Page 7 of 110 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    1.) People don't want to walk and leave group, well fuck them they don't get gear. 2.) I hate flying mounts in world PvP so annoying. 3.) Flying mounts make travel less of an investment, like it should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually it WILL change, but not in the way you think. Despite it forcing more PvP encounters, it's actually an anti-ganker change. What's worse? A ganker killing you then flying away to safety until you rez or a ganker who has to run through mobs to get to you and after he kills you, he's vulnerable to other players due to lack of safe spot?

Ultimately, I don't care whether flying stays or goes.

No, because that's not the point so much as making the world feel more of a world than a series of hubs.

Quote Originally Posted by KOREAN DAVE View Post
    It won't happen, but I tell you what, no flying makes for a healthier game.
    Why and how?

When WoD launches with no flying and EVERYTHING changes, will you admit being wrong? -_-

If you say no, then I say no. If you say yes, than I frankly will still say no. No reason to feel obliged to admit being wrong when you're simply discussing possible repercussions of what's possible to happen.

Edit: If no flying mounts actually increases the amount of world pvp by more than 1%, I will admit being wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Nope, because I still won't care.

I'm not going to end up for or against it, because in the end I'll spend most of my time on a ground mount anyway.

So you've already rescinded on your "quitting if WoD" rhetoric?

-5 integrity points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    The whole fun in ground mounts is having the players closer together and able to share events. A timeless isle/questing type of zone will be lots of fun imo.
    Do you really care about other players around you on Timeless Isle? I don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    (and according to polls it's only a tiny vocal minority that is upset over the lack of flying mounts until 6.1)
    So people like to waste time. Nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeTwelve View Post
    Just putting the question out there.

When WoD comes out with flying restricted until 6.1 and a tight-knit server community DOESN'T spontaneously form, when nobody talks, when nobody really gives a shit, when it's still just a bunch of people collecting bear asses in silence or else idling at the bank waiting for queues to pop, will you admit that you were wrong?

Will you admit that restricting flying didn't really accomplish a damned thing?
    Removing flying mounts has nothing to do with community. It's about YOUR OWN experience. They don't want you to see the world as color patches in the fog and they want you to experience random encounters(both pve and pvp).

Flying always was unbalanced and never made any sense and it's impossible to balance the game with it in mind. That's why most(almost all) RPGs don't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Right, like how swtor is healthier than WoW, as evidenced by the overwhelming number of subscri... oh wait swtor failed and had to go ftp
    SWTOR's failure had nothing to do with mounts.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

Deleted
    wow wtf. I can believe this shit. Do you really think that flying mounts killed the community? /facepalm
    What it does it removes all interaction with the world. I honestly cant see how that is a good thing.

Solution: remove flying and add waypoints. Wouldnt make traveling any slower but would require a bit more than just summoning your mount, pointing to the direction you want to go and start afking till you get there.

And plz do quote the person who said that removing flying will form a "tight-knit server community". I think you just made that up.

I don't even understand how people are complaining about this. Who cares if they want you to stay on the ground until 6.1. This should be a non-issue. The developers put a lot of time into the landscape and vistas and there are people, like myself, who like that stuff but would miss it due to adhering to efficiency. Now I don't have to worry every time I stop to gaze at the beautiful zones that I am not optimizing my time via getting to 100.

Flying.. what does it ADD to the game?
    Can we fight in the air? No.
    Does it add immersion to the experience. No.
    Do we see more or less players by having flight. Less.

Is flight the CAUSE of less community? No.
    Does it help build community? No.

Does flight allow skipping of content and immersion in the game? Yes.

Is flight beneficial to good combat? (pvp) No.

Flight was a cool thing, first time in a game that we could fly and get a different perspective on the world. Do I love the IDEA of flying, yes, Yes I do. It however adds nothing and takes away so much from the game. I have no issue with flying once you've completed all the ground based content in the world. It would seem that the design that blizzard is going for needs you to be on the ground for it to work and have meaning.

I can live without it.

But if they allowed the flying mounts, I would shrug and move on. Fans will make a mountain out of a molehill with any topic

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Right, like how swtor is healthier than WoW, as evidenced by the overwhelming number of subscri... oh wait swtor failed and had to go ftp
    Lmao swtor was so fucked up don't see how u can make the connection there wih flying mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    This exactly, what is 2 months supposed to fix? How is it okay to make us play for 2 months one way to make the game better and then let us do what we want 2 months later? Defeats the purpose and the logic.
    How will the myth that this game will somehow get better ever get resolved if they won't give it a try. I don't see anything but mindless pubstomp ganking coming from this, but there literally is no other way to silence the herpaderp people who think this is an issue. Jeez, just calm down and stop getting outraged by minimal features.

I don't think there will be massive explosions, or storms of complaints too terribly much about lack of flying. The only thing I do foresee is just more discontent, less excitement with the new features, and more complaints about too much "mandatory" grinding. Sort of like MOP launch but with the very real possibility of being much worse. People won't quit over "lack of flying" per se but I think some of the indirect, unintended consequences might cause that to happen.

P.S. "Alternate" forms of transportation are not fun, period. The only three things that are reasonable are 1) Portals, 2) Flying, 3) Summons. Flight paths are not fun but they are the "least of evils" since you can AFK and don't have to just fucking stare at your screen for 5 min waiting for nothing.

Zeppelins and boats and trams are really not fun at endgame level especially if they are mandatory. Highwind Albatross is not fun. "Neither fun nor compelling."

Quote Originally Posted by DeeTwelve View Post
    Just putting the question out there.

When WoD comes out with flying restricted until 6.1 and a tight-knit server community DOESN'T spontaneously form, when nobody talks, when nobody really gives a shit, when it's still just a bunch of people collecting bear asses in silence or else idling at the bank waiting for queues to pop, will you admit that you were wrong?

Will you admit that restricting flying didn't really accomplish a damned thing?
    It'll mean that mats are gonna be pretty expensive for a lot longer.

I'm not really sure that's an accomplishment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    please summon me i dont have flight path
    please summon me im to lazy to walk
    please summon me
    summon
    random dude with common sense: warlocks arent here yet
    please summon
    another dude with even more common sense:we dont have any warlocks
    group disband

healthy game ... ye right
    dude people does it anytime, with or without flying mounts,
    lazy asshole is going to be lazy anyway.

Maybe I'll be able to make some gold again selling mage ports.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i havent seen a signle person say this.

experiencing the world the way it was meant to be experienced has nothing to do with community. it has to do with immersion. zone flow, travel pace, and danger
    I dislike when people use zone flow and danger as reasons for this policy. The only thing that has ever been dangerous in wow (to me at least) was the Fel Reaver in Hellfire Pen, he got me 1 time when I was leveling my first character, then never again after that.

OT: I will miss the convenience of flying to gather, but if they make the taxis go faster or fly more directly to the flight paths then I won't care either way. I just hate sitting on a taxi that takes 2-3x longer to get somewhere than if I had just flown there myself.