Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    The building doors were open in the previews but they may have just been placeholders
    Well, they did show us the inside of a barracks as a specific garrison art example.

gone are the days where guilds were actually real guilds, working together as a team toward some goal
    Speak for yourself.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

I think you actually have it backwards mate. This is a feature designed for a player to have access to mats and professions otherwise unavailable to them without goiing outside thier own sphere of influence and according to of of the Blizzcon Q&A might be the start of guild housing stuf in the feature if it works as intended.and to adress custimization questions it seems if they get thier way buildings will have followers working in them and some places will let you hang trophies earned via achivements and even hang heads of rare spawns in the main sqaure so a tad bit of custimization.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, they did show us the inside of a barracks as a specific garrison art example.
    Ah yes they did!
    Seems safe to assume all the buildings will be fully exploreable then.

Deleted
    If garrisons offers a good chunk of content beside the usual wow content (aka raids, dungeons, dailys or whatever) i am more then excited. I think garrisons have alot potencial in every aspect. All the crafting stuff you have in there, mining herbs etc....

This will be a refreshing side content where i will spend alot of time, thats for sure. Everyone of you will become a true hero with his own small town / castle. If this is not epic what else is ?

to the OP,i think for a 200+ player guild you would need something in the size of OG or Stormwind.....for a true WoW hero garrisons have the right size.....ceptyou play a gnome then its oversized for sure
    Last edited by mmoc15f92c5277; 2013-11-20 at 11:50 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes they did!
    Seems safe to assume all the buildings will be fully exploreable then.
    But are they customizable? Can we decide where to place stuff?

10+ Year Old Account
    We build up an amazing garrison with tons of followers then wod ends and we go back to azeroth, what happens to everything we built/ earned :*( with mounts/pets/rep /achievements etc you can bring them along to the next expansion and still use them... but with this if it's anything like the farm is it just going to be left behind? >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I find the idea of walking into an instance portal into my own private little Sims house to be a trillion times more boring than the idea of flying across a continent and being able to see my fortress from a zone away.

Super duper customization can come later. This is enough for now. Embrace it and help make the feature successful, and they'll expand on it in the future.
    Indeed. Personal areas is something they will have to keep developing over time. If you consider the leap they made from the farm in Halfhill to this, try to imagine what the next leap is going to look like.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    You can only decide where the buildings themselves go and which buildings they are, they didn't say anything about moveable furniture and if they were going to implement it then that would be a big feature to announce at Blizzcon, so no.
    The fact that they added this means it's something you can safely start hoping for next expansion though if Garrisons are popular, little steps!

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    We build up an amazing garrison with tons of followers then wod ends and we go back to azeroth, what happens to everything we built/ earned :*( with mounts/pets/rep /achievements etc you can bring them along to the next expansion and still use them... but with this if it's anything like the farm is it just going to be left behind? >.<
    They pretty much said that was the plan, but also said that if the technology proves successful then 7.0 will probably have another expanded version of the techonology just as this is an expanded version of the farm technology.

They don't want to continue supporting everything they add indefinitely or they'd end up horribly bloated, having to add 15 new guild levels, 20 new crops, 40 new garrison buildings, etc. every expansion on top of the work they already have to do.
    It will still be there too! It won't vanish! The rewards just won't scale to level 110.
    Last edited by Imnick; 2013-11-20 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    you can decide the general look of the furniture and decor by choosing a spec for the building,you can choose where you place the buildings within reason(different zones have different layouts and various slots for big small and medium buildings) you can choose which zone to put it in and some buuilding will allow you to place trophies and decorations you earn.

Quote Originally Posted by Xayl1 View Post
    you can decide the general look of the furniture and decor by choosing a spec for the building
    some buuilding will allow you to place trophies and decorations you earn.
    These two points are news to me, as far as I was aware the only two design "styles" were Alliance and Horde, and the talent specs merely changed the function of the abilities granted to you by the building rather than its look.
    I hope you are right though!

And yeah... now I think of it they did mention Rares dropping trophies etc, I had forgotten that too. Not quite the same as entirely customisable furniture but that's a nice thing.

You can't even choose what architecture you want to use for buildings, everybody will end up with the exact same looking fully upgraded garisson with maybe one or two buildings changing depending on professions. It will all look the same for everybody. This is hardly player housing.

These two points are news to me, as far as I was aware the only two design "styles" were Alliance and Horde, and the talent specs merely changed the function of the abilities granted to you by the building rather than its look.
    I hope you are right though!

And yeah... now I think of it they did mention Rares dropping trophies etc, I had forgotten that too. Not quite the same as entirely customisable furniture but that's a nice thing.
    "Choosing to “spec” your buildings (more on that below) will also change cosmetic aspects of those buildings, like furniture types and decorations, in addition to imparting different gameplay effects." from the Garrison Article on the main wow website. The Trophies and decorations were mention during blizzcon somewhere I think that stuff will be at the main building.

also a link to the officiall blizzard article:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/115...ison-11_8_2013

That's nice then, I am likely to choose the spec based on effect rather than appearance but if they make the trees well it means that my garrison is unlikely to look identical to anyone else's (not that I'd be able to tell, what with only mine being visible to me unless I am invited in)

No they didn't miss any mark and they made it crystal clear at Blizzcon that they weren't gonna offer anymore guild levels or perks. Cause you know they'd hide this behind guild levels to unlock slaves and buildings. Small guilds would bitch that they feel left behind because they can't compete with large guilds. Be the same old shit from a few years ago.

I Imagine there will be two or three for each building but given that there is likely at least one building for each prof and an unknown number of large and medium buildings each with their own specs that's at least a bit more visual custimization than zer0 hehe.

Knowing my guild, we would have more drama over decorating it that on any raid loot distribution or legendary acquirement.

Im glad its personal so I can modify it to my liking and invite people over. A lot of the functionalities sounded like they were in the "this sounds really cool but will probaby be pruned before release" stage

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking about something they said at Blizzcon. Even if you start building your garrison in one zone, if you find a spot in another zone that you like you can just pick up and move your whole garrison to the new spot. Well, if that mechanic can move your whole garrison on Draenor, what would stop us from being able to move them eventually to locations on Azeroth or any other world we end up questing on?
    If a fat kid falls in the forrest and no one is around do the trees laugh?
    You're an insignificant speck of a person sitting on an insignificant speck of a world orbiting an insignificant speck of a star in an insignificant speck of a galaxy. Literally, no one cares what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    How about waiting till you can try it before deciding whether or not they "missed the mark"?
    My thoughts too as soon as I read the title, missed what mark? They aren't even out yet, the guy has no idea what they will end up being at launch or evolve into over time.
    Can we at least let the damn game expand and play it before we decide it's ruined, or missed the mark, or all of the other premature insane crap people say.

Quote Originally Posted by Callous1970 View Post
    I was thinking about something they said at Blizzcon. Even if you start building your garrison in one zone, if you find a spot in another zone that you like you can just pick up and move your whole garrison to the new spot. Well, if that mechanic can move your whole garrison on Draenor, what would stop us from being able to move them eventually to locations on Azeroth or any other world we end up questing on?
    The fact that your garrison will already be fully completed.
    Just like Blizzard don't want to add more guild perks for fear of creating a catch-up gap for new guilds, they also won't want to increase the building level cap and add additional tiers of features to research that require you to have completed the garrison on Draenor, rather than introduce a new but similar mechanic in the new expansion which everyone, new players and old, begin at on the same footing.