Voters
2563. This poll is closed
  • Started Old School Vanilla

2,033 79.32%
  • Came in the later days BCS or Later

530 20.68%
Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Started in 2005. Still have my original toon and guild on Blackhand US called The Unforsaken Warriors. He still has a copy of A Treatise of Military Ranks in his bags. I played off and on until Wrath. Started raid leading and really getting more into the endgame when it released.

[IMG][/IMG]

I have stopped playing as of 5.4 until the world event starts for WoD. I guess I must be one of the special few who doesn't mind at all the direction WoW has gone. I do miss the sense of community. Finding groups in trade for dungeons, actually using LFG channel and all the other stuff that kept people socializing in this game. Other than that the game is still just as fun as its always been. MoP was probably my least favourite, found it hard to keep myself playing during it. WoD looks amazing to me though! Can't wait for it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    There was little 'good' about the good ole' days. The memories you have are epic, because back then you didn't have other options. Now you do.
    Shitty options are not options, and I am sorry LFR is a shitty option, being grouped with afkers, people who don't move out of bad stuff, people who do nothing but flame each other...........just because we have "options" does not mean they are GOOD options.

And yes I came in during mid vanilla and didn't know wtf raiding even was, I thought it was invading the other factions cities.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Fmr View Post
    yeah, they think they are "better" because they started to play a game earlier than others. They think they are the "elite" because they play longer than you....................
    Maybe they're posting it because the OP asked when they started playing and then said most of the people were lying when he didn't get the low numbers he was expecting?
    We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I run around timeless isle not feeling threatened on my really poorly geared alt. I doubt I will feel threatened in the new content. What it will do, though, is waste time, and that's exactly what Blizzard wants to happen.
    Timeless Isle is about as threatening as lint, the enemies are weak and designed to be, obviously you never went into Outland as a friend 58/60 and had a Felreaver stomp you into the ground, well that's what a Gronn will do.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Deleted
    I started about a month before TBC so I suppose that counts, I didnt have a scooby what i was doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fmr View Post
    yeah, they think they are "better" because they started to play a game earlier than others. They think they are the "elite" because they play longer than you....................
    Better? no, but I do find people who can't live without flying or LFR to be kind of whiny, childish, and spoiled.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Timeless Isle is about as threatening as lint, the enemies are weak and designed to be, obviously you never went into Outland as a friend 58/60 and had a Felreaver stomp you into the ground, well that's what a Gronn will do.
    I was the horde first level 70. Anymore baseless assumptions that you would like to share?

It was my intent to show that the current way Blizzard makes content is not scary at all. Felrevers could be avoided by standing in its' path... The aggro range wasn't hard to avoid. It was a massive giant that was 10+ levels higher than you, so why would anyone under cap try and pull them instead of walk around?
    Last edited by urasim; 2013-11-15 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Meh, fel reavers were also so easy to avoid that their 'threat' was pretty much negligible.
    We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.

Deleted
    Out of the people playing WoW today? A fractional amount.

I started in vanilla. The game was pretty shit back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamza View Post
    So many people on the internet lie about playing vanilla as if it's some badge of honor. Even more lie that they raided during it. I played vanilla for about a month, it was shit the game only got good in tbc IMO.
    VANILLA was not about balance and what not... it was about fun,i played WC3 a lot and coming from wc3 to WoW was such epic feeling ,i can still remember like it was yesterday when i first saw infernals in Ashenvale... or when i first entered Ironforge... So many good memories But can also remember farming in WPL,Silithius.. and geting owned by 2hander WF shaman, like in one atack haha.Or when you met people in world and just needed to 1v1 them it was really good.
    And no flying mounts in WoD till big patch will be good , Blizzard is right that people just use it to skip combat and what not, i do it myself.

Started day 1. I was in some of the beta towards the end, but officially started right when it launched on US-Argent Dawn

I started in the original beta prior to Vanilla launch, when the game was real gritty. It was my first MMO, but I loved it. Never had an issue with not having the conveniences of today.

Deleted
    I started in pre-alpha back when they had a working 3D environment and a character model in it.

I played since vanilla, and I know, not everyone that voted that they did, actually did. Many people that love to complain put the title of vanilla player on themselves because they think that entitles them to complain. Sorry I have played since vanilla, and the game has only gotten better. No it was not fun to have to run across continents on a mount for shit. No it was not fun worrying about having the money to pay for your mount. I have raided every raid ever released, and they keep getting better, vanilla raids were not this pinnacle of raiding that many people make it out to be. Flying mounts did not ruin the game, they made it better, you think it makes the game small? Get off your flying mount and run on your pony, no one is forcing you to ride it. Sure I had some nice memories of vanilla, but I would never go back, it was a hellhole, and the game has only gotten better.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unrealeck View Post
    I started in pre-alpha back when they had a working 3D environment and a character model in it.
    The leaked one? Man that was terrible, lol.

Can we talk about how amazed I am by this poll? For some reason I expected there to only be like 6 people who started in Vanilla...
    "Being polite to a person is not a sign of respect for them. It is merely a sign of a good upbringing and a balanced nature."

15+ Year Old Account
    I started in Vanilla. I remember MC wipes, how crazy AQ40 was, and how you had to save for your 80g mount.
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    If I had start one month before. I technically would have been in Vanilla. But I am proud to be a tBC player.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemorte View Post
    Can we talk about how amazed I am by this poll? For some reason I expected there to only be like 6 people who started in Vanilla...
    Because a lot of them are lying, so they have an excuse to complain about the game.

Started in vanilla when I was sitting back playing some Counter-Strike, I looked over and saw my brother playing his Orc Hunter (You know...back when they HAD MANA!) and saw him running around Org...it BLEW me away. Needless to say he let me create a mage on his account, got the mage to lvl 3, went out and bought myself a copy and started my WoW Experience! It used to be one of the MOST AMAZING games I have ever played...seems they have lost touch with what the game once was by trying to appeal to the "masses" and their complaints. I have a feeling that WoW has lost alot of their original players due to this...hopefully WoD Can bring us back! Would love to give into that familiar itch and go head first again.

~Kuruptshun