Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    He has to deal with the aftermath of the siege and rebellion. He has to take care of the horde family and have it heal, with the reduced resources from people running to deal with the Iron Horde and any damage they may have managed initially with the push into azeroth.

WoD cameos and scenario's showing whats happening back home. Game events showing how things are going in orgrimmar.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2014-02-24 at 08:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's going to be busy sitting in the newly built Sen'jin Hold, in the Valley of Spirits with his thumb up his ass trying to figure out which piece of territory he wants to lose and reclaim years later.

Hopefully if he has any involvement at all this expansion it involves him dying, so that the Horde can get a real Warchief.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    He's going to be busy sitting in the newly built Sen'jin Hold, in the Valley of Spirits with his thumb up his ass trying to figure out which piece of territory he wants to lose and reclaim years later.

Hopefully if he has any involvement at all this expansion it involves him dying, so that the Horde can get a real Warchief.
    To quote Metzen when someone slagged off Tyrande, "how dare you!". He has yet to prove himself as Warchief, so don't accuse him of being crap. He managed to hold the rebels together in a time of stress, so here's hoping he applies that forward thinking to his role.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yuca247 View Post
    You know what I call people who can't differentiate between a game and the real world....

Anyways moving right along:
    Oh, hey! Turns out this game has a story. A pretty big one at that! Stories in games, books and films tend to contain issues from the real world. I don't think comparing racism in a fictional setting to racism in real life is too much of a stretch especially considering the only reason it exists in the former is because it exists in the latter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Think about this: Warchiefs are best when they don't do anything. Thrall, when he was sitting in the Org throne room was the best warchief the horde ever had, then he had to go out and do shit and BAM...ruined. And I don't think I have to remind you about Garrosh. He was up to all kinds of shit and look where it got him. If Vol'jin is smart he'll sit in the throne room, and say "hello mon" all day and we will love him for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    To quote Metzen when someone slagged off Tyrande, "how dare you!". He has yet to prove himself as Warchief, so don't accuse him of being crap. He managed to hold the rebels together in a time of stress, so here's hoping he applies that forward thinking to his role.
    oh but its easy to, since vol'jins shown just how he operates. Maybe the devs didn't intend to make it so apparent, but its there to see. He sits back and lets everyone else fight, he comes to events but never does anything when there, he was given a book about him that was 50% not about him at all, and he didn't even show his face in anything significant in SoO until the very end.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    Yea but that's just flat out wrong.

We can judge his character and how he will perform as Warchief based off from his previous actions (Which you are more than happy to do with your comment about the rebellion.)

I'll just quote myself from earlier, which I seem to be having to do quite a bit to debunk the ridiculous things that get posted here and never challenged, feel free to ignore the parts that don't apply:

Surviving an assassination attempt isn't a feat, nor does it qualify a good leader.

He started a rebellion only after surviving an assassination attempt (He was no longer facing the "Threat of Death" for treason) I don't see how that qualifies him as a good leader (For the record, any Horde leader could have assembled the rebellion, thanks to Garrosh, not Vol'jin's own Political games.)

He retook the Echo Isles while:
    The Orcs Had their champion lead a War against the Qiraji, sent expeditionary forces into Outland, Waged a War in Northrend and secured their borders.
    The Tauren mended Night Elf:Horde Relations, expanded southwards to Grimtotem territory, secured their borders, helped out in the Orcish leg of the Northrend Campaign.
    The Forsaken built up a superpower in a matter of years, fended off attacks from the Scourge, Scarlet Crusade and Alliance, sent troops along with the Orcish expedition to Outland, waged their own battles in the Horde's Northrend campaign, the Forsaken, however, also suffered a coup.

So all in all, what has Vol'jin done to help the Horde? He secured the Echo Isles? That's not an accomplishment, it's pathetic that the only thing he and his people have managed to do are piggyback off from Orcish Campaigns (His greatest feat in outland was Zabra'jin *ooooh*), direct artillery at the Battle of the Undercity (While Thrall and Sylvanas did the actual commanding.) send a token force to Northrend, while the other races are deployed in full force to face a world ending threat, because he's taking back some islands that slipped from his grasp.

