Thread: Gimped in wpvp

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Gimped in wpvp

Since top of the line pve gear outperforms pvp gear in pve, it makes no sense that top of the line pvp gear fails in comparison to top of the line pve gear in wpvp.

The Devs do not care about world pvp hence why PVP gear is only better in instanced.

I enjoy pve gear being better in world pvp, it gives me a reason to raid again. And adds variety in difficulty to the players I encounter, and gives me the power to fight against unfair numbers.

Names have fear tied to them if they are known heroic raiders, its like old school wow, I love it, besides gearing in pve is more fun than gearing in pvp.

keep in mind even if base resil didn't exist the ilvl difference would still allow heroic raiders to gib you on a gank rather easily

10+ Year Old Account
    It does make sense. Pve gear actually requires time and effort to get. Let's be honest, pvp gear is welfare gear. Anyone can cap points each week and in two months get full 522 pvp gear.

The way it was before was retarded. People who would be out in the world with pve gear (its better than pvp gear against pve mobs duh) and do solo crap (dailies, timeless else ect) would be at a huge disadvantage against some idiot like me who got some free welfare pvp gear by just logging on once a week to grab some points. Not to mention that before MoP pvp gear was actually on par with normal raiding gear. Just imagine if you were some pve player who just did LFR only. Well you would be at a disadvantage against someone in pvp gear in a PVE ENCOUNTER This is why the steps were taken to add pvp power and put pvp gear below LFR.

To put it in a RP perspective, how the hell does a dragon slaying hero who has conquered the highest tiers of content lose easily to some guy that just fights as a freelance gladiator. This is why Blizzard is keeping the change. They don't admit it, but they want the dragonslayer to have the advantage over the freelance gladiator because to them, it makes sense in a RP perspective which is what this game is based on.

Blizzard has already stated that they want pvp to still be attached to the RP mechanics of pve. It's just what they want as game developers. I know most of you want pvp COMPLETELY seperate from pve, but its just not going to happen because the developers do not like that idea. They don't like it, which means it won't happen.

I mean just imagine right now if they reverted the resil change, people who have both 556 pve gear and 522 pvp gear would have to be forced to use their pvp gear in case they get attacked. Well that sucks, I guess you can't use your pve gear in open world where 90% of the time you would be up against pve enemies.

Everyone here just needs to admit and get over the fact that the old way of things were insane. I don't raid, but I actually agree with Blizzard here.

your reasoning and information is completely wrong on so many levels, none of the changes had world pvp in mind and solely on making it easier for raiders to start in competitive pvp, and then the balancing of the after effects in ensure high socketed pve items wouldn't be better then actual pvp gear in instance pvp.

but what is stupid pvp gear not being the best pvp gear no matter the situation of pvp. and welfare gear you can't get more welfare then lfr, tab in drop healing rain/stream tab out, 10 sec later repeat till loot; oh look #1 or 2 on the healing meters-gg

GC only cares about dragon slayers, since this is primarily a pve game. The baseline resilience and pve gear outperforming pvp gear outside pvp instances is yet more cattering to the dragon slayers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    It does make sense. Pve gear actually requires time and effort to get. Let's be honest, pvp gear is welfare gear. Anyone can cap points each week and in two months get full 522 pvp gear.

The way it was before was retarded. People who would be out in the world with pve gear (its better than pvp gear against pve mobs duh) and do solo crap (dailies, timeless else ect) would be at a huge disadvantage against some idiot like me who got some free welfare pvp gear by just logging on once a week to grab some points. Not to mention that before MoP pvp gear was actually on par with normal raiding gear. Just imagine if you were some pve player who just did LFR only. Well you would be at a disadvantage against someone in pvp gear in a PVE ENCOUNTER This is why the steps were taken to add pvp power and put pvp gear below LFR.

To put it in a RP perspective, how the hell does a dragon slaying hero who has conquered the highest tiers of content lose easily to some guy that just fights as a freelance gladiator. This is why Blizzard is keeping the change. They don't admit it, but they want the dragonslayer to have the advantage over the freelance gladiator because to them, it makes sense in a RP perspective which is what this game is based on.

Blizzard has already stated that they want pvp to still be attached to the RP mechanics of pve. It's just what they want as game developers. I know most of you want pvp COMPLETELY seperate from pve, but its just not going to happen because the developers do not like that idea. They don't like it, which means it won't happen.

