Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    What is the Ashpole? I honestly don't get it, can someone please explain?
    The Ashbringer = Sword
    The Ashpole = Staff

Get it now ^^ ?

Deleted
    I got all excited about "The Ashpole"

then i figured +15 stam/int 400 spellpower.

meh, fuck squish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kozaky View Post
    Don't be an Ashpole Trassk.
    Don't bother, he's determined to be bitter because developers refused to end the expansion in a way he demanded and how Blizz is making ALL of the orcs bad guys.
    Last edited by mmoc6e272995a4; 2013-11-25 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    The Ashpole...

Or Shitbringer as the Dwarves will call it.
    So Dwarves poop ash?

Deleted
    The Ashpole indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Yeah, that.. or, you know.. the design team just do what they always do, they don't give it an explaination, only that 'its sooo cool to look at' while there tripping balls on tip-ex again.
    Man you are jaded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    I got all excited about "The Ashpole"

then i figured +15 stam/int 400 spellpower.

meh, fuck squish.
    Squish rules.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesneed View Post
    The Ashpole?
    I was hoping for something like that to be said, haha !

Now, seeing people agree with me on this, i got a quite interesting (imo) theory : What if this IS actually a Naaru heart, and when Kil'Jaeden caught Ner'zhul, he corrupted the heart to a point that instead of feeding on light as a regular Naaru heart would, it would feed on souls, and forged Frostmourne with it ?

God i hope we get A LOT of lore concerning Ner'Zhul the Lich King ! Can't wait =P
    Last edited by mmoc2d6bd28e94; 2013-11-25 at 01:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antak View Post
    Now, seeing people agree with me on this, i got a quite interesting (imo) theory : What if this IS actually a Naaru heart, and when Kil'Jaeden caught Ner'zhul, he corrupted the heart to a point that instead of feeding on light as a regular Naaru heart would, it would feed on souls, and forged Frostmourne with it ?
    Void-state naaru attract souls.

I repeat: void-state naaru attract souls. And may indeed be able to consume them.

Deleted
    Oh, indeed... Wowpedia page for D'ore, the Naaru in Auchindoun, says that he became a void that "attracts and consumes souls"

Seems like my theory could be indeed true !

The Ashpole
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    meh, fuck squish.
    This line cracked me up. Apparently I'm still 10 years old...

On-topic: I can't see that staff not having some important role to play in WoD. Hell, it stands out in the picture more than Bladefist does.

I like the idea that it is tied to Ashbringer and Frostmourne. Bring me more delicious speculation....
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesneed View Post
    Now that you mention it it indeed looks like it.

The Ashpole?
    LOL, dude, hahahaha!

Dunno if this was brought up, but this kinda says Frostmourne wasnt made from a naaru. but idk, how does Darius know.

Read this quest text.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=24548

EDIT 2: I re-read the quest, and it actually doesnt support that frostmourne isnt a made from a naaru. anyway, the way shadowmourne was created maybe can shed some light on all of this. Maybe the shadowfrost shards are some naaru type thing since Shadowmourne also feasts on souls as a regenerating naaru would. And I'm thinking, if frostmourne is a regenerating naaru, that means it would eventually come back to life, if it is even still intact lorewise.
    Last edited by vandere; 2014-02-12 at 07:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Ashpole...

Quote Originally Posted by vandere View Post
    Dunno if this was brought up, but this kinda says Frostmourne wasnt made from a naaru. but idk, how does Darius know.
    Ashbringer, not Frostmourne, was supposed made from part of a void-state Naaru.

The Ashpole...

Lol.

OT: Interesting theory. I guess I need to redo those Nagrand quests to learn more.

Which one was the starter quest? (Share wowhead link)

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a crystal to me. /shrug

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

This is a very interesting theory, and I'd like to cling to it as long as I can. Hopefully Blizzard is as clever as you are!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vandere View Post

Read this quest text.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=24548

EDIT 2: I re-read the quest, and it actually doesnt support that frostmourne isnt a made from a naaru. anyway, the way shadowmourne was created maybe can shed some light on all of this. Maybe the shadowfrost shards are some naaru type thing since Shadowmourne also feasts on souls as a regenerating naaru would. And I'm thinking, if frostmourne is a regenerating naaru, that means it would eventually come back to life, if it is even still intact lorewise.
    Frostmourne was made by Nathrezim. The Shadowfrost shards are pieces of the Frozen Throne, which was made of ice from deep within the Twisting Nether by Kil'jaeden. Neither of them have anything to do with naaru.

Edit. Wow, boy do i look like an idiot. Disregard. Been up WAYYYY too late, and mixed my warlords up.....
    Last edited by Surfd; 2014-02-12 at 10:12 AM.