Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterpewn View Post
    For the billionth time:
    The final boss will not be an orc. Chris Metzen said so himself.
    He also said that Pandaria was just a little pit stop, and then the plot would be back on track afterwards.

My guess is they planned for it to be an orc, but realized that would piss everybody off, so now the hamster wheels are turning over at the lore department and they are probably trying to make up a "big epic baddie" as we speak.

I'm guessing it's probably Archimonde, Mannoroth, Kil'jaeden.

Also: Half Life 3 Confirmed.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Bolvar.

Think about it. He and Ner'Zhul could have so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Peterpewn View Post
    For the billionth time:
    The final boss will not be an orc. Chris Metzen said so himself.
    He said the final boss would not be GARROSH, I do not recall him ever saying it would not be an ORC. In fact when someone asked "Who the last boss was" the reply (from Dave Kosak I believe) was Grommash. His father.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    He said the final boss would not be GARROSH, I do not recall him ever saying it would not be an ORC. In fact when someone asked "Who the last boss was" the reply (from Dave Kosak I believe) was Grommash. His father.
    Well then you need to watch the panels again. He specifically said it would not be an orc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    A sticky really needs to be made about how that was sarcastic

My money is on Medivh. Medivh of Universe B's Azeroth is probably still in contact with Gul'dan, and probably fairly goddamned pissed off that his plan to destroy our clockwork universe and all that didn't quite pan out the way he planned. Also, Medivh at this point in history was also inhabited by the spirit of Sargeras. Not at his full power, naturally, but.. well, I'd personally much rather something like that then getting to fight Kil'jaeden again. Even if KJ grows some legs, Ragnaros style.

Wouldn't be too much of a stretch for the world's most powerful mage ever to rip himself over to Draenor to see just what the bloody hell is going on with his master plan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    We fight one Orc and people freak out. I love this fanbase.
    This.

For years I've heard crying about wanting another shot at WC1-3 lore. People finally get an alternative (literally) and FREAK THE F'OUT! =/

Guessing Kil'Jaeden. WoD seems like a throw back to all the oldschool Draenor characters including Velen. Fighting a corrupted Draenei lord would be a lot more eventful than an instance of separate Orc Chieftains.

Quote Originally Posted by Vren View Post
    This.

For years I've heard crying about wanting another shot at WC1-3 lore. People finally get an alternative (literally) and FREAK THE F'OUT! =/
    It's not the alternative that's pissing people off it's the poorly thought out manor of it. Basically 0 point in us following garrosh, we could just as easily seal them out of our dimension forever. Considering our mages and warlocks have far more knowledge of portals as a benefit of experience using them, than anybody on draenor could have.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Another snippit from Blizzcon said that we will get an ending to Garrosh's story that is satisfying to both us AND him. The only way I can see that happening is that he dies fighting a common enemy. Killing his father is not going to be satisfying to him at all. The Iron Horde is not the be all end all of threats on dreanor.

EDIT: I thought medivh for a bit, and while I think he still a possibility, I think its going to be someone from this current timeline. If its someone from the past then the overall story doesn't move forward at all for an entire expansion, but if its someone from the present we actually get real storyline. And its clearly flowing into the next expansion, so the storyline has to move forward at some point during the expansion.
    Last edited by Vongimi; 2013-11-17 at 04:27 AM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Your going to fight garrosh again but he won't be the last boss. Odds are it will be Grom and that will lead into a burning legion expac and the return of illidan.

Or there might not be a final boss, the last patch of WoD could look like this

-Lots of epics in your farms.
    -Farming in your garrisons will bring you legendary loots.
    -Blizzard team is playing Heroes of the Storm and are no longer providing services for WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Considering our mages and warlocks have far more knowledge of portals as a benefit of experience using them, than anybody on draenor could have.
    Even a time dragon and his mysterious employer?

Quote Originally Posted by Suns View Post
    Guessing Kil'Jaeden. WoD seems like a throw back to all the oldschool Draenor characters including Velen. Fighting a corrupted Draenei lord would be a lot more eventful than an instance of separate Orc Chieftains.
    This will happen I think. Kil'jaeden isn't going to just bounce because the orcs don't bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    it's gonna be kaelthas for the 17th time
    And not a single "merely a setback" reference yet to be found in this thread =(

Those new-gen punks, no respect for the elderly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killington View Post
    Anyone have any ideas what the final boss for WoD will be? If it's another Orc, personally, I will be mega disappointed. Even worse, what if it's Grommash Hellscream? So we just fought one orc, Hellscreams son, and now we go into another xpac to fight another orc....the father of the previous orc /faceplam if this happens. Maybe the xpac after WoD we can fight Garrosh's grandfather and keep going back until we wipe out ALL of his ancestors xpac after xpac!

Are there no bigger threats to Azeroth than more fucking Orcs? So any big lore nerds out there have any idea what the next final boss for this new xpac will be?
    I am willing to bet it is the guy on the timeless isle that we have been giving all the epoch stones too, that sends garrosh back, is the traitor, and will be the final boss of WoD

I hope we don't get another HUMAN end boss.... I mean FFS. Vanilla WoW, Kel'thuzad was a human who became a Lich, BC was a Demon(Illidan or Kil'jaeden however you look at it), WotLK, Arthas was a HUMAN and became the Lich King, Cataclysm we got a dragon, and in Mists we got an Orc. But my god I will be livid if we get another ORC!

....kind of silly to argue about this yes? And before people argue that LK and Kel'thuzad don't count as humans because they were changed or absorbed power or something.... please explain what on earth Garrosh did to become that Old God infused purple monstrosity.
    "You will bend to my will... with or without your precious sanity!

People need to stop with this "final boss" shit. MoP didn't even have a "final boss" *gasp* The thunder king and the zandalari were an independant threat to what garrosh is now but Lei shen was a tyrant.

SImilar to WoD there is no "single" villan. The warlords themselves are monsters. THEY ALL are the final boss. Their stories will shape the expansion. Though the most influential ones will be Ner'zhul, Gul'dan and Grom. Blackhand doesn't make it past the first tier but he IS the final boss of it.

Nozdormu / Murozond.

We know that at one stage, in an alternate timeline, Nozdormu becomes Murozond and starts the infinite dragonflight. If Nozdormu is Garrosh's helper, then his corruption into Murozond could be an integral part of the story. Yes, we killed Murozond before and Nordormu knows that, and could have planned to avoid that happening again.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

10+ Year Old Account
    as I said the final boss will be Kairoz, the member of The Keepers of Time that we keep giving all the epoch stones to, and the one I believe helps Garrosh escape. And allthough he looks like a blood elf, that is a disguise, it isnt his true from.