Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Big unannounced feature?

Taken from the front page:
    The big unannounced feature was really two features. One was cancelled and one was delayed until WoD. Ghostcrawler will let us know when it is added though!
    Let the speculation begin!

10+ Year Old Account
    Legendaries transmog or gtfo

Deleted
    Well,that explains the reason they said "the big unannounced feature is really what you get in 5.4,just pick the one you like most and there you go.".
    I don't know,maybe the new armor system being talked about currently?

Ehrn, sounds like Garrisons to me.

Bring on garrisons, and lower the mob density. Make mobs matter beyond skinning/enchanting/money.

If I had to guess I'd say the cancelled feature is the Timewalking/low level scaling (it's in the game kinda, but I haven't seen them mention anything about it for WoD and you'd think that would have been a major selling point) and the delayed was either flexible scaling of Normal (in which case boo this should have been top priority to add, even if it delayed WoD; the benefit would be HUGE) or maybe Trial of the Gladiator (doubtful as I don't recall them saying the big unannounced feature was PVP related)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Araron View Post
    Well,that explains the reason they said "the big unannounced feature is really what you get in 5.4,just pick the one you like most and there you go.".
    I don't know,maybe the new armor system being talked about currently?
    wouldn't that defeat the object of Unidentified? we already know bits about that.
    I personally hope it will be something worthwhile, they might realize they have not exactly pushed the boatout so far with features

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    Legendaries transmog or gtfo
    I actually laughed at that one.

I think it's dungeons/raids which are making your gear worse to do them at the proper difficult(challenge modes).

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    If I had to guess I'd say the cancelled feature is the Timewalking/low level scaling (it's in the game kinda, but I haven't seen them mention anything about it for WoD and you'd think that would have been a major selling point) and the delayed was either flexible scaling of Normal (in which case boo this should have been top priority to add, even if it delayed WoD; the benefit would be HUGE) or maybe Trial of the Gladiator (doubtful as I don't recall them saying the big unannounced feature was PVP related)
    They mentioned as much, only limiting to mount choice.

Rescaling might be fun, but only if we can still faceroll Baron Rivendare solo for his stupid ground mount horse. Oh, I'll chase it. But once I get it, game over.
    Last edited by FunkyRaccoon; 2013-11-16 at 12:41 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    What I fear? groan....facebook connectivity in game.

What I wish it was: role change and spec mod through glyphs, yah the whole shabang.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    Taken from the front page:

Let the speculation begin!
    Well the key parts of that line are that one is cancelled and other is delayed until WoD. The other key part is he'll let us know when it's added. So they could've mentioned it already but since it's not in game and finished it wasn't "announced".

I'm going to guess the WoD feature he's referring to is Garrison as I can't see the Squish or Stat removal as a "big" feature they'd want people to enjoy. As for what it could be? The new "armor system" that was mentioned, transmogging book, perhaps the Ale BG.

Probably the Timewalker feature. I hope they use this to scale old raids cause that would be pretty cool, but it could be a lot of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post

What I wish it was: role change and spec mod through glyphs, yah the whole shabang.
    And fascist book sucks. Want to demand cell phone ownership, just to get permabanned for participating in Draw Mohammed Day? yeah, screw religiousfascisfantbook.

No, I'm an atheist who doesn't care what your god demands. Go live where your kind is a majority and quit whining.

Is the reason I support apartheid flying-no flying style servers.

Keep on topic please.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-11-16 at 03:31 PM.

"speculation" assumes you have something to speculate on.

the sentence you quoted could mean they are going to add a pink pony in place of your character's frame

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    I hope not since if you were around 2010, blizzard was going to introduce a feature to show your real name on the forums which resulted in over 20,000 QQ threads for blizzard to cancel that feature. Though, it could be a possibility since everything nowadays is call connected to social networks.

OT; Cancelled feature as someone has mentioned most likely is the timewalkers one and the other is garrisons since keep in mind that interview is before blizzcon.

Both features are flying mounts.

Apaerthied is good when applied properly.

I demand more apartheid between pvp and pve servers. Let pvpers walk, I want to fly.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkyRaccoon View Post
    And fascist book sucks. Want to demand cell phone ownership, just to get permabanned for participating in Draw Mohammed Day? yeah, screw religiousfascisfantbook.

No, I'm an atheist who doesn't care what your god demands. Go live where your kind is a majority and quit whining.

Is the reason I support apartheid flying-no flying style servers.
    Are you okay bro? Was it a tired moment? Stressful day? reading fail? Shopping at the 'outdoor pharmacy'? Or just straight up crazy?
    Other then the word 'facebook', your quote and reply have absolutely nothing to do with anything I mentioned.
    I really don't know who shat in your bowl of cornflakes this morning but I promise, it sure wasn't me.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

It seems pretty obvious one of these was scaled content, most likely delayed until they can find proper rewards.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    I hope not since if you were around 2010, blizzard was going to introduce a feature to show your real name on the forums which resulted in over 20,000 QQ threads for blizzard to cancel that feature. Though, it could be a possibility since everything nowadays is call connected to social networks.

OT; Cancelled feature as someone has mentioned most likely is the timewalkers one and the other is garrisons since keep in mind that interview is before blizzcon.
    Yes I do remember that, hence my groan at the thought of facebook connectivity in game.
    Like, it sounds just shitty enough that it could be tried.
    It's hardly a new angle, and it still looks like it's shit-flavored to me
    Fingers crossed for something good and not that lol