oneshot), and will probably not make out of Beta as is.

EDIT: When did you get so uppity, Anaxie? I've browsed your hilariously titled threads for years, and never thought you'd be so...Worldie.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    This is a horrible idea, will shoot Ret's burst into the stratosphere (AW + TV crits oneshot), and will probably not make out of Beta as is.
    It will not because resilience.
    Final Verdict will not be gamebreaking.
    It might as well not be worth it at all.
    All it'll be is a 25-45%(depending on enemy armor) boost to one attack out of many, and we dont even know if Inq will survive come Wrongsocks of Durrnor

End of topic.

Thanks
    why dont you base it on 72% baseline resilience eh?
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2013-11-22 at 08:26 AM. Reason: because I can

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy paladins have 55% armor. 250% holy damage would do double the damage of a 275% phyisical without inquisiton. If you count inquisition its 57% increase on cloth 160% increase on holy paladins and rest falls in between. Its nowhere near minor.

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    Holy paladins have 55% armor. 250% holy damage would do double the damage of a 275% phyisical without inquisiton. If you count inquisition its 57% increase on cloth 160% increase on holy paladins and rest falls in between. Its nowhere near minor.
    now reduce it all by 72% will you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    doing some napkin math tv would crit around 100k, mastery included without any cooldowns in current pvp gear. Damn good id say.

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    doing some napkin math tv would crit around 100k, mastery included without any cooldowns in current pvp gear. Damn good id say.
    so all it takes for TV to actually start to deal damage close to other classes' main hitters is to make said TV bypass all armor?
    Damn good design and balance, I'd say.

What a pity there's an item squish ahead, so it'll have even less relevance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really think this skill should be called Holy Strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    To be fair, bosses gain level-based spell resistances that will partially soak the Holy damage. Still, you'd think they'd learn after 3.0's Holy damage Divine Storm. This is a horrible idea, will shoot Ret's burst into the stratosphere (AW + TV crits oneshot), and will probably not make out of Beta as is.

EDIT: When did you get so uppity, Anaxie? I've browsed your hilariously titled threads for years, and never thought you'd be so...Worldie.
    Bosses havn't had spells resistence since like Cata

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    I distaste pvp because you know. Why would I want downgrades AMIRITE? But in world pvp I kill people having 82% damage reduction in like 5 seconds. SO YEAAAH.

Resil

- - - Updated - - -

Also storm your knowledge of ret is lacking. Your posts give me cancer.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Lyese, don't be frightened child papa Anaxie is only here to bring the light of truth to those who have fallen from the light and my grace

I distaste pvp because you know. Why would I want downgrades AMIRITE? But in world pvp I kill people having 82% damage reduction in like 5 seconds.
    I distaste dragonslayers because you know. Dragonslayers.
    But world pvp has nothing to do with actual rated pvp.

Also storm your knowledge of ret is lacking.
    No it isn't.
    You don't know jack shit about pvp, yet voice your opinions.
    I find it amusing, moar like satisfying.

Your posts give me cancer.
    This pleases me, sure as sure.

Distaste dragonslayers? why? Is it the 60+ Ilvls of surperior gear and imaginative trinkets, or is it the Exclusive mounts, ability to do everything and kill players in the game world with a flick of the wrist. Fortunately I can obtain full greavious in 2 weeks while grinding out the new PvP mount which while amazing is anything but exclusive. I love being able to have everything while you only get a small taste with none of the benefits.
    Cheers friend.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-11-22 at 09:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really, guys?

No pvp/pve bashing. This thread loves both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arena and RBG's aren't fun anymore. Classes are horribly imbalanced in PvP, and the whole baseline resilience thing just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. With the stat squish coming I hope they can do away with resilience and pvp power. Especially with stats like avoidance and lifesteal coming. There also needs to be some emphasis in 1v1 PvP, because at some point it usually comes down to that.