Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxvriin View Post
    Actually this is wrong. It does stack.
    Does the amplification bonus to secondary stats stack ? I.e 8% + 8% ?
    Mew!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    The % may stack, but the INT proc will not proc if you have the caster DPS amp trinket equipped in any healing spec - it is hard coded to only proc for people of the appropriate spec.
    As other people have said, you're wrong.

I tested it just before and the amp stacks as well as the trinket procs not being considered the same ICD.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirri View Post
    Does the amplification bonus to secondary stats stack ? I.e 8% + 8% ?
    It stacks multiplicatively IIRC, i.e 1*1.08*1.08.

Damnit, I should have taken all the +hit stuff on my disc priest! Hey, it had +150 int on it compared to mine! It was an upgrade! And.. and.. I could've reforged the gazillion hit rating to something else!

But seriously. You know it is a DPS trinket. You are a healer. How would you feel if the one from Sha would've dropped, and the mage would've taken it?

You wanted second opinions. You've got it.

TBH if I would ever see you as healer with that trinket when I armory my PuGs, I would not take you, it clearly shows how greedy you are. It is a nice red flag to see people's attitude. So just keep it, please

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adynn View Post
    As other people have said, you're wrong.

I tested it just before and the amp stacks as well as the trinket procs not being considered the same ICD.

It stacks multiplicatively IIRC, i.e 1*1.08*1.08.
    Additively, so if you had to 8% trinkets it's 1+0.08+0.08

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Damnit, I should have taken all the +hit stuff on my disc priest! Hey, it had +150 int on it compared to mine! It was an upgrade! And.. and.. I could've reforged the gazillion hit rating to something else!

But seriously. You know it is a DPS trinket. You are a healer. How would you feel if the one from Sha would've dropped, and the mage would've taken it?

You wanted second opinions. You've got it.

TBH if I would ever see you as healer with that trinket when I armory my PuGs, I would not take you, it clearly shows how greedy you are. It is a nice red flag to see people's attitude. So just keep it, please
    If it's functionally indifferent from the healing trinket then what exactly makes it a DPS trinket specifically?

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    If it's functionally indifferent from the healing trinket then what exactly makes it a DPS trinket specifically?
    It's very clearly intended as a DPS trinket. You know this. Everyone knows this. There's one similar trinket for each role, and this one is very clearly not intended for you. Are you seriously trying to say that you genuinely believe that this particular trinket (which you have to auto-attack the boss to activate) was intended by the developers to be free-for-all?

It's a bit like a mage rolling on spirit cloth arguing that if they reforge the spirit to something else, it's better than what they had. It is true. And you can use it. But that doesn't change the fact that it would be better for someone else, it's very clearly not intended for you, and the only reason it's an upgrade is because you joined the raid wearing inferior gear. WoW allows you to decide your own loot rules in pre-formed groups, though, so it's up to your group to figure out whether you get it or not.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't call the need to be in melee range for 30+ seconds to proc the trinket each time "functionally indifferent".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    it proccs from auto attacks . I just melee the boss once a minute for it to procc and that's it

wrath and moonfire doesn't cause it to procc . but auto attacks do
    Which means that you have to stop healing and be in melee range to procc the trinket, clearly not optimal.

dick move, man. Speaking as a dpser, that's BiS for all casters and you stole it.

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Which means that you have to stop healing and be in melee range to procc the trinket, clearly not optimal.
    Worse than that. It's impossible or highly inadvisable on a lot of fights. On any fight where there are mechanics that target ranged (Immerseus, fallen protectors, juggernaut, dark shaman, Nazgrim, Blackfuse, Garrosh) you risk dropping bad stuff on melee and wiping the raid. You don't always have the freedom to stand wherever you feel like. Mistweavers can do it because they're tagged as melee by the game and don't get targeted by things like Toxic Storm and Sawblades, but as a druid you don't have that luxury.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    Am I the only one curious to know wth a healing class, (which is naturally at range) is doing melee'ing a boss to proc a trinket ? /head explode.

Quote Originally Posted by Othinsson View Post
    dick move, man. Speaking as a dpser, that's BiS for all casters and you stole it.
    Kinda heard its bis for those monk healers too on fights that are not stack up aoe fest.

I also heard that there was a tale that dpsers would take the healing one for top guilds progressing.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Kinda heard its bis for those monk healers too on fights that are not stack up aoe fest.

