Poll: Would you like to see Fungal Dolphin mounts?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Sporelings probably came from the "Forelings"

I think that'd be these guys

i can already see myself killing 100000000000000000000000 of those in daylies

Don't care about the mount but quests involving dolphins might be fun, "Dear Adventurer, bring me back 10 dolphin spleens".

Then there is cooking, Dolphin Steaks!

Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    i can already see myself killing 100000000000000000000000 of those in daylies
    blizz said there will be few or no dailies.

but you might kill 10000000000000000000 of those on dynamic events
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Fungal anything is pretty damn cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Bits View Post
    fungal nails?
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

Quote Originally Posted by Two Bits View Post
    fungal kitten, on the blizzard store!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fenixazul View Post
    I want a mushroom mount
    Har de har har.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    fungal kitten, on the blizzard store!
    yes pleez!
    moar katz!

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Not if they're as sentient as Sporelings
    Why not, aren't you interested in "riding" a sporeling? *wink*

10+ Year Old Account
    me too, but they said no underwater zones this time, so don't expect to see many whales lol
    Noooo, I was hoping for Zangar to be an underwater sub-zone at the very least. Vashj'ir was probably the best zone ever.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

me too, but they said no underwater zones this time, so don't expect to see many whales lol
    It could very well be a sub-zone though, rather than a full fledged zone of its own! Still will be cool to see.

Deleted
    The Zangar sea, whilst not being a proper 'zone', would make a pretty good optional area for exploration (like timeless isle)

fungal giants and fungal whales have the same eyes, the same type of mouth (though the whale's is way bigger), the same tendrils and the same colorations (starting purple on the head and turning green near the feet/tail). since they are fungal, the giants are probably the whales that just took a different shape to adapt to the fact that there wasn't enough water to swim anymore.
    I could point out a shit-ton of similarities between two random meat-based lifeforms here on Earth, without either of them being directly related to the other.

Actually, the Fungal Whales are the precursor to Fungal Giants. Yes, evolution takes time, I totally agree, however, we are looking at worlds where major planet wide upheavals in another timeline, but magics that were not even totally understood by their users. If we want to pull reality into this, the damage and changes done to many places on our own world due to radiation is a perfect example. There have been a lot of mutations in a very geologically/evolutionary short period of time. Draenor was torn apart by strong magics that ppl like Ner'zhul and others were pretty much 'brainwashed' into using with really little true understanding of the depths of what the repercussions of that use might be. Add to that the fel energies that were released, as well, and you have not only torn a planet apart, but forced nature to find ways for what living entities remained to adapt in rapid and unexpected ways.

Dolphins are the assholes of the ocean. So no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    Noooo, I was hoping for Zangar to be an underwater sub-zone at the very least. Vashj'ir was probably the best zone ever.
    Given the concept art they showed fro creatures, etc. from the Zangar Sea, I suspect that we will have something to do in that area, most likely some Timeless Isle type stuff as others have suggested. A full fledged Vash'jir type zone, no, but definitely something.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Given the concept art they showed fro creatures, etc. from the Zangar Sea, I suspect that we will have something to do in that area, most likely some Timeless Isle type stuff as others have suggested. A full fledged Vash'jir type zone, no, but definitely something.
    we can only hope

Quote Originally Posted by SyrahGrunt View Post
    ...which pretty much is the definition of evolution.. Just because their "base structure" is fungi instead of cells doesn't change how you call it
    Fungus is made of cells, too.

What evolution works on is the genes (and the frequency of an allele's appearance), and over generations, not within one individual creature.

In what we think of as shapechanging, the DNA doesn't necessarily change (presumably it has some sort of plastic potential, as in caterpillar -> butterfly perhaps), and works on an individual.

And add in magic, and DNA stability takes a flying leap, and little birdie creatures flip out and decide to turn into mushroom creatures one day because their beach houses just turned into Atlantis due to the world's worst tsunami. Because with magic, you can do away with all that millenia of breeding and natural selection messiness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Dolphins are the assholes of the ocean. So no.
    dolphins are basically the people of the ocean, and are assholes in so far as people are assholes...
    they can also be pretty nice and pretty clever insofar as people are nice or clever.

- - - Updated - - -

we can only hope
    i hope so too, i look foward to exploring the oceans of Draenor.

there is also a large continental shelf-ocean to the East of the continent as well that one would expect is explorable (non-fatigue inducing)

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Deleted
    I want a dolphin mount. I also want a walking flower mount that can shed its petals at enemies like a fan of knives.