Poll: Would you like to see that idea in WoW?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb What if, stats on items could....

....be from a range of values? Meaning, an item that now grants 1000 Agility could now grant a random number from lets say 700-1200! Diablo style, maybe? Numbers are random of course blablabla!
    Would you like it? Not? Why?

Dont immediately purge the idea, as its 7am here and Im bored. Its just a conversation starter!

(trying to figure out how to add a poll)
    Ridiculous this is... Yes, something very ridiculous is happening in here!

So uh. You get unlucky have have an item that has 700 agil but the next guy gets 1200. Not exactly fair and if your in 10 man norms/heroic then your screwed.
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

This is part of the reason why Diablo has caused many people to put their heads through a monitor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprixius View Post
    So uh. You get unlucky have have an item that has 700 agil but the next guy gets 1200. Not exactly fair and if your in 10 man norms/heroic then your screwed.
    Well, the numbers are random as I said. I was asking in general how the whole concept was being seen by others!

10+ Year Old Account
    The idea works for D3 simply because of the sheer volume of loot drops.. You can potentially farm several hundred pieces of the "same" pieces per day, until the one with perfect stats drop.

In WoW, it would never work, as you only have ONE chance per week for a specific piece dropping, and even then it might not even drop (remembering killing Majorhomo Fanny Staghelm in Firelands, before I got my staff).

Imagine the QQ, if you have to first battle RNG for the drop, then you battle your fellow raiders for getting that piece, and then it only have 700 of potentially 1200 agility? No thank you.. Every item with less than 1150 would be DE'ed because noone want sub-optimal loot.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Not a good idea. Loot works very different between WoW and D3.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Deleted
    The whole Thunder/Warforged thing is RNG enough, thankyouverymuch.

I imagine that while some random stats can motivate Diablo players to continue farming for upgrades, WoW may be too competitive to make that a feature that people will accept. Time is more of a factor, and gear is not as available, since you have to wait for the dungeons to reset etc.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Why is your dps so low!? You have the highest item level!
    Yeah but my weapon only has 4000 spell power

10+ Year Old Account
    I say make it randomly change on gear being worn each day. That would sufficiently drive people nuts. Today you're op, tomorrow that 'noob' is out everything-ing you... lol

it is a good idea. but not for WoW. could be good in some other mmorpgs

Deleted
    i like it!

WoW is not Diablo. Random is not fun.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

10+ Year Old Account
    Like battle pets. You could get a 13/11, 12/12, 11/13!

Incidentally, I had that happen on my shaman. I set up loot spec as enhancement, I got a bracer drop with Crit, I popped a coin and got the exact same item.... except the stat was mastery. That had me thinking that all gear wasn't really set in stone, as most of the gear in SoO has been spirit/crit, and seeing as that's crappy for Elemental, I've just been going for enhancement gear. If those items could potentially be haste/mastery instead.... woah.

I know that's a bit different from what you are suggesting, but it really is similar. Sort of like the timeless isle items. You really have no clue what that shit could be. Make 4 haste/mastery items and you are tickled, use your only burden of eternity and get just a huge chunk of spirit. Gee, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mousa View Post
    ....be from a range of values? Meaning, an item that now grants 1000 Agility could now grant a random number from lets say 700-1200! Diablo style, maybe? Numbers are random of course blablabla!
    Would you like it? Not? Why?

Dont immediately purge the idea, as its 7am here and Im bored. Its just a conversation starter!

(trying to figure out how to add a poll)
    No. This is horrible. There's enough RNG in this game without putting RNGin my RNG so I can rage while I rage.
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    The idea works for D3 simply because of the sheer volume of loot drops.. You can potentially farm several hundred pieces of the "same" pieces per day, until the one with perfect stats drop.

In WoW, it would never work, as you only have ONE chance per week for a specific piece dropping, and even then it might not even drop (remembering killing Majorhomo Fanny Staghelm in Firelands, before I got my staff).

Imagine the QQ, if you have to first battle RNG for the drop, then you battle your fellow raiders for getting that piece, and then it only have 700 of potentially 1200 agility? No thank you.. Every item with less than 1150 would be DE'ed because noone want sub-optimal loot.
    Actually, it just might work.
    In D3 it works because Items are COMPLETELY random. Meaning getting the absolute perfect weapon could take a long time. However. In D3 it works in a way that any item can have virtually any stat on itself. Meaning when the armor drops, the game rolls whether it will give you dexterity, strength, vitality or intellect. And then all the other stats.
    It could be made in WoW that an item has a preset stat on itself, only numbers varying. That means that you wouldn't have to worry for the leather set rolling with strength on it.
    It could also be made in such a way that secondary stats such as crit are chosen randomly. So you might get haste instead of crit.

I know it's hard to imagine such a system in World of Warcraft but I actually think that not only it might work, but it might also improve the game in a significant way. For example, it would kinda lessen the monotony of raiding for weeks upon weeks when you're in BiS gear with no reward.
    It would also be good if it was made that such items were viable but if you really wanted to minmax your char you'd keep grinding for the best stats possible.
    It would also mean that, seeing as how it is random, it would require bosses to drop more loot thus working around the once per week looting we have now.

If anything, I think this system would be kinda cool to implement for at least the lower difficulties of raiding such as LFR and normal/flex.

I think there might be potential in this but it would have to be worked out carefully and precisely.

Edit: or maybe the grinding hubs such as timeless isle could work in such a way? Because we already do have random stats on gear from rare mobs.
    And even though it's reached new heights, I rather like the restless nights. It makes me wonder, makes me think there's more to this, I'm on the brink. It's not the fear of what's beyond, it's just that I might not respond! I have an interest, almost craving, would I like to get to far in?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    WoW is not Diablo.
    Agree with this. But
    On the other hand
    Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    Random is not fun.
    it is exciting. Best thing in wow is TF/WF. When you see that tere is one such item in the boss loot you are more excited about it and you are more motivated to fight for it, will it be via dkp, ep, or just whine about it :P. This might also give the raids a longer life because it will be like 1% chance to get the item with max stats, meaning you will have a reason to visit the same raid over and over again, until new one is released.
    I personaly will be happy to have this rng thing on items or make it replace WF system. I must admit i will be more excited about items that drop, than WF ones, and will even be more excited if the item need some sort of "identification" a al Diablo to actualy see the stats on it - you have double excitment first if the item drop and second if it has better stats than the one you wear at the time EVEN if its the same one and it might kill you if its lower ofcourse but we all know that RNG is a bitch.
    Last edited by mmoc0c907153ea; 2013-11-15 at 01:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking terrible idea. Good luck getting into any decent guilds unless you have the best possible gear. The new RNG stats (Lifesteal etc..) are bad enough, this idea is even worse. Stop trying to turn WoW into Diablo.

No. Random rolls for various stats is a good way to avoid the "Get BiS then quit" playstyle we have now, random rolls with an almost unlimited variations of stats would just be enough to cause many people to question "Well the odds are I'm going to get something shit, so why bother?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    Fucking terrible idea. Good luck getting into any decent guilds unless you have the best possible gear. The new RNG stats (Lifesteal etc..) are bad enough, this idea is even worse. Stop trying to turn WoW into Diablo.
    I'm not trying to do anything like that! It was just an idea for discussion!
    Warlords of Draenor is what, 5 months away? 6? 7? Maybe more! Let's say 7! What are you doing for 7 months (raid wise) if you are done with Siege of Orgrimmar? Maybe that gives someone another motive to continue raiding the same content by feeling there is a potential reward for it! I don't know! As I said, it's just a blurry idea!