Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    They could just call Flex, easy, but I guess that offends people?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    They could just call Flex, easy, but I guess that offends people?
    It's pretty funny how a difficulty in a video game can somehow offend people. Just makes me sad to live on this Earth...

Flexible raiding is a feature, a technology that allows scaling based on number of people, not a difficulty setting. Really, it's not like "Flex is the new normal", but rather, that they are making Normal and Heroic use the Flex technology (so that any guild can run and progress through them at a good rate), and adding a mode exclusively tuned for competitive raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Zardi View Post
    Flexible raiding is a feature, a technology that allows scaling based on number of people, not a difficulty setting. Really, it's not like "Flex is the new normal", but rather, that they are making Normal and Heroic use the Flex technology (so that any guild can run and progress through them at a good rate), and adding a mode exclusively tuned for competitive raiding.
    They are making LFR & Normal use Flex now, NOT Heroic. They are NOT adding a mode, they are just renaming them...rofl. They could have called Flex difficulty "EASY." Your argument does not refute the point that they could have called Flex something else...

Quote Originally Posted by Gravityx View Post
    They are making LFR & Normal use Flex now, NOT Heroic. They are NOT adding a mode, they are just renaming them...rofl. They could have called Flex difficulty "EASY." Your argument does not refute the point that they could have called Flex something else...
    Eh... it doesn't? As far as I know, if Flex isn't a difficulty setting, they don't have to rename it to anything. Flex, as a "mode" of its own, is disappearing; and Normal and Heroic are also disappearing as we know them (fixed size raids). Stop thinking in terms of name changes, because the whole raiding model is changing. Ask yourself what we have on live and why we have it; and what we'll have on the expansion and why'll we have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailyara View Post
    But when will then be now?
    Soon.

(I can't believe no one handled this before me)

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    LFR -> Flex -> Normal -> Heroic

to

LFR -> Normal -> Heroic -> Mythic

While this isn't really a big deal it kind of rubs me the wrong way when Normal is renamed to heroic because well ... heroic isn't normal, heroic is heroic, and flex isn't normal because flex is easier than normal.

I think they should have renamed Flex to easy, or casual (ok just kidding), or "carried by heroic raiders" or .. ok i'll stop; but you get my point. And I don't really like the sound of Mythic but I won't lose any sleep over it.

What's your opinions?
    It's actually more in line with other features of the game:
    - "Normal" dungeons are very easy, while "heroic" dungeons can be difficult for players that just reached the level cap.
    - "Normal" scenarios are very easy, while "heroic" scenarios can be difficult for less experienced players.
    - "Normal" raids are going to be easy, while "heroic" raids will be difficult for less experienced raiders.
    Sounds good to me.

Normal in WOD will be about as difficult as Flex is now.
    Heroic in WOD will be about as difficult as Normal is now.
    Mythic in WOD will be about as difficult as Heroic is now.