Poll: Over the shoulder capes? Yes/no?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up [ SUGGESTION ][ POLL ] Over-Shoulder Capes (See Pics)

Hola.

So I saw another person suggest these in another thread that was talking about the shorter-capes (which I think shorter capes is an absolute abomination of an idea, but that's for another thread).

Now, I'm no expert on the engine WoW is on (Updated WC3 engine if I'm remembering correctly?), so I honestly have no idea whether or not the engine or the game in general has the ability to use over-the-shoulder capes.

Example (CONCEPT ART):

Exaples (GENERIC GOOGLE IMAGES):

(All credit goes to the artists, I didn't make any of that. hell no am i that artistic)

Anyways, this is all I could really think of/find/dig up to show what I mean. Is anyone else as for-this as I am?

10+ Year Old Account
    Brace yourself, cloak comments are coming.

I hope we get better cloaks. We are going in the right direction but I don't think we will get over the shoulder cloaks. : /
    Judging by the recent cloak post we aren't on that level yet.

it can do it, look at Arthas in Strathom, he's got a blue one on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankai View Post
    Yes, but that is a custom model. You can make custom models super detailed, but when it comes to equipment that all the different player races/genders can use you have to take a lot more into account.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankai View Post
    That is because his cloak is part of his model were our cloaks are not.

I like it how it is on Maeiv's model. i can't post links, but if it's anything like that, yes please.

15+ Year Old Account
    Would shoulder armor be on top of the cloak or hidden beneath? How would it work with big shoulders like banana shoulders? If it's hidden below, then it's the same as cloaks these days imo.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

I don't get capes like we have at all. They have no purpose. The won't keep you warm, they won't protect you, they are just there. I would love to have a cloak like eddard stark has.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Would shoulder armor be on top of the cloak or hidden beneath? How would it work with big shoulders like banana shoulders? If it's hidden below, then it's the same as cloaks these days imo.
    Obviously below...
    Und wenn du das Spiel verlierst, ganz unten stehst, dann stehn wir hier und sing Borussia - Borussia BVB!

if their capable of doing it someday i really want over the shoulder capes for sure

When I saw Godfrey in the Worgen cinematics, I was hoping they would make cloaks like his. I still want them to make a cosmetic top hat.

It would interfere with shoulder armour to the extent that both looked horrible.

The only way it would work is if it were actually a part of the shoulder armour's model, but then it would interfere with the normal cloak too. It would have to overwrite the normal cape, and I doubt Blizzard would want that.

There are also 'clipping' issues to consider with animations.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    It would interfere with shoulder armour to the extent that both looked horrible.

The only way it would work is if it were actually a part of the shoulder armour's model, but then it would interfere with the normal cloak too. It would have to overwrite the normal cape, and I doubt Blizzard would want that.

There are also 'clipping' issues to consider with animations.
    Or they could just hide shoulder armors while wearing it, though I imagine some shoulder armor might not look bad on top of the cloak. They definitely shouldn't have the cloak try to visibly go over the super huge WoW shoulder armors, that would be silly in the extreme.

I like it how it is on Maeiv's model.
    Last edited by quandtrtle; 2013-11-23 at 03:25 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    All cloaks should be like that. There's no point in that stripe of cloth behind the back that we have now.

10+ Year Old Account

just kiddin, awesome idea

I was hoping the legendary cloak would be over-the-shoulder and was disappointed that it wasn't. They do have over-the-shoulder capes already in the game, as previously mentioned in this thread. Let's hope that in the next expansion, these models end up existing....having them with the new cape flowing animations would look fantastic.

imho the only way to make something like that work is to integrate the cape into the shoulder model, if they add a thing like that on current shoulder it may work on races that have small shoulder but what about the orcs? they probably look like a canadian tent; also the combat animation on most melee will glinch out with the cape, they should make an animation where the characters throw it behind when combat start.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    imho the only way to make something like that work is to integrate the cape into the shoulder model, if they add a thing like that on current shoulder it may work on races that have small shoulder but what about the orcs? they probably look like a canadian tent; also the combat animation on most melee will glinch out with the cape, they should make an animation where the characters throw it behind when combat start.
    Yeah, wouldn't really work well that way. The female draenei shoulders would really mess it up. They are tiny and pinched in the back.

Over-the-shoulder cloak models could probably be made, but I kind of doubt they could interact well with all of the shoulder armor models in the game. They would likely clip through each other all the time and be more of an eyesore than anything.

Anything can be harmful when taken to an extreme. Even moderation.