Black Friday Build

Hey guys! So I'm finally upgrading my computer. I want a desktop and I'm really not interested in building it because I don't have enough time or any idea how.

So I found this:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-deskt...specifications

If you guys have any suggestions as to other ones, or if you think this one is good, please let me know!
    That's what Gamon wants you, No, needs you to believe. Because Gamon is not the hero we deserve, but the hero we need.

Deleted
    It's pretty much terrible. No idea what the use of the computer will be so it's kinda hard to tell you how it's going to work for your needs.

• Budget
    • Resolution
    • Games / Settings Desired
    • Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    • Country
    • Parts that can be reused
    • Do you need an OS?
    • Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?

Even if you're not building it yourself some of these questions are still relevant.

Building it yourself isn't hard at all, I can understand your worry about not being able to do it or screw something up but trust me it's not bad at all.

Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 1 - Choosing Your Components
    Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 2 - The Build
    Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 3 - Installing Windows & Finishing Touches

Do you not ever have a few hours to spare? If not do you not know anyone who could maybe help you?

I'm looking for a computer for gaming and just general office work.

My price range is up to about 550.
    That's what Gamon wants you, No, needs you to believe. Because Gamon is not the hero we deserve, but the hero we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Greektoast View Post
    I'm looking for a computer for gaming and just general office work.

My price range is up to about 550.
    What games?
    What settings?
    What Resolution?
    What country do you live in?
    Do you need any peripherals?

These are all important questions, even if you're not planning on building it yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have an older Dell Inspirion Slim-line with a Pentium processor. I’m running 8GB of memory and I put in a Radeon HD 4700 series 512mb graphics card it runs WoW just fine. My frame rates are around 45-60 fps and I never have a problem with lag. If all you play is Warcraft then get the Dell Inspiron for $429 Best Buy is advertising and spend $80 - $125 on a decent graphics card with at least 512mb of on board memory:

Just my 2 cents worth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lordsphinx View Post
    What games?
    What settings?
    What Resolution?
    What country do you live in?
    Do you need any peripherals?

These are all important questions, even if you're not planning on building it yourself.
    Assuming US, if you check the Best Buy link in the OP. Agreed though on the importance of the questions.

- - - Updated - - -

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($121.97 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: MSI B85M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($64.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($38.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.00 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card ($85.38 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.72 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Antec 450W ATX Power Supply ($34.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($95.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $541.00
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-16 09:28 EST-0500)

If you feel you can afford it swap to 8GB RAM like this:

Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB)