Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm glad someone used the term 'spreadsheet-approved'. I think GC is a great dev, but his weakness to me is he is a numbers man and finds it hard to empathise with things that are more subjective. He said once he doesn't care much about transmog, yet lots of peoples love making their characters look badass. I think the same principle applies to spells, lots of players love cool spells, but GC only sees them in terms of how the spell functions in raids. I think its a fair criticism of him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    You mean Pay to Pay to Win?
    Is it pay to win though? Not really, but it doesn't matter, any kind of cash shop in a subscription based game is a slap in the face, regardless if it's customization only.
    The fact that they are pushing it forward to add XP-boosts and even 90 lvl characters is hilarious.
    At this point it's basically a F2P game shop on top of a subscription fee.
    The horde of fanboys will never notice that they are being fucked both ways because the only time they would react is if Blizzard sold the best gear available in the game.
    Anything below that "doesn't take skill" and "is just a time sink" so who cares if you can buy it, right?
    Hahaha so much truth in your post
    But you're wrong when you say they are being fucked both ways : it's in fact THREE ways : buy xpac, pay monthly fee AND cash shop

And lol at the people who think the in-game store is only about selling current items.
    Sure Blizzard is investing a lot of work in this in-game cash shop to just sell the current type of items, yeah right

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    In before people who have no idea what they are talking about, playing the role of people who do no research, attack something they don't know the purpose of.

Am I doing it right?

The shop will only sell everything that's already available for sale. The XP boost is only available in Asia and has been for some time.

Blizzard has stated they feel like it would not fit well in America and Europe and have no plan to bring it in.

Blizzard also stated they have no plans and haven't even discussed once moving the game to F2P, which would be moronic in a business standpoint and take loads of time to do that they couldn't bother wasting.
    But in all honesty though, since when has Blizzard stuck with their words? Since when did they stick that theyll never, ever, do flying in Azeroth? With 7 years experience with them, ill never, ever, take their word seriously...

Can also see the Conan bit on his website if you can't be bothered using a VPN: http://teamcoco.com/video/world-of-w...lizzcon-remote

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    Is it pay to win though? Not really, but it doesn't matter, any kind of cash shop in a subscription based game is a slap in the face, regardless if it's customization only.
    The fact that they are pushing it forward to add XP-boosts and even 90 lvl characters is hilarious.
    The horde of fanboys will never notice that they are being fucked both ways because the only time they would react is if Blizzard sold the best gear available in the game.
    Anything below that "doesn't take skill" and "is just a time sink" so who cares if you can buy it, right?
    ^^ THIS!!! It's sad that Fanboys don't realise that Blizzard is "stealing" them.....

we need an in game store so we can sell the extravagant mounts, and continue to mail in the ones like h garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by gurv View Post
    Hahaha so much truth in your post
    But you're wrong when you say they are being fucked both ways : it's in fact THREE ways : buy xpac, pay monthly fee AND cash shop

And lol at the people who think the in-game store is only about selling current items.
    Sure Blizzard is investing a lot of work in this in-game cash shop to just sell the current type of items, yeah right
    I'm curious as to how you "pay-to-win" a game that doesn't have any sort of meaningful competition. What exactly are you winning by leveling slightly faster than your friends?

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    Im really not opposed to an in game store. Anything to make leveling my 2509th alt faster is fine by me.
    Hmm interesting.. Wonder why you chose these numbers 2509. They're the exact same digits of my Battle ID. We cosmically connected?
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a thought: Have CONAN O'BRIEN host the next Blizzcon....get rid of that drunken hack, Jay Mohr.

Quote Originally Posted by Basemath View Post
    Hmm interesting.. Wonder why you chose these numbers 2509. They're the exact same digits of my Battle ID. We cosmically connected?
    Psst..! Maybe this will be the two of you someday: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10637873859

Deleted
    Had to ask WHO the f is conan?

And this is coming from Blizzard, who said the "free to play" model wouldn't work with WoW, but here they are, slapping in an in-game store where they can sell things like every "free to play" game in existence, but they can't do "free to play" because... yeah.. it doesn't work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Was doubting very hard whether or not I should play WoD but this ingame shop makes the choice easier as I don't have want to now. Too bad for Dreanor, would've loved to see it.
    Can't be quoted enough.

Deleted
    LOOOOL Conan <3

*Are you planning to revamp Shadow priests? Their kit needs a good review in 6.0
    Pretty happy with them overall. We're open to things like banking orbs and removing games to start a fight with orbs. (Source)
    In other words, we will polish the mechanics but don't think they need a massive overhaul. (Source)*

Yeah, it's really hard to understand why it is an epic fail if you give a class dots(slow damage), bad defense(cloth), and force it to stand still while casting(all except 1 dot).....and the only serious defensive spell is a self-silence. Slow damage+no defence+no ability to run...how could that be a bad combination???? Guess we need to resurrect Einstein to figure that one out...
    And then you let them face burst classes with bubbles and so on that can do lots of damage while moving. Congrats.

Same counts for solo player PVE. Shadows have almost no working cc vs. rar-PVE-Mobs(compared to other classes) and they have no tank to absorb damage for them. If I hear that the rares in 6.0 shall be for small groups then that translates for me to "small groups equal: 1 DK, or 1 Warlock, or 1 Hunter, or 1 Tank-druid, or 2 mages, or 2 whatever...or 5+ shadows".

Fortunately this game is not about solo-pve or pvp....oh wait....that's exactly what we all spend most of our time with in this game.
    Last edited by Pacster; 2013-11-23 at 03:58 PM.

Will the store potions be available for WoD; and if so, will it affect realm first? I really hope not, was hoping maybe to get in the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauling View Post
    Will the store potions be available for WoD; and if so, will it affect realm first? I really hope not, was hoping maybe to get in the race.
    Apparently Realm First achievements have been removed. Though we ain't entirely sure if it means ALL of them, or some (leaving e.g. raid boss kills)

this dude is TALL AS FUCK ROFL

Deleted
    lol the youtube comments on the in-game store video is exploding with people yelling: PAY 2 WIN OMGZ!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    And this is coming from Blizzard, who said the "free to play" model wouldn't work with WoW, but here they are, slapping in an in-game store where they can sell things like every "free to play" game in existence, but they can't do "free to play" because... yeah.. it doesn't work.
    Exp boost is not P2W, also how do you draw a line between an in-game store and free to play? It wouldn't work, you know why? Because WoW is designed to be a subscriptions based MMO, turning it into free to play would kill the game. You know SWTOR right? A game designed to be subscription based turned free to play, so it died.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cynon View Post
    Just a thought: Have CONAN O'BRIEN host the next Blizzcon....get rid of that drunken hack, Jay Mohr.
    That... would be awesome.

Hearthstone Quest: Available to players at home and at the event. Find our clues, unlock the seven secret cards, incorporate them into a deck, and then challenge us!

I hope.... we help each other on this.