I also heard that there was a tale that dpsers would take the healing one for top guilds progressing.
    Can only think of the Sinestra one back in T11 where Arcane Mages got it to reduce the mana cost of their Arcane Blast.

Deleted
    hello

just did norm SoO and this dropped (553). I replaced my 528 dysmorphic with this one .

I saw a substantial increase in my healing and noticed that the int procc DID work for me.

I was contacted both durng and after the raid (it was a pug) and was asked to give it away in favor of a RL guildy mage.

I explained that the trinket was a HUGE upgrade for my MS and as such I needed on it - and won. so I decided to keep it for myself.

needless to say he wasn't happy about it and I'll probably won't get any invites from their guilds any time soon .

would like another opinion on the matter.
    If you came there as a resto druid without mentioning that you only wanted balance gear, then you're a gigantic scumbag.

The % may stack, but the INT proc will not proc if you have the caster DPS amp trinket equipped in any healing spec - it is hard coded to only proc for people of the appropriate spec.
    Not true. Only the healer version is hard coded for healing specializations, both (int and str) DPS versions are not. I ran the Int Version in my offspec tankgear due to the lack of a second tank trinket on my (balance) druid, and it did proc. Needlessly to say the proc was totally useless, but it did proc.

BTT: As a caster DPS I would be increadibly pissed if a Healer took this trinket away from me. Imagine a Protection Paladin taking the Garrosh trinket off a caster DPS 'because it has haste'. (I know its actually viable, that's why I chose this as an example)

So if I were you, and the timeframe to trade hasn't expired yet, I would offer the Mage to give him the trinket.

just did norm SoO and this dropped (553). I replaced my 528 dysmorphic with this one .
    You're aware you just downgraded your trinket? That sounds pretty stupid. Supposing you are mostly Flex/normal geared, the new trinket will give you about 2000 secondary stats (plus added critical healing). So really, you replaced 1672 Int + big mana regen with 2000 secondary stats? Have you ever read anything about stat priorities for your class?

Regardless of this being BiS for caster DPS, it's simply shit for you. No excuse for taking it at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is not entirely correct .

it's not that I will make up my mind based on what ppl on the forums will TELL me to do. I came here to get a 2nd opinion. it comes down to this :

if the trinkets stack - I'll keep it because it is BiS or equal to my MS. if they don't - I'll give it to the mage because I have no use of it so why shouldn't I give it to him ?

simple as that . prior to coming here it never occured to me they might not stack and just wondered if it's a viable healing trinket - and it is.
    Good luck being in melee range to proc that trinket. Melee hated me standing in melee to proc Seal of Insight cause neither Paladin nor Druid are considered melee and can be targeted by all range boss abilities, and you are technically totally bumming over your melee. The only healer that could conceivably get any use out of this trinket are mistweavers. You should never have rolled on this trinket, ever.

So much missinformation in this thread.

The passive effect does work for healers but for healers it won't proc on spells, only on melee hits.
    The passive effect of the healer and the dps trinket stack, and both procs are on different cooldowns and proc completely independent from each other.
    Even though the displayed percentage on the trinket is rounded to full numbers, internally the stats get calculated depending on the actual value (so a 2/2 updated normal 561 trinket increases the stats by 7.54%, you can find a list here).

The value of the trinket proc (for both healer and dps trinket) is greatly reduced for healers by it's large cooldown. A ~17% uptime is really bad, so you can consider it a simple bonus to the passive effect.

In my opinion the dps trinket is more than sub-par for a druid healer, and as long as there is a caster needing it you should have passed.
    On the other hand, it is an upgrade for you, and handing it to someone else who you plan to never play with again also yields no advantage for you.
    If you would have done it in one of my PUGs, I would have replaced you.

Of course they don't stack. Was that ever in question?
    False statement, spoken with foot in mouth.

Equally false statement, this time spoken with foot so far in mouth that nose is touching kneecap.

Additively, so if you had to 8% trinkets it's 1+0.08+0.08

- - - Updated - - -

Lol.. It's clearly intended for caster DPS. Blizzard has flagged it as such in the loot table, and the design of the trinket means its primarily meant for casters. I wouldn't talk about functional equivalents and such when there is a much more obvious way to figure out who this trinket is intended for.

Loot ninja is loot ninja. These ppl have always existed and they will always exist.