Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Tom Chilton said it's Grom. 4.12
    Last edited by Dnusha; 2013-11-17 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    Tom Chilton said it's Grom. 4.12
    metzen also said it won't be another orc and that people in to the lore would probably know who it was. Which has people speculating in Kil'Jaeden, Kairoz and Medivh.

I dont mind of what race and origins the final boss is, aslong as it's logical and apart of a good story and lore... they already butchered it with this expansion, they should at-least make this abomination consistent...

Idk, it didn't sound sarcarstic when he said it was going to be grom. he said it in a very normal tone of voice. But they also said it wouldn't be an Orc, so maybe something happens and they turn grom into demon grom or something, and then technically they could argue it isn't an orc, like they could argue Illidan isn't technically a night elf anymore? idk, I hope it's not Grom, I don't think it'll be this time dragon, but it really could be anyone they want, since it's a time travel expac they could bring anyone back for us to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Idk, it didn't sound sarcarstic when he said it was going to be grom. he said it in a very normal tone of voice. But they also said it wouldn't be an Orc, so maybe something happens and they turn grom into demon grom or something, and then technically they could argue it isn't an orc, like they could argue Illidan isn't technically a night elf anymore? idk, I hope it's not Grom, I don't think it'll be this time dragon, but it really could be anyone they want, since it's a time travel expac they could bring anyone back for us to fight.
    i think that was part of the joke. They said it an overly serious way and the audience just went quiet and obviously rather disappointed. I think the reaction from that kind of was the joke. Kind of like "yeah we told you the new boss because you asked for it, now you know who it is 2 years before you're downing him AND you get to kill another Hellscream, happy for asking?" The people weren't cheering or wooing at all, everyone more or less jsut went "huh?" or the sound of "......."

I seriously doubt they'd announce the last boss this early, and I'm also quite certain they are not dumb enough to 1: butcher Grom's legacy (be it in an alternate timeline, but he's still popular) 2: have another Hellscream, basically a carbon-copy of Garrosh as the back-to-back boss for the next expansion. 3: announce it that early either way.

I'm 99% certain it's not Grom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    It's not Wrathion as he makes minor appearances
    It's no orc because the Grom thing was a joke
    Potentials: Medivh (ALL OF MY WANT), Kairoz, Kil'jaeden (Rehashed content is rehashed), Mannoroth (with Grom and Thrall as NPCs assisting *0*)
    My prediction: Hell knows

Quote Originally Posted by asmodias View Post
    the "final" word coming out of blizzcon was not an orc. Think about that... "not an orc". The final boss will be all of the warlords. 7 orcs.
    that would be so sweet!

I'm thinking titan related end boss at the moment. Given that the bronze flight have lost much of there power and where meant to police time, I'm guessing the guy who empowered them (Aman'Thul) won't be best pleased with what's happening this expansion so will send someone to deal with it. I also peg this on I don't believe the Titans are really that good, honestly how many dooms day devices does a race need before you realise there not really the good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by kramjam View Post
    garrosh and grom are gonna fuse DBZ style
    and then absorb Thrall, Varian, and Velen to make the ultimate hero
    and he will be the hero to stop the burning legion

it has been foretold
    Chris Metzen...is...is that you?

Also, not another orc? I'm pretty sure orcs are going to be the new dragons in this expansion, in that there are 47329842 of them that are bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Daws View Post
    I'm thinking titan related end boss at the moment. Given that the bronze flight have lost much of there power and where meant to police time, I'm guessing the guy who empowered them (Aman'Thul) won't be best pleased with what's happening this expansion so will send someone to deal with it. I also peg this on I don't believe the Titans are really that good, honestly how many dooms day devices does a race need before you realise there not really the good guys.
    they can be seen as the "bad guys" from our perspective because the Titans care about the worlds and the balance rather than what species are on the planets. The current Azeroth that is living is obviously not balanced and in peace, The Titans are striving for total peace and wouldn't mind wiping us out in order to re-create a new planet and live in a more sustainable and peaceful environment.

So in that way, yeah the titans are not really our friends. They don't care about us, in fact, the more noise and war we wage, the less happy they are with us.

Deleted
    Nah i still beliave that Burnign Legion invade Azeroth/Draenor and shit jsut just start being real.