Deleted
    It's important to note that the Darkspear Trolls are perhaps the smallest group in the Horde, with only the Huojin Pandaren maybe comprising a smaller part. They weren't a large tribe to begin with like the Gurubashi or the Amani, and have experienced several tragedies prior to WoW which would cull their numbers even more. What Vol'jin can achieve with a couple hundred Trolls is not representative of what he can achieve while he's charge of the entire Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by yuca247 View Post
    Well that's heroic. There's great danger coming from the portal, danger serious enough we have to go investigate on possibly a sucidie mission and the warchief of the horde stays behind playing political leader?

I can already imagine voljin "yea you guys go ahead see whats up with that portal mon i be here shuffling papers"
    You realize that in the last raid tier, Garrosh turned Orgrimmar into a Nazi fortress and we (as players) essentially destroyed the whole thing right? There's a ton of rebuilding to do at home. Not to mention the fact that the Alliance are basically chomping at the bit to try and take back some of the land that Garrosh conquered, you know...like most of Ashenvale. There's a lot of politics that needs to happen as well, especially since the leader of the Horde is now of a race that the night elves have been at war with since the dawn of time.

You might also want to ask yourself why Thrall didn't go to Outland in BC until he found out about the Mag'har. Same reasons really, you can't have a racial leader up and head out of town without serious repercussions. Look at how pissed off most of the human population was at Varian for playing hero in Northrend, if you want an idea go to Westfall as an Alliance toon. Thrall was a great leader BECAUSE he spent most of his time parked in the Valley of Wisdom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    It's important to note that the Darkspear Trolls are perhaps the smallest group in the Horde, with only the Huojin Pandaren maybe comprising a smaller part. They weren't a large tribe to begin with like the Gurubashi or the Amani, and have experienced several tragedies prior to WoW which would cull their numbers even more. What Vol'jin can achieve with a couple hundred Trolls is not representative of what he can achieve while he's charge of the entire Horde.
    Which begs the question of why the "smallest group in the Horde" gets to rule it. Frankly they should have made Saurfang or Nazgrim warchief instead of how things turned out.

10+ Year Old Account
    @ Protar,

That has been duly noted; however, most of Vol'jin's failures or inaction come not from limited numbers, (The Tauren, Blood Elves and Forsaken [At least until recently] also faced similar problems, with the Tauren being saved from extinction, Silvermoon facing the scourge, exiling parts of their population and then a civil war, and the Forsaken being unable to procreate, or bolster their ranks) instead it comes from Vol'jin's stupidity.

He lost the Echo Isles to Zalazane, whom was shown to him in a vision as betraying him. Instead of acting upon that knowledge, he simply waited until his people lost the Echo Isles, then spent YEARS trying to take them back, while the other Horde forces, with larger, but still limited numbers, managed to achieve many great military feats.

Another one of his accomplishments was trying to reforge Trol'kalar. The keyword in that sentence is "trying" because despite Vol'jin fans calling him a great tactician, one of the few oppurtunities for us to see his tactical skill was a complete failure.

Despite what some Vol'jin fans would lead you to believe, surviving an assassination attempt isn't a trait of a good leader, it speaks to incompetence on the assassin's part (And in this case Troll racials are op nerf plz.) nothing more.

Really, any small scale operation, he hasn't been able to pull off with any sense of skill, so I'm not so optimistic about the prospects of Vol'jin commanding the Horde's military, honestly the survival rate might have been better under Hellscream.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Saurfang
    Was much more qualified for the position. Sorry though, but it's over, we're "Da Horde" now.

