Poll: Fav (expansion) starting zone

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Borean Tundra, because back at the release it was better xp : time ratio wise

Hellfire was epic, a giant pit lord and demons as soon as you entered the portal.

Many have died to the fel reaver, the corpse runs in Hellfire were awful for Alliance as well.

Jade Forest had some awesome quest lines and immersion, but it was a very calm area, and those stupid fking monkey things.

Wotlk was a good expansion, but I don't remember anything epic about any of the starting zones.

Hyjal is an awesome area full stop, had a lot of hype, a lot of lore, Cata was awful though.

Hellfire wins over all, for epicness, it lacks in sound and art by todays standards, and questlines and mechanics, but it was epic.

Vash'jir because of its uniqueness, and visuals. The game-play of being underwater was a little weird, but I got used to it

Uh, really hard to pick, they are all great zones. In a pure Wrath contest Howling Fjord wins over Borean Tundra, because my god is HF a beautiful place. That boat ride through the canyon as Alliance... :O

It comes down to HF or Hellfire Peninsula for me. Not that I didn't love Jade Forest and Vashj. Man when I went through the Dark Portal and got my first look at Outland I was just blown away. Same feeling walking into Wrath.

Going to go Howling Fjord but it's super close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    I LOVED Jade Forrest.
    Unfortunately I hated every other zone in MoP other than Kun'Lai which was decent.
    I fully agree with that.

The problem of Pandaria is that it feels so disappointing after Jade Forest.

Deleted
    Vash'jir.. Was and is such an unique Zone, I'll take it over Hyjal any day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hellfire because there were places with tightly packed hostile melee mobs for me to AoE grind on.

Deleted
    I like both Hyjal and Howling Fjord.

The first time in Hellfire was cool, since then I can't stand the place.

Howling Fjord and Jade forest are the best by far. Both introduced the new expansion theme very well, and were very carefully made.

Hyjal is my favorite questing zone of all time, though I understand why people hate it. Personally I loved it's night elf theme and linear questing, by far the most enjoyable and smooth zone to level in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    it's a toss up between Borean Tundra & Howling Fjord, I went with Howling Fjord because it was tied better to the main story of the expansion.

Hellfire Peninsula. I still remember how fucking scared I was, that intensity, the fel reavers... It was truly "a feeling". It was just epic.

Jade Forest. Loved it.

#vanillaplayer

10+ Year Old Account
    I know general consensus is that Vash'jir sucked, and everyone goes the Hyjal route, but when I leveled through Vash'jir it was amazing, the story, the atmosphere and just the sheer scope of the zone, since it was swimming enabled, it was just so awesome.
    Currently Procrastinating

Tough one.

I think Howling Fjord had a much cooler theme going for it than Borean Tundra, because quite frankly borean tundra was boring. There wasn't a whole lot going on there and most of the zone looked the same all over. Very uneventful. However, at Borean seemed to have more streamlined and efficient questing than howling fjord did. So for that, i'd prolly give it to borean just because it wasnt a very entertaining trek, but it was a quick one. Howling Fjord wins for coolpoints though, especially that intro. Riding into the fjord for the first time was a pretty awesome experience.

Hellfire Peninsula I wasn't too keen on. I remember when burning crusade first released, I played on a PVP server back then. There was kind of an unspoken, consensus between everyone to just level up and see the new stuff without starting a bunch of shit. So you'd run into people from the opposing faction, but no one ever attacked anyone else (which was strange, given how much world pvp went on in vanilla). Everyone just wanted to enjoy the new content and level up as quick as they could. By day 3 or 4, all that was gone, and it was all out war again. But for those first couple of days, it was almost magical how people kind of stopped the pointless fighting to enjoy something together. Thats what I remember most about hellfire, as opposed to any of the actual content there. I doubt that happens anymore though, WOW's pvp community is as toxic as nuclear waste these days. They exploit CRZ just to grieve people on PVE servers now, its really rather pathetic.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narna View Post
    I know general consensus is that Vash'jir sucked, and everyone goes the Hyjal route, but when I leveled through Vash'jir it was amazing, the story, the atmosphere and just the sheer scope of the zone, since it was swimming enabled, it was just so awesome.
    The only part I hated about Vashj'ir was that floating in the water breaks ground target abilities.

15+ Year Old Account
    HFP was the first expansion zone I have set foot in, I still love its atmosphere.

Hellfire Peninsula hands down!! I remember myself after passing the dark portal and just watched the Burning Legion trying to attack the portal. I watched it for a while then on my left took the flight and flied to the Honor Hold as an Alliance. Man the music of Honor Hold!. I lit a cigarette and just listened to that music and wander around. The quests, the new items, mobs, even the Fel Reaver (lol) everything about it was amazing!! I still go there and just fly around. Ah and also that exorcism quest Assistant Klatu giving!! Man that quest was AWESOME!!! In fact, TBC was awesome! Wotlk, Cata and MoP was not even close to TBC and dont think WoD will not either!

Howling Fjord easily, it's great for both factions.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Howling Fjord was perfect. Beautiful, great music, and a very good start to the setting of Northrend.

Borean Tundra because of the Northern Lights. Hellfire comes really close tho and honorable mentions go out to Vash'jir.