I mean just imagine right now if they reverted the resil change, people who have both 556 pve gear and 522 pvp gear would have to be forced to use their pvp gear in case they get attacked. Well that sucks, I guess you can't use your pve gear in open world where 90% of the time you would be up against pve enemies.

Everyone here just needs to admit and get over the fact that the old way of things were insane. I don't raid, but I actually agree with Blizzard here.
    Well said!

Id also like to add in world PVP its about equal. What i mean when i say that is, the pvp power trumps alot of stats, and will simply eat thru the base resilience a PvE player has. Where as the massive stat gains on pve gear from the top, will make it about the same as if they had pvp power. It does balance out, it is no way one sided.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayp View Post
    Well said!

Id also like to add in world PVP its about equal. What i mean when i say that is, the pvp power trumps alot of stats, and will simply eat thru the base resilience a PvE player has. Where as the massive stat gains on pve gear from the top, will make it about the same as if they had pvp power. It does balance out
    gear scaling the way it is pvp gear doesn't even match up to flex ilvl let alone normal or heroic.

Well said!

Id also like to add in world PVP its about equal. What i mean when i say that is, the pvp power trumps alot of stats, and will simply eat thru the base resilience a PvE player has. Where as the massive stat gains on pve gear from the top, will make it about the same as if they had pvp power. It does balance out, it is no way one sided.
    *cough*bullshit*cough*

A dragon slayer most definitely has A LOT more hp than a pvp-er. Think like a pvp-er having 425k and a dragon slayer having 600k-800k (seen some warlock with this) and your pvp power won't allow you to chew through that bastard fast enough before he kills you. Also, a dragon slayer's gear will have MUCH more of the main dps stat (strengh, agility, etc) trumping your silly pvp power in performance.

So no, it doesn't fucking balance out.
    Last edited by Molestron; 2013-11-05 at 08:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    gear scaling the way it is pvp gear doesn't even match up to flex ilvl let alone normal or heroic.
    You're thinking way to much in ilvl terms rather then viable stats. Its not raiding, ilvl between the 2 different gears cant be compared. 8 int missing from PvE gear from a lack of upgrade wont effect players, but if that were pvp power....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    *cough*bullshit*cough*

A dragon slayer most definitely has A LOT more hp than a pvp-er. Think like a pvp-er having 425k and a dragon slayer having 600k-800k (seen some warlock with this). Also, a dragon slayer's gear will have MUCH more of the main dps stat (strengh, agility, etc) trumping your silly pvp power in performance.

Course it does balance out. Got mostly normal / hc gear on my toon and can just about stand toe to toe vs a fucking good pvp warrior friend of mine. I switch to pvp gear and i trash him.

Quote Originally Posted by Phossage View Post
    Since top of the line pve gear outperforms pvp gear in pve, it makes no sense that top of the line pvp gear fails in comparison to top of the line pve gear in wpvp.
    Because if i ass woop Garrosh, Deathwing, LK, KJ, etc. i sure as hell shouldnt be defeated by some person who spent his life fighting arena battles from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Itakas View Post
    Because if i ass woop Garrosh, Deathwing, LK, KJ, etc. i sure as hell shouldnt be defeated by some person who spent his life fighting arena battles from time to time.
    You ass whoop Garrosh as a part of a group. Often a pretty damn big group. It's perfectly reasonable to lose as an individual to one who is a skilled gladiator. If you beat Garrosh all by yourself, then yeah, it wouldn't make sense to lose a regular person but you didn't beat Garrosh alone, did you ?

You're thinking way to much in ilvl terms rather then viable stats. Its not raiding, ilvl between the 2 different gears cant be compared. 8 int missing from PvE gear from a lack of upgrade wont effect players, but if that were pvp power....

- - - Updated - - -

Course it does balance out. Got mostly normal / hc gear on my toon and can just about stand toe to toe vs a fucking good pvp warrior friend of mine. I switch to pvp gear and i trash him.
    we are talking world pvp situation, where flex+ gear has vastly more stats then 8 or so.

TLDR I cant gank ppl anymore because they can actually fight back, even when i catch them off guard while they are fishing

How close am i ?

