Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Suggestions for a lan party.

Me and my friends are having a lan party 3 evenings in a row and i was wondering if people here could suggest some nice games to play.

Currently we are playing ut2003, wc3 and some age of empires 2. Mostly older games since some of them only have a old crappy laptop.

Are there some nice shooters/rpg's out there that you guys think are alot of fun to play on a lanparty.

Thx

Sven Coop - a mod with coop maps for half-life 1.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also depends how many of you there are. If you are a lower amount (~6), you might also consider throwing in some board games.
    This can give you a break from the screen and chance to socialize a bit more.

Again, games depend on what number of people you have, but also the classic Quake 3 is pretty fun, or perhaps some Red Alert / Red Alert 2 (support up to 8 players). Also depends what games you have licenses for, or that you can pickup as abandonware.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Day of defeat - a great ww2 mod for Half-life. Used to play it all the time in the old days
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    The Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition released last year supposedly has some good multiplayer capabilites (haven't played it).

How many people are you?
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory - its freeware
    Last edited by Sanitius; 2013-12-17 at 01:57 PM.

Battlefield 1942
    Mother pus bucket!

Mario Party. Your friends will love it!!

Deleted
    Mario kart gave me and my friends some great times during college :P

WC3, AoE2 and UT2003 are musts ! Also, you could think about some Quake 3, CounterStrike for other FPS. Battlefield 1942 is also pretty cool if you have enough players.

In the fun category, you can try Worms Blast (1vs1, but why not make a tournament? ), and then a little Hedgewars (A Worms Armageddon-like, but free and working on most computers). I know these are not shooters, but they are awesome in LAN parties !

10+ Year Old Account
    Super smash bros brawl if you guys have a Wii available.

CoD 2, Half life come to mind as fps, sc:bw big game hunters can be a fun map.

Bomberman/Dynablaster
    Worms

Go pro or go home! :<

Depending how many you are you could go with CS, COD(if the computers can handle that)
    Trackmania
    Could play Quake live, which is quake 3 in a browser afaik.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

CoD2, CoD:WaW for the zombie maps, CS1.6, UT.
    Guitar Hero also is a lot of fun with friends.

Deleted
    Our group will vary from 4 to 7 players depending on what evening etc. Thx already for the nice tips will check some out. and yeah the old games dont cost much so it aint a prob. But if there are some free ones that would be nice aswell

and its all on the pc. do stuff like mario kart and guitar hero wont be possible to play

Diablo II could work

Quote Originally Posted by screwball View Post
    Our group will vary from 4 to 7 players depending on what evening etc. Thx already for the nice tips will check some out. and yeah the old games dont cost much so it aint a prob. But if there are some free ones that would be nice aswell

and its all on the pc. do stuff like mario kart and guitar hero wont be possible to play
    Just a tip, if you plan to play q3, you can play quakelive, its pretty much same as q3 but free.

http://www.quakelive.com/

Planetside 2 is massive fun, and F2P

Quote Originally Posted by screwball View Post
    Me and my friends are having a lan party 3 evenings in a row and i was wondering if people here could suggest some nice games to play.

Currently we are playing ut2003, wc3 and some age of empires 2. Mostly older games since some of them only have a old crappy laptop.

Are there some nice shooters/rpg's out there that you guys think are alot of fun to play on a lanparty.

Thx
    Star wars battlefront, Starcraft 1, Diablo 2