Voters
2563. This poll is closed
  • Started Old School Vanilla

2,033 79.32%
  • Came in the later days BCS or Later

530 20.68%
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ...
    ITT: people lying.

Played in the beta, bought the game as soon as I was finished work on launch day (night shift so I got the game before the store was open). I would NEVER go back to Vanilla, such a horrid game. I love being immune to nostalgia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Come to us, we're summoning Ice Lord!

Not going to read through 43 pages of comment to find if this was said yet, but yeah I was there in Vanilla as a Male Dwarf Priest. Can't recall the exact name of the spell but at that time only Dwarves had it. Was it dispel/mass dispel or purify and was greatly needed when raiding BlackRock Spire to get rid of fear.

Dwarf Priests were highly sought after until Blizz gave every race the ability to remove fear!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    Played in the beta, bought the game as soon as I was finished work on launch day (night shift so I got the game before the store was open). I would NEVER go back to Vanilla, such a horrid game. I love being immune to nostalgia.
    Nostalgia isn't everything - I actually think Vanilla was a better game than MOP, (only) when you consider things like freshness and the player expectations of the time. That said I would never want to see the game revert to the way it was in Vanilla. In 2013, Classic WoW is a terrible game. In 2004/2005, it is a phenomenal game, better then than MOP is now. In my humble, personal, opinion of course.

Deleted
    played vanilla for about 2 hours, then returned mid to late BC

Played since open beta, never looked back :P

Quote Originally Posted by Khalus View Post
    Not going to read through 43 pages of comment to find if this was said yet, but yeah I was there in Vanilla as a Male Dwarf Priest. Can't recall the exact name of the spell but at that time only Dwarves had it. Was it dispel/mass dispel or purify and was greatly needed when raiding BlackRock Spire to get rid of fear.

Dwarf Priests were highly sought after until Blizz gave every race the ability to remove fear!
    Dwarf Priests had Fear Ward.

I recall my guild leader leveling a dwarf priest to 60 in under a week, just so we'd have a fear ward for the tank when fighting Magmadar.

I'm too late for the poll itself, but I'm classic vet (Knight-Lieutenant & still have both my Eternal Quintessence and some of the Frost Stones from the first Scourge Invasion (patch 1.11) taking up space in the bank).

People can't use Classic WoW as an excuse for bad design decisions anymore. As of Cataclysm release, Classic WoW NO LONGER EXISTS. It is also not a good indicator of player skill or wisdom, just player longevity.

No, Classic WoW was not 'better'. It felt that way as the community wasn't as watered down. We hadn't had the influx of the XBox Live kids yet, so the game was all around more enjoyable.

So if we're done whining about this, can we move onto subjects of more interest?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayushi View Post
    Dwarf Priests had Fear Ward.

I recall my guild leader leveling a dwarf priest to 60 in under a week, just so we'd have a fear ward for the tank when fighting Magmadar.
    Ah yeah, I knew it had to do with Fear, just couldn't recall the name.

All I know is when I logged in on my Dwarf Priest I must've been on hundreds of friends' lists cause I'd get dozens of tells to join groups before my screen fully loaded..lawl

Good times, good times!

Quote Originally Posted by akamurdoch View Post
    played vanilla for about 2 hours, then returned mid to late BC
    Why? I can't imagine it was related to gameplay. If you played for 2 hours in Vanilla or TBC those first 2 hours would have been literally identical, with the obvious exception of Draenai and Blood Elves.