Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Speculating the Login Screen

So after making this login screen i have had a lot of people come up with some ideas of what the login screen should be, what would you like to see the login screen as?

Also since I have had a few people ask me for a non UI wallpaper you can get it here.
    http://martyntranter.deviantart.com/...aper-413384018

Gonna be honest, here. I don't hate it.

That looks really cool lol

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not bad. Though personally I'd have backed up from it further and have Iron Orcs marching through the portal, with the occassional Gronn going through as well.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Yours is very well done, however:

I'd like to see a more animated Login Screen again, like WotLK's login screen (just without any noise so people won't bitch about it).
    Make the dark portal again, but twisted, with red colors, and we can eventually see orcs/gronn/a warlord passing by. That'd be cool.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It MUST be the red dark portal. I'd love to see Iron Horde soldiers going through it every once in a while.

I am actually working on an animated version of it right now!

10+ Year Old Account
    Please make a Jurassic Park variation of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaperxx View Post
    I am actually working on an animated version of it right now!
    Really? Let us know when it is ready.

it would be better if instead of a green glow on the statues it was red.

doesnt make much sense for there to be green light when the portal is red now
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    it would be better if instead of a green glow on the statues it was red.

doesnt make much sense for there to be green light when the portal is red now
    Since this portal would be a newly constructed one, rather than a repurposing of the old one, it likely wouldn't have those statues at all. Chances are the statues would be of Orcs.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    inb4 we just get all warlords standing on a hill, with a Gronn popping up randomly behind a mountain for the occasional "ROAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR"

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Really? Let us know when it is ready.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTNcQ...ature=youtu.be

This is a small preview of what i have so far, I will be posting updates as i release new versions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    I like what you have made. I don't personally like the heavily animated login screens quite as much. My favorite was the TBC one. Subtle animations while portraying the dark portal from the Hellfire Peninsula side creating that mark mysterious feeling. I love how yours is a new twist on that old version.

So for me the only things I'd like to see are the random fel comet in the background on the Draenor side of the portal and possibly a few bugs and rustling of the leaves on the Azeroth side of the portal.

Love it.

Could we possibly see it from the opposite side, Blasted Lands into Tanaan once the expac comes out?
    Last edited by Glazey; 2013-11-14 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    I like what you have made. I don't personally like the heavily animated login screens quite as much. My favorite was the TBC one. Subtle animations while portraying the dark portal from the Hellfire Peninsula side creating that mark mysterious feeling. I love how yours is a new twist on that old version.

So for me the only things I'd like to see are the random fel comet in the background on the Draenor side of the portal and possibly a few bugs and rustling of the leaves on the Azeroth side of the portal.
    First, there wouldn't be fel comets on the Draenor side because its not fel corrupted yet. Second, this is from the Draenor side not the Azeroth side, seeing that at this time it is actually Tanaan Jungle.

Quote Originally Posted by GlazeyB View Post
    Love it.

Could we possibly see it from the opposite side, Blasted Lands into Tanaan once the expac comes out?
    I could do something like that, I will be working on a few project to do with WoD so i will make sure to post it here and on my deviant art page.

That is very close to what I was imagining in my own head. Very well done.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I WANT IT TO BE JUST LIKE THIS!!! its perfect! an original nostalgieportal

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaina2013 View Post
    First, there wouldn't be fel comets on the Draenor side because its not fel corrupted yet. Second, this is from the Draenor side not the Azeroth side, seeing that at this time it is actually Tanaan Jungle.
    Ahh good point, but in that case the fel comets would still work seeing as infernals and other demons are on the Azeroth side at this point and the Tanaan Jungle is uncorrupted.