Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    I'm convinced they're trying to make as many people cancel.

1. Let's do an item squish and make people log in and freak out cause they feel weaker.
    2. Let's take away flying from them for 3 months. Did all those dailies to unlock your awesome onyx cloud serpent? Suck it up you won't be seeing it for awhile!
    3. Let's change your character and when you don't like it tell you to suck it up and pay to fix it!
    4. You like raiding in a 10m? Too bad! Go recruit an entire raid team or quit, we don't care!
    5. Removing gear customization cause that stuff is too hard gaiz!

It's interesting that they seem to like to try and piss off as many people they can at the start of expansions. Then they spend the rest of the expansion doing interviews saying they regret what they did. It's so weird. And we all know they aren't done. There will probably be two or three more announcements sure to drive even more people away.
    I think we would all be fine if you decided to cancel. While some of your complaints seem bad at first, ALL OF THEM have GREAT CONSEQUENCES. Convenience and all options isn't a good thing. Some things like item squishes are necessary, not to mention, you ALWAYS feel weaker in a new xpac.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    you have it backwards, son. the vocal minority are the ultrahardcore blizzard fans on these boards, while casuals, who will be impacted most by this change arent even here. thats why the polls (barely) show pro-change support, because you are in the vocal minority.
    Well, "son," I don't see how casuals would be impacted more by this, all players are subject to all changes.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let's see how all the no-flying-mounts people react when they have to pay exorbitant prices for ores or herbs... no potions / flasks... no blacksmith supplies... you will cry for mercy and beg for dailies to keep up with the gold you are going to spend on consumables...

10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    I have a feeling the entitled crowd is gunna get all worked up & complain about Flying Mounts like they did with Dailies in MoP & Cata Heriocs being to hard.
    then I guess people should go to the official forums and counter the arguments the vocal minority are making.. it's a good change and blizz need to see that we are all behind it

10+ Year Old Account
    All these people whining and complaining about no flying. I for one SUPPORT no flying till 6.1! I have been of the mindset that flying really hinders this game ever since it was added in BC. I gave it a fair chance and I still say to this day WoW would be a better game WITHOUT flying mounts. But its already been added and you can't put the genie back in the bottle, so to speak. The best thing they can do is limit/restrict it till a certain point, and this I approve of greatly.

I don't PvP hardly at all. I am strictly a PvE player, so no, I don't care about wPvP. My reasons for not wanting flying include world immersion, expansiveness of zones, and the world feeling dangerous again. Also its quite epic when you have to plan your route ala roadmap style instead of "get to certain height and fly afk in a straight line."

I might be in the minority here, but I can't be the only one who thinks the way I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    You know what's interesting? It's that people keep whining like little fucktards for the "old days" to come back. And when suddenly it becomes a less convenient game some other party will whine like little fucktards again.

What I get from this, is that this game isn't for everyone and it seems Blizzard just chose which crowd to keep.
    The playerbase is not a monolith, nostalgia goggles tend to be strapped on tight, etc. etc.

Connected realms on the 18th - is that Lightning's Blade US or Lightning's Blade EU?

10+ Year Old Account
    I love passionate people on any side of an argument. When you have something really bad happen to you in real life, you tend to not be such whiny little pussy about things, I know it did for me. And really, this is just a game. When a game feels like a job or stresses you out or makes you feel bad, it's time to step away.

This is actually why I don't raid anymore, a few years ago before I could drive, I'd play a lot more and raid and that was fine. I didn't like relying on people for anything, and yet liked being a spoiled princess. So sometimes I'm bored and log in and one annoying comment and I go full troll mode or I just log off. Not having flying in WoD is pretty much that. It's such a non-issue for me, that I can't possibly see why people get upset about it (to the level of that 3 paragraph poster with the blue response). I just... grow up already.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurich View Post
    isn't Blizzards reaction to ''why not make realms with older expansions on them (that's right I want my BC and WoTLK!)?'' that ''noone wants to be in the main city and spam for a group, noone wants to lose the perks that came with each new expansion'' ... but now they are taking flying mounts from us

yes newer expansions came with dungeon finder, with better graphics, many conveniences, ... but I personally would MUCH RATHER have the amazing old content back: the awesome raids (Ulduar, Sunwell, ...), I wouldn't mind losing some perks so that ppl would once again hang out in Dlaran and that my fav zones in Northrend wouldn't be completely empty. Now those awesome zones are just something you have to rush through to get to max lvl. And soon my 2nd fav continetn (Pandaria with it's beautiful zones) is gonna become irrelevant too.

Blizz you are down to 7.7m ... why not try that out, the content for that is ready made
    I'm sorry, did I miss the patch where they removed Ulduar and the Sunwell from the game? Or the patch where they disabled the ability to lock your experience so you remain at a certain level?

I've never understood the people who clamour for servers locked to old content. You have the ability to live in the past right now if you want to. Lock your experience at level 70 or 80, form a guild with others who have done the same, and go have fun in Sunwell or Ulduar. If you can't manage to drum up enough support to get this going... well, then maybe you have your answer for how popular old content servers would really be.

Good thing that they've alread tought on replacing the reforge npc on Yakk for the ilvl upgrade npc.

Unless they bring some new kind of in-game service, that's the best option since it matches the fact that I won't need to reforge anything anymore and, maybe not even enchant/gem each piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Animaneth View Post
    Let's see how all the no-flying-mounts people react when they have to pay exorbitant prices for ores or herbs... no potions / flasks... no blacksmith supplies... you will cry for mercy and beg for dailies to keep up with the gold you are going to spend on consumables...
    I'm pretty sure it's the crowd that resorts to buying those, rather than grinding their own materials, that is against no flying.
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.

