Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy Is WoD "filler" expansion?

As first, I have to mention, I am quite happy about what we know about WoD so far. I am not saying "Baaaaah, so shitty, so bad, WoW is dying." ... The only real concern so far about WoD is, that it looks like filler arc so far. We are standing against group of badass maniacs who would like to torn apart our children and rape our wifes, but in the end, everything, that could be screwed up is our presence and future in sense of death and nonexistence.

I know, future is quite important thing. We are used to fight for our upcoming days, and I have no problem with it. But in the end it is, WoD, just about one pissed of brat, who has been spanked hard and run to cover behind his fellow maniacs.

It is happening right now, it is imediate problem and the only visible outcome is, if we will succed, that something, that shouldn't happen, will not happen. I simply do not see this expansion as part of bigger, long term scheme for Lore evolution.

I am quite sure, that we will see lots of preparation for next expansions, like Avatar of Sargeras vs Medivh fight, Azshara somehow involved etc. .

Also I am happy about plans to evolve Velen's storyline (he is probably the most underrated superpower in WoW, until now at least).

But in the end, I feel about WoD like about filler. I am not saying it is bad, but it is quite disappointing for me. Is it only me or some of you guys have the same feeling?
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."

Deleted
    No, it's not.

No, I would say MoP might be a filler as it doesn't fit the storyline (not saying MoP is bad, cuz I just love this expansion).

No, but WoD builds up to the next expansion which is great.

If anything MoP was a filler and WoD is getting back to Warcraft-ness. Though frankly I know very little about either, but from what I've read, that appears to be the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, in my opinion, it's feature light and the story arc reads at a 7th grade level so...

I don't want to come off bashing it blindly, as I will buy and play it. But this certainly makes two expasnions in a row that I can't say I'm exactly enthusiastic about the direction we're going. In all honesty, I wouldn't even mention all this were it not for the length of time that eclipses between expansions, despite them saying they'd like to pick up the pace. For me at least, this is two expansions now where it's like, yep, nothing I really care about being added here... maybe in another two years.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2013-11-13 at 01:23 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

I wouldn't say filler but considering nothing we do will have any affect on our timeline it's a bit pointless. If there on the other hand was a notable threat to our timeline and we somehow had a chance to stop it, the expansion would cease to be pointless imo.

Seems a weird but cool story line. Also, you, use, way, too, many, commas,.

My Awesome Sig Made By Shyama - Thank You!

You do not know the full extent of the story, therefore you cannot term it as a filler until the end of WoD.
    1001 0111 0011 0111 1000 0101

No, they're telling us the next part of their ongoing story. If that's "filler" then the whole game is filler.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what we know now, which is VERY little, this xpac seems like a segue. A completely AWESOME segue though.

I would posit that there's no such thing as a "filler expansion". They all have a story, and just because it doesn't further the "future Legion invasion" plotline doesn't make it irrelevant to the overall story.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's obvious you don't know the entire story, no one does, but from what we were told at blizzcon, you obviously didn't listen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipper View Post
    Also, you, use, way, too, many, commas,.
    Yes, I know. It is habit from my native language, where commas are must have, if you want to write something longer than "Hello world." in propper form.
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."

Quote Originally Posted by Deffry View Post
    As first, I have to mention, I am quite happy about what we know about Wotlk so far. I am not saying "Baaaaah, so shitty, so bad, WoW is dying." ... The only real concern so far about Wotlk is, that it looks like filler arc so far. We are standing against one badass maniac who would like to torn apart our children and rape our wifes, but in the end, everything, that could be screwed up is our presence and future in sense of death and nonexistence.

I know, future is quite important thing. We are used to fight for our upcoming days, and I have no problem with it. But in the end it is, Wotlk, just about one pissed of brat, who has been spanked hard and run to cover behind his fellow maniacs.

It is happening right now, it is imediate problem and the only visible outcome is, if we will succed, that something, that shouldn't happen, will not happen. I simply do not see this expansion as part of bigger, long term scheme for Lore evolution.

I am quite sure, that we will see lots of preparation for next expansions, like Thrall vs Deathwing fight, Garrosh somehow involved etc. .

Also I am happy about plans to evolve Tirion's storyline (he is probably the most underrated superpower in WoW, until now at least).

But in the end, I feel about Wotlk like about filler. I am not saying it is bad, but it is quite disappointing for me. Is it only me or some of you guys have the same feeling?
    Fixed WoD in your quote to Wotlk.

No, no and nope,

Deleted
    I don't think so. By the way, what do you guys mean with "filler expansion" exactly?

If anything, vanilla was a filler to lead up to the great cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Well, in my opinion, it's feature light and the story arc reads at a 7th grade level so...

I don't want to come off bashing it blindly, as I will buy and play it. But this certainly makes two expasnions in a row that I can't say I'm exactly enthusiastic about the direction we're going. In all honesty, I wouldn't even mention all this were it not for the length of time that eclipses between expansions, despite them saying they'd like to pick up the pace. For me at least, this is two expansions now where it's like, yep, nothing I really care about being added here... maybe in another two years.
    This is about where I am in my thoughts about WoD. Obviously I'm open to change my mind since I'm coming to this forum, but it looks pretty bare.

It feels kind of like a filler in terms of storyline. I really just don't see it as anything other than a reach for straws. What will fool people into believing it's anything more than that, is the 'filler' that they're adding in to make it seem more robust, like the character appearances, garrisons, constant pvp zone, etc.