Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    For people wanting to see Undead and Gnome Paladins, here is why having Priest for a race does not guarantee having Paladin. Priests bind light and darkness within a psychic/mental context and NOT necessarily through faith and zeal towards an ideal like a Paladin does. For example, Forsaken Priests usually grasp the Shadow and figure out the counter-balance as a means of knowing both sides of the coin. Being a Paladin means that one is entirely devoted to holiness rather than the Light in general, therefore bearing the traits of the Light as a creed, instead of an "element" of its own.

In other words, Priests get attuned to their domains and they may not be a zealous avatars of their creed like Paladins are. However, I would like to see a darker side of Paladins, especially one applied to the Forsaken. One of my greatest RP fantasies is to see the Forsaken treat crusaders the same way that they themselves were treated...by judging and smiting crusaders.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    Lorelol...Lore can't explain a orc child wanting to be a druid or something else. Using lore as a reason to not put something in is ridiculous.
    Undead druid. How's that to you?

Tauren Rogue's would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Undead druid. How's that to you?
    New lore can depict ANYTHING. The Undead Druid idea sounds one of the most appealing ones to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd go Alliance for a Draenei Warlock.

Deleted
    Draenei Druids would be a dream come true. They could work it into the lore of Draenor somehow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    New lore can depict ANYTHING. The Undead Druid idea sounds one of the most appealing ones to me.
    Err... I specifically made undead druid an example of the most nonsensical combination. He's dead, as in "not alive". An undead simply cannot connect to nature. Because you have to be alive and part of it in order to connect to nature, AFAIK.

Err... I specifically made undead druid an example of the most nonsensical combination. He's dead, as in "not alive". An undead simply cannot connect to nature. Because you have to be alive and part of it in order to connect to nature, AFAIK.
    Same thing could be said about Undead Priests, yet there is an explanation for both sides of it. What if there is lore similar to the Blood Knights' initial concept that considers Undead Druids to be the ones who genetically manipulate nature and can apply mutations to themselves, followed by in depth lore showing how they could actually come in touch with life/nature?

I am not saying that it is based on any current lore or that we are likely to see it any time soon. All you have to know is that Blizz decides and it gets done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blight druid.

Vol'jin grows concerned about all the unintended freedom that Sylvanas has enjoyed while the Horde tried to tear itself apart, and so sends investigators to Undercity. There they find that the Forsaken have taken prisoners from among the Nelves and Grimtotem to study, searching for a way to counteract the druid abilities tat are anathema to their undead forms. The investigators only realize too late that some of the "grimtotem" look decidedly similar to Horde tauren reported MIA or KIA, and as they attempt to flee back to Orgrimmar with this news, they run into a cabal of Blight Druids. Instead of finding the weaknesses of druid mysticism they were searching for, they found that they could access the must virulent and cancerous parts of life itself, and twist the druid's arts with necromancy and fleshcraft. Where the druid is the verdant and healthy healing of life, they are the cancerous growth of tumor and sickness; Where the druid is balance and equilibrium, they are infection and pandemic; Where the druid can flow between forms of nature, they force their bodies to twist and shift through surgery, necromancy, and sheer malevolent will. They have become the pure opposite of all the druid are, they have become death.

Druid abilities and their zombie alternatives would mechanically be the exact same (ie 30% nature damage is 30% nature damage), but flavor wise where a druids Wrath is the wild mystic forces of nature attacking the target at the druid's behest, the Forsaken "blight druid"s would be necromantic energy warping and twisting the target in unnatural ways.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not understand why Worgen cannot be Paladins. Can someone explain the lore reason?

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why there are racial restrictions on any classes bar DKS to be honest. Just because orcs aren't a druidic society, doesn't mean that individual orcs can't pursue druidism.
    Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

a handful of individuals isn't enough. Otherwise Night Elf Warlocks would've been playable from Classic.
    The thing is though, we are all playing individuals, it seems like the reasons behind restrictions are just a bit too flimsy to carry any weight.
    Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

nature rejects undead and light hurts them
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor