Deleted

US Forums > EU Forums

I noticed on the US forums you can pretty much say (almost) anything and not get banned even if it's passive-aggressive, calling out another player and basically calling them a dumbass or outright attacking blues.
    And you might even get a blue come in and give you a tidbit of new information or just add to the discussion.
    I'm sure a lot get banned on the US but I see a lot of posts clearly against the rules that are not deleted and blues even directly respond to.

I hate being on the EU forums so much, everything must be all hunky dory happy sparkle ponies or you'll get banned for trolling, literally. And they delete the offending posts, all of them.
    Call someone out on their BS = ban.
    Passive aggressive post regarding blizz/community/player = ban.

And the EU blues for the most part have no fucking insight and just robotically copypaste everything directly from the rulebook or something already posted on the US forums the week before.
    I feel so cut off, why don't they just merge both sites? We all speak english.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    No player has a right to participate in the forums, and Blizzard doesn't need any particular player participating.

Unlike, say, this forum, which is (one hopes) a money-making endeavor, Blizzard's forums are an expense. The more participation there is, the more it costs Blizzard.

That's why the bans and deletions come so freely. They don't need all the players there; they just need enough to keep the forums busy. And if you ban 100 players, 100 more will instantly take their place.

I'd say that, that would make EU forums > US forums, I would rather be on a forum that kept things under control and got rid of the twats than be on one that lets everything go free for all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd just merge the two, splitting the playerbase like that doesn't seem very smart. They can have a separate EU/US subforum if they really need to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    I'd say that, that would make EU forums > US forums, I would rather be on a forum that kept things under control and got rid of the twats than be on one that lets everything go free for all.
    Would agree with this at all time... Rather wish for a check up than nothing at all, as well, some people on the WoW forums really -do- need actions taken against them.

Off-Topic... though, I disagree of the change of Avatar, Glitch.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkuza View Post
    I hate being on the EU forums so much, everything must be all hunky dory happy sparkle ponies or you'll get banned for trolling, literally
    I know dat feel bro. Got a permaban, because of advertising. Someone had a problem and i posted a link for the solution. That was counted as "advertising". Some people on the forums can say what they want, passive aggressive, harrassing without use of bad words but the context is clear. Otherwise you get a ban for trivial shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    I know dat feel bro. Got a permaban, because of advertising. Someone had a problem and i posted a link for the solution. That was counted as "advertising". Some people on the forums can say what they want, passive aggressive, harrassing without use of bad words but the context is clear. Otherwise you get a ban for trivial shit.
    You know, the offer of appeal is always up, right? if you can prove it was a real solution for a person's problem - then no problem. Unless you linked to another site with a hint of, "Go find your solution there". Else, appeals are always viable.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I got permabanned during the first Real-ID war,
    for posting a "Your are not alone!" in the russian forums.

After that I got used to reading the US-Forums.

When My ban was lifted after the website redesign I typed the term "Blizz(t)ard" (which I read countless times on the US forums) in a post about "why mining aggroes mobs".
    Aaand I was permabanned for harrassment again.

To the EU-Forums I can only say "good riddance". One of the most useless forums I've ever seen, since Blizzard DEVs almost never get to read any suggestion anyway.

US-Forums are infinitely better and more useful than EU-Forums.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2014-02-13 at 11:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personal view, I don't use them much. But when I do, EU has given more than US. Though, both sides have their problems, you cannot expect them to be run 100% the same.

And well, people should try and re-read their bans and appeal if they are not right. "Blizz(t)ard" is soft, but some can see that as annoying still. Other times, you have players who report just for fun. Sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    And well, people should try and re-read their bans and appeal if they are not right. "Blizz(t)ard" is soft, but some can see that as annoying still. Other times, you have players who report just for fun. Sadly.
    I guess I could fight, but I don't see the point.
    My english is good enough, that I don't depend on the german forums and I never read the official forums except when I want to look up some class guide.

Luckily we shadow priests have our own website for theorycraft stuffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I guess I could fight, but I don't see the point.
    My english is good enough, that I don't depend on the german forums and I never read the official forums except when I want to look up some class guide.

Luckily we shadow priests have our own website for theorycraft stuffs.
    I play too many characters to find seperate sites for such, hehe. Public forums, I like to use to find some guilds, or events generally.

Just let EU members post to US damage dealing forums. Better support there.

Deleted
    I'd just like to be able to join in some US threads, like the Tank Lounge.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Off-Topic... though, I disagree of the change of Avatar, Glitch.
    You're the second person to say that ...maybe I should change it back haha. But Tigger is cute <3

People still use the WoW forums? those minimum wage slobs delete any post that even hints of WoW being a lesser game now...no thanks on that shit. i like it here much better.

15+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion, that means EU forums are better than the US forums.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    You would get banned for writing what you just posted here.

- - - Updated - - -

The EU forums are dead compared to the US but maybe that has more to do with sub numbers.

Or perhaps it's down to harsh moderation who knows ?

I just got perma banned for a third time for making a joke about a MVP being a cross dressing old man.
    Hiding behind a female avatar.

I wish I could have seen his red face :-)

Anyway it was worth it.

Some of the MVPs are so pompous along with their hanger on wanabe MVPs
    To the point where they think they work for Blizzard.

Blizzard employee's are human just like the rest of us some tell lies make mistakes etc.

They are very polite about what they do.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephismo View Post
    You would get banned for writing what you just posted here.
    Yes, I got permabanned when Zahrym replied to some daft post on the (beta!) forums, and I commented that he was just encouraging an "attention whore." That was back in the day when Zarhym was running around blue-tagging idiot posts even moreso than usual.

Permabanned for language!

Whatever!
    Certainly a contender for simultaneous "dumbest post ever made in a beta forum" and "most totally owned by Blizzard employee." Only problem is the OP is an attention whore and now you just immortalized him.