Looking for a monitor with sharp vivid color

So about a month ago I ordered a dell UH2312HM I believe it is, the colors were pretty good for the most part but if colors were dark I felt like the monitor was just too dark even on full brightness. I think it had something to do with the matte finish/antiglare thing it has going on with it. With that said I was looking into a few monitors and I can't seem to find one that I really like I want a monitor that looks sharp and vivid like a retina display on a macbook pro and not sacrifice it for anti-glare which is not an issue in my room.

Let me know what you guys think would be good options your thoughts onif the dell UH2312HM was just darker and if I should try the VS238 Asus monitor or a Benq TN panel. It seems only TN panels (glossy specifically) are the ones without the matte/anti-glare so yeah let me know!

TL;DR Matte finish monitors too dark? Not bright enough/vivid enough want something similar to a retina display on a macbook pro.

Deleted
    Budget for this?

If you're looking for good colour, pick an IPS panel.

Do not go TN.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    If you're looking for good colour, pick an IPS panel.

Do not go TN.
    That is his issue, most IPS comes with the anti-glare coating.

Yeah it seems like from what I read IPS come as Matte which goes hand in hand with anti-glare. It feels like it washes out colors although
    some did look very nice it just wasn't what I wanted.

Deleted
    250? what currency

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    250? what currency
    USD I could maybe go up to 300

Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Indeed glossy and looks decent enough. Haven't had time to look for anything else just remember if you do end up buying this there is no DP or HDMI port and only a VGA cable with it so you wanna buy a DVI cable as well.

Also maybe wait for BF/CM sales.

Alright cool I'll probably end up getting that there aren't many glossy out there and Matte is just too dark for me even low light games.