Thread: Tanks pride

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

Tanks pride

We just reached Sha of Pride today and plan on doing more work tomorrow and we've noticed that our tanks pride is reaching very high levels 1 time it was the cause of a wipe when we coulda had it any ideas as to what they're doing wrong?
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Most obvious answer would be Wounded Pride. This is a debuff where an immediate taunt is needed, not one 2 seconds later. They could also be tunnelling and be getting hit by the fissures which raise your pride by 5.

Khorm nailed it, taunting on Wounded Pride is a must! Also, the tanks needs to make sure they don't pull back aggro accidentally in the first taunt or two from attacking while the other tank gains vengeance.

The other thing to watch out for is making sure your tanks move when the pride attacks are cast (if their pride is high).

Deleted
    Indeed, you will be able to tell if one tanks pride just keeps rising, then your tanks aren't quick enough on the taunt.

10+ Year Old Account
    On that fight tanks need to be aware of every mechanic DPS do as well as taunts, which come about 4-5 seconds before any of his abilities except Imprison. And the taunt needs to be instant. Not 1 second later. Not 1 second early.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing which not mentioned is that - if a tank tanking Sha goes out of melee range, they will start getting pride until they stay out. So if they soak prisons the tank on Sha will always have to take the closest tile

could be either of these four. 1, not taunting quick enough on wounded pride. 2, getting hit by rift bolts. 3, getting hit by reaching attack, this happens when tank goes out of melee range of the boss while still having aggro. 4, standing in the small adds spawn pool when picking up adds

Slow taunts or standing in the void zones the rifts throw around are most likely the cause of this.

Deleted
    I think everyone here has summed it up pretty well, but in my experience delayed taunts on WP have been the main problem with too much Pride. Be snappy, and it should be easy

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    Slow taunts or standing in the void zones the rifts throw around are most likely the cause of this.
    I think the rifts are only on heroic, though it has been a long time since I've done normal.

Quote Originally Posted by felcommander View Post
    I think the rifts are only on heroic, though it has been a long time since I've done normal.
    You are only 6/14hm and you've done Sha on heroic twice. If you think 2 weeks ago is a long time...lol.

The rifts are only on heroic.
    Graviity

Yeah it sucks that one tank will suffer from increased pride because the other tank isn't very swift. On the other hand, if you're the type of crappy tank who keeps punching up big attacks after a taunt then you'll rip aggro back too early, and then you'll get the extra pride that you deserve. So I guess it works out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravityx View Post
    You are only 6/14hm and you've done Sha on heroic twice. If you think 2 weeks ago is a long time...lol.

The rifts are only on heroic.
    Why dont you put the elitist bullshit aside and try help the guy out?

I was starting progressing the boss yesterday, and seemed to be fine with pride (tanking) so maybe too slow taunts and standing in too many voidzones that add pride?