Quote Originally Posted by Therealmagoo View Post
    TLDR I cant gank ppl anymore because they can actually fight back, even when i catch them off guard while they are fishing

How close am i ?
    not even in the same continent

How close am i ?
    TLDR. Blizzard throws more candy my way and now I can actually gank pvp-ers cause my gear makes me better than them. 350k chaos bolts in wpvp, HOOOOOO!!

How close am I ?

You ass whoop Garrosh as a part of a group. Often a pretty damn big group. It's perfectly reasonable to lose as an individual to one who is a skilled gladiator. If you beat Garrosh all by yourself, then yeah, it wouldn't make sense to lose a regular person but you didn't beat Garrosh alone, did you ?
    Even tho you do make a point there, a skilled gladiator wouldnt attack a person he knew would defeat him or would only attack the person when the win is heavly in his favor. So if a person attacks someone and loses in wpvp it means he wasnt a skilled gladiator, because he didnt attack at the right moment or missjudged his target.

Ok now for real, well the thing with wpvp is that its ment to be unbalanced and unfair, since in world everyone meets. From lvling alts to full geared pve and pvp players and if you cant beat someone because of something in a strait up fight, get a friend, wait for him to pull more then needed etc. I have seen lvl 85 ppl with mop gear beat lvl 90s with lfr gear etc, so no i dont think that gear is rly the big issue in here, since how often can you meet a full hc geared person roaming out in world. Think more of the issue is that wpvp is different from other types of pvp and often ppl who are used and good in arena or bgs dont realise its not the same to fight in bgs/arena and in wpvp.

Well said!

Compare PvP geared fire mage to PvE geared fire mage.
    Some classes NEED high ratings(crit for fire) to be able to do their dps

- - - Updated - - -

*cough*bullshit*cough*

A dragon slayer most definitely has A LOT more hp than a pvp-er. Think like a pvp-er having 425k and a dragon slayer having 600k-800k (seen some warlock with this) and your pvp power won't allow you to chew through that bastard fast enough before he kills you. Also, a dragon slayer's gear will have MUCH more of the main dps stat (strengh, agility, etc) trumping your silly pvp power in performance.

A friend got a mix of 522 valor gear and 528 lfr gear, with 1 or 2 535s from timeless as a GoSac destro lock, that is 830k health(full heroic gear is def over 1m, probably up towards 1.2m) as well as hitting reliably 50k+ with incinerate and conflag against a player with pvp trinket set bonus thats 2 instants and 6 1second casts and you drop below 20% and start taking 100k shadowburns(instant cast) to the face... And that is assuming no cooldowns used

- - - Updated - - -

How close am i ?
    More like TLDR: I spend all my time gearing FOR PvP and got no chance, no matter how well i play, to beat somebody who doesn't care about PvP

Don't you think raiders would cry if PvP gear was a 20%+ increase to dps in raids?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itakas View Post
    Think more of the issue is that wpvp is different from other types of pvp and often ppl who are used and good in arena or bgs dont realise its not the same to fight in bgs/arena and in wpvp.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Compare PvP geared fire mage to PvE geared fire mage.
    Some classes NEED high ratings(crit for fire) to be able to do their dps
    That is more class imbalance more then anything, arguably a frost mage will perform extremely well in either pvp or pve gear simply because thats how it is built.

A friend got a mix of 522 valor gear and 528 lfr gear, with 1 or 2 535s from timeless as a GoSac destro lock, that is 830k health(full heroic gear is def over 1m, probably up towards 1.2m) as well as hitting reliably 50k+ with incinerate and conflag against a player with pvp trinket set bonus thats 2 instants and 6 1second casts and you drop below 20% and start taking 100k shadowburns(instant cast) to the face... And that is assuming no cooldowns used
    Gona have to call bs on this. Im in basically full 561 ilvl gear and with just my buff can scrape past 700k hp as a Dest lock. and if i cant kill someone in my raid gear in 2 globals, neither can your buddy and i hit much much harder than him. It takes a half decent player to lock down a dest lock since we can no longer move.

Don't you think raiders would cry if PvP gear was a 20%+ increase to dps in raids?
    Wouldnt care, might be a good thing to skip lower LFR's. It will probs put you slightly under par with LFR gear, assuming you reforge out of every stat you can to even reach the hit cap.