IDK, I think we will get him in a short questline, that leads to a scenario or two, then leads to a heroic 5 man, where Vol'jin gets to kill Garrosh, after Garrosh kills Taran. Perhaps it will be Dom Point style, more quest/lore release higher you go in a rep.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Vol'jin is the hero Horde deserves but not the one it needs right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Blizzard said that they had been building up Vol'Jin to be the warchief for 2 years now so it wouldn't be that much of a surprise, where did you get your info from that they changed their decision to Vol'Jin at the last moment? (Go look for blue posts around the time of 5.4 release if you want to see where I got mine )

Play WC3 TfT or read up on Vol'Jin's history if you wanna know the productive things he did. Like co founding durotar and preventing the horde from being wiped out by Admiral Proudmoore with the aid of Rexxar (and later on Jaina and Cairne aswell if I remember correctly). If anyone, Vol'Jin made the most sense to become the Warchief (aside from Thrall). He, Thrall and Cairne made the Horde into what it is today. Garrosh was... Groms son and... well, that was about it.

And how is Thrall calling the shots? Is there a fuckload of new lore that I haven't read up on yet since 5.4 aside from the WoD leaks? Who says Vol'Jin isn't the one who wants to hunt down Garrosh more then anyone, it's all just assumptions really. You clearly dislike Vol'Jin and hate the fact that he became Warchief. I didn't like Frodo dying at the end of LotR but that doesn't mean the movies were beyond horrible, I disliked certain Game of Thrones characters dying, I still love the series though. Just come to peace with the fact that you won't always have your way. If you read a book and something you dislike happens, do you just throw away the book? Didn't think so, atleast see how the story goes before saying it's "stupid".
    ^ this
    I just don't understand the entitlement people have over a story they didn't create.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noonanz View Post
    ^ this
    I just don't understand the entitlement people have over a story they didn't create.
    But that's wrong. They flat out said that we were getting Thrall back when Garrosh was announced as the end boss of MoP.
    Also in the grand scheme of things Vol'jin's role in WCIII wasn't that important at all (He turned Rexxar into a Wyvern, and dispatched Rokhan, that was it, he didn't even fight at mount Hyjal.)

If you're going to quote posts and say "^this" at least make sure those posts are accurate.

It's also not entitlement, by the way, it's called passion. When people are passionate about a story, and have been told that the story is going to develop in a certain way, and then it doesn't, don't be surprised when people are disappointed and angry, especially when the direction the story takes doesn't make much sense at all.

Try harder next time.

Deleted
    Jungle trolls are race traitors. I hope Vol'jin will die horrible death and some witch doctor will make use of his empty skull.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vol'jin... he still has to pierce Garrosh's heart with an arrow. I regret it wasn't the heart of the Old God. Could've been symbolical =)

I think both faction leaders will stay at Azeroth. At the beginning only players are going to Draenor and after the first major patch they will send some orcs and draenei to lead them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    They never said "Thrall will be the Horde's Warchief again." They said "You will get your Warchief back." They never elaborated on that.

And in a way, we 'got our Warchief back.' Thrall is the one most significant Orc figurehead in the Horde. He is the leader of the Orcs. He's just not Warchief.

It's similar to the 'Whenever we do stuff related to Pandaren, it will usually have to do with figurines or jokes.' statement they made in regards to the early MoP leak. They implied it would be one way to quell the masses, and it turns out they weren't going that direction at all.
    It clearly wasn't meant to mislead us into thinking Thrall would become Warchief again though, because soon after Blue posts where outright stating that Thrall wouldn't necessarily be Warchief.

The plan was pretty obviously to bring Thrall back and then use WoD as his triumphant return. Then they realised that everyone hated the idea of Thrall being Warchief so they had to change things to Vol'jin. But development on WoD had already begun so they were stuck with a Thrall-centric expansion. If Vol'jin had been planned from the start we'd be going to Zandalar I expect.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Him and Baine are just sat around in a tent somewhere outside Ogrimmar getting stoned all day.
    So did a few of the American presidents before they became president and look how well that....oh.
    Well, at least it was just felweed and not the 'hearthstone dust' dubbaya snorted up in uni.

@Abstieg: I'd like to agree with you, but just as many meek people have gotten everyone killed with their meekness when handed power.
    Which sort vol'jin is I guess we have to wait and see.
    But as far as I can see, given the writing in the last two xpacs, it's all going to be for shit with a last minute attempt to smooth out, and it'll go over as smooth and buttery as sandpaper with glass glued to it and smothered in locktight and razorblades.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.