I think if Blizzard mailed every player a 100$ bill, someone would wind up complaining about it. "why no 200$ blizz u fkin suck!"

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    In reality, the whiners about no flying till 6.1 are the vocal minority. MMO Champ already has polls showing favor to no flying so in reality, it's not a problem, it's just the whiners whining too much.

Cant wait for the next expac!
    except that, not everyone who plays wow, comes to mmo champion, so you can't claim its the vocal minority who dislikes the flying change.

Quote Originally Posted by zshikara View Post
    All these people whining and complaining about no flying. I for one SUPPORT no flying till 6.1! I have been of the mindset that flying really hinders this game ever since it was added in BC. I gave it a fair chance and I still say to this day WoW would be a better game WITHOUT flying mounts. But its already been added and you can't put the genie back in the bottle, so to speak. The best thing they can do is limit/restrict it till a certain point, and this I approve of greatly.

I don't PvP hardly at all. I am strictly a PvE player, so no, I don't care about wPvP. My reasons for not wanting flying include world immersion, expansiveness of zones, and the world feeling dangerous again. Also its quite epic when you have to plan your route ala roadmap style instead of "get to certain height and fly afk in a straight line."

I might be in the minority here, but I can't be the only one who thinks the way I do.
    I rather like the waiting period they're introducing. It should make world PvP interesting for a bit while the masses level up. I fully sympathize with the guy talking about alts, though. The tome system in Wrath was fantastic, and I'd love to see it introduced in a future patch for seasoned altoholics.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I don't see how casuals would be impacted more by this, all players are subject to all changes.
    Actually, casuals will be hit hardest by this. Hardcore players can spend the time on the quest line to unlock flight and still have time for other things. Casuals don't have as much time to devote to things like that. Casuals are also less likely to keep up with WoW news, so they'll be less likely to be ready for the end of the quest come 6.1. That means more work getting flying when the hardcores have prepared. This is true especially when you take into consideration alts, unless the unlock is account wide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Animaneth View Post
    You are forgetting that core of the no-flying-mounts people have already farmed mats in vanilla with no flying, pvp server, having to "farm" single node multiple times to get everything in it and even killing mobs around them took twice as long. I think the cry will come from completely another direction.

BTW, those who are expecting/fearing that casuals will roar about this when they finally get to 100, Blizzard is confident about this change, because casual feedback about no flying in timeless has been great. Many of these guys also dont care about potions, gems and such. Immersion is much more important. So this actually is a sort of a win-win, where casuals win, the true hardcore win, and the lazy wannabe-hc population will whine.

Deleted
    The thing that bothers me isn't even to do with the new expansion. It's literally the fact that they're connecting well populated realms together, when they need to do it to empty ones like Sunstrider...

Every argument against flying is a complete and utter failure. On a PvE server, someone who wants to rush through the content and get to the end as quickly as possible, has to have something they want to do removed from them. So they have to pay, while everyone else gets what they want? No, that's not fair at all. The only option is leaving flying in, and letting people decide what they want to do and how to play. That way if someone wants to rush, they still can, while everyone else can look at the "pretty" virtual environment or take their time.

Deleted
    Are the Realm Connections EU or US ? Normally there is always a European or American Flag up at the Post :/ would really hope for EU Anub'arak Merge! :>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    Every argument against flying is a complete and utter failure. On a PvE server, someone who wants to rush through the content and get to the end as quickly as possible, has to have something they want to do removed from them. So they have to pay, while everyone else gets what they want? No, that's not fair at all. The only option is leaving flying in, and letting people decide what they want to do and how to play. That way if someone wants to rush, they still can, while everyone else can look at the "pretty" virtual environment or take their time.
    Your logic is complete and utter failure. What if I want to kill every mob with 1 skill and get all the best raiding gear free from vendor. I'm paying for the game, right? If someone wants to take their time to raid and put in the time and effort to get that gear they still can.

- - - Updated - - -

Though the example is not fair, because when you scoop down with your flying mount to take the nodes, nobody else can get them. But when I get all the BiS gear from vendor day 1, nothing important was lost, because immersion is not important in game, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    "No no no no no. I have paid what? something like 100,000 gold to buy flight for all my alts? You make us pay more gold to learn to fly in new zones and now you're taking this away from us? "

I paid just as much for riding skills "back in the day" as today while gold wasn't as available as it is now. That when you hit max level you have 20k gold from questing only.
    You actually had to farm the gold instead of having it automatically from questing. As a new player I wasn't even able to buy basic riding skills without having to get gold from somewhere unlike now. And it took me quite some time to get 5k gold for my epic flying skill during TBC while now I just buy it instantly as soon as I ding max level without the help of other characters.

So yeah I agree, spoiled. If I had children and they complained like some people here... that's really not going to fly.

I don't even understand why it matters if you fly, ride or walk as long as it's fun. If it's about the gold, everyone paid for it and we have never been able to fly straight away in a new expansion except cataclysm for very good reasons...

- - - Updated - - -

You heard about connected realms by now I hope. They are actually trying to fix this right now...

Also, having to PvP on a PvP server. Logic?

- - - Updated - - -

I support it too. You will experience the content much better and you will have a lot more fun that way.
    Sometimes they just have to force players to do something to make it work out.
    Just because something is easier now doesn't make you spoiled, dingus.

People used to hunt for their meals. Oh now you go to the store to get food? YOU SIR ARE SPOILED.

Unbelievable how far fanboys will go to justify having features being taken away from them. Having a long ass chain of quests to get flying back? Might as well call them dailies.
    Last edited by ihyln; 2013-11-15 at 03:39 PM.