Quote Originally Posted by Magepot View Post
    They just introduced him in Timeless Isle, I think. I don't think he's final boss worthy, but whoever he's working for probably is! The question is who would benefit most if these events came to pass instead of what happened in our current timeline? If the orcs never drank the blood and cursed themselves, but still invaded Azeroth? I honestly have no idea who would benefit the most, anyone in the Alliance sure wouldn't, because the Iron Horde seems to be much stronger than the Old Horde that drank the blood because they have cleared vision that isn't clouded, have more technology, and can wreck more havoc. Nobody in their right mind in the new Horde would - most of Garrosh's horde have been dealt with save Garrosh. I'm really not sure, maybe old gods. Probably Burning Legion. It's possible the bronze have been corrupted (again with Murozond that was supposed to come to pass in the future) by the Legion (or old gods?! But I dont see why they would give too much of a crap, legion makes more sense). This is where I think Blizzard actually did some crafty storytelling : P
    It might indeed be Old Gods pulling the strings, in this case N'Zoth yet again. Everything tends to get murky when time travel is involved, though.

Remember that they tried at one point to bring in Sargeras and use the Well of Eternity to break open Azeroth which would release their true forms. That failed, of course, but the damage was still catastrophic.

They attempted to break open Azeroth again with the Cataclysm.

Their 'new' plan could be to use this alternate Draenor as a staging area for allowing the 'alternate' Burning Legion to enter Azeroth (with the Iron Horde paving the way unwittingly). They then use the BL (perhaps Sargeras himself) to conquer the surface, and then crack the planet wide open, thus releasing themselves.

Dunno, I'm not a fan of time travel and alternate universe crap at all. In the end, you have to basically forget any notion of the "laws of physics" or anything that makes logical sense to justify such stories. Which means that using logic to deduce what may occur is nearly impossible, because it could be almost anything, since the story inherently makes zero sense.

Deleted
    Well, few before said Wrathion. I don't know if he is final boss, but i think he may be somekind of mastermind in this.

He was angry when Alliance did not destroy Horde in SoO, as he wanted Azeroth to be united against new threat (burning legion?) So he just freed Garrosh from Panda dungeon, maybe whispered something to his ear (saying things that Garrosh wanted to hear like HORDE STRONG) and show him the way to different timeline Draenor to rise Iron Horde which would conquer Azeroth and defend it against Legion.

I'm sure that someone has thought this before, but i did not find anything in quick search.

And i think that Metzen wrote Varian to spare Garrosh from execute just because after Garrosh's escape, Horde (thrall) would be angry for Alliance (varian) to let that happen. So there would be future battlegrounds etc. instead of peace.

With the Karazhan cleanup in mind, I'm pretty sure now that it'll end up being Medivh. He's not had a lot of showtime for such an important character, and time travel is the perfect excuse to bring him back.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    We fight one Orc and people freak out. I love this fanbase.
    Good, its better for all of us.

OT: Metzen jokingly stated Grom would be the Final Boss. This probably means that he will be a boss, but not the final one.

I feel like Kairoz is gonna do some more time-travel shenanigans... like bringing over Kil'Jaden and finding out Kairoz is a dreadlord.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    The "final" word coming out of Blizzcon was not an orc. Think about that... "not AN orc". The final boss will be all of the Warlords. 7 Orcs.
    Not possible. We side with Durotan. Plus, they'd have to make a lot of shit bosses to fill up time until the end.

Personally, I think the Iron Horde will fall apart long before the end. I definitely think the final raid area/boss will be warlord free except maybe for one or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Laukkanen View Post
    O_O

Why does Mannoroth need to survive? The alternate Draenor timeline is parallel to ours now. As in, if they enter our Azeroth now then it would be their first war yet it would be our 4th war. And in our timeline Cenarius has already been slained by the Orcs we have here. And Mannoroth on our Azeroth too.

We are in no way going back to make sure the same stuff happens as did in our timeline as they don't affect each other unless the Iron Horde connects the Dark Portal to ours and invade us. And that would happen in our present time as in, the other wars have already happened, Mannoroth and Cenarius are both dead.

Edit: Or well, Cenarius might have been revived.
    Not gonna lie, most of the time when I am posting here I am slightly sleep deprived.
    My bad, yeah - they did say it wouldn't affect the main time-line. That being said, we are then even less likely to fight Mannoroth this expansion. If anything, if we continue with Draenor, we will fight him next expansion as the main boss for the first tier, if the Legion shows interest in the portal. Being the forward commander of the Legion is an amazing job.
    That being said, who's to say that Mannoroth is truly dead? The Dreadlords are known to only be able to die by the hand of another Dreadlord, a claim whose validity can be questioned due to the nature of Dreadlords alone and the only source of this information coming from them, whose to say that it is not true of other demonic races?
    Last edited by Lolretadin; 2013-11-18 at 10:56 PM.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.