Page 1 of 3
LastLast

My idea's for Enhancement Shaman overhaul.

I'm NOT going to talk numbers, but merely mechanics. There are far better mathematicians out there then me.

REMOVED

Magma Totem
    Earth Shock
    Fire Nova
    Healing Storm glyph
    Flametongue Weapon
    Frostbrand Weapon

EDITED

Maelstorm Weapon: Renamed to Lightning Charge.

Totems: Has a Ragnaros type, re-summon, engulfing the totem automatically when you run out of range. (Different visual for different element.) Can be used while silenced. (Seriously Blizzard)

Shocks: Flame Shock and Frost Shock no longer share cd.

Lava Lash: Will now apply to mainhand weapons, rather then off-hand. (The option to make 2-hand viable. Visual will be more fiery!)

Stormstrike: Now increases all damage done by nature spells by %

Flame Shock: DoT will now apply Searing Flames per tick. (Visual will be more fiery!)

Static Shock: Will now also apply Lightning Charge.

Lightning Shield: Will now visually grant a additional orb depending on Lightning Charge.

Windfury: Will now be passive and over-ride all enchantment visuals affects.

Searing Totem: Will no longer apply Searing Flames. Small Fire Elemental works on the totem making it progressively doing more damage before it expires. Lasts ? seconds, ? c/d (Unsure, but I like the idea of a fire elemental upgrading or working on the totem to empower it. Maybe even being able to drop 3 down at once.)

Thunderstorm: Elemental got Shamanistic Rage, we get Thunderstorm.

Ascendance Glyph: Now your character doesn't transform but visually parts of your body have an elemental effect. You will still be noticeable in pvp, but no more crappy Cata model. (I would like to make this default, but I'll sit on the fence)

Fire Elemental+Earth Elemental: Share the same c/d, no more trying to push earth elemental out to max dps. Earth elemental is used more for solo, fire elemental for damage.

Astral Shift: Now usable while stunned.

NEW

Lightning Strike: Only useable with 5 Lightning Charges, melee range. Single-target DD. (Lightning Bolt will remain for Enhancement, but dps should only use during range + movement phases.)

Lightning Implosion: Only useable with 5 Lightning Charges, pbaoe. (Similar to Fire Nova but more damage, controversial because I know how much people enjoy chain lightning, me included. But I'm thinking it should be more Elemental spell.)

Disintegrate(or Discharge): Only usable when enemies are below %, takes both Lightning Charges and Searing Flame charges in to a devastating attack. Melee-Range.

Warp: In a flash of light move ? yards of your chooice, area effect location. Useable while stunned ? cd

Flame Shock Passive: Chance to reset Lava Lash and gain 5 searing flames. (Tier Copy)

Lightning Charge: Enpowers per-charge all nature spells by %. (Lightning visual to be expelled and Lightning Shield orbs go back to 1, charges effect healing)

Maelstrom Weapon: Applies Flametongue and Frostbrand to your weapon. (If you choose to dual-wield, has the advantage of additional weapon)

Wrath of the Air Totem: The winds push targets away in the direction of your choice by % and speeds the ally characters running in the direction of the wind by % (CC type, buff ability)

Stoneclaw Totem: % hp, Absorbs attacks for ? seconds, if destroyed stuns the target for % seconds. (Still thinking about this)

Let me know what you think. Please do not flame, I know some of my ideas are far-fetched and CC in the game needs toning down.
    Last edited by Razaron; 2013-11-25 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Tidied up, typo's, etc, etc

Nice seeing others thinking of other ways for searing flames/msw to work. Some ideas I like, some I am unsure about. All in all, interesting post.

I particularly like your idea for Wrath of Air. Reminds me of that air dragon boss in cataclysm. I see a lot of potential in this, though might be overpowered in certain situations, like thunderstorm (imagine pushing a whole group of both allies and enemies off of a cliff in eye of the storm >_< ).

I take it your warp would work like a warrior's jump? I'd like that, ele/resto could make use of it as well. It's versatile both for gap closing and running to safety. You could even jump up little cliffs with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    I'm NOT going to talk numbers, but merely mechanics. There are far better mathematicians out there then me.

REMOVED

Magma Totem
    Earth Shock
    Fire Nova
    Healing Storm glyph
    Flametongue Weapon
    Frostbrand Weapon

EDITED

Maelstorm Weapon: Renamed to Lightning Charge.

Totems: Has a Ragnaros type, re-summon, engulfing the totem automatically when you run out of range. (Different visual for different element.) Can be used while silenced. (Seriously Blizzard)

Lava Lash: Will now apply to mainhand weapons, rather then off-hand. (The option to make 2-hand viable. Visual will be more fiery!)

Stormstrike: Now increases all damage done by nature spells by %

Flame Shock: DoT will now apply Searing Flames per tick. (Visual will be more fiery!)

Static Shock: Will now also apply Lightning Charge.

Lightning Shield: Will now visually grant a additional orb depending on Lightning Charge.

Windfury: Will now be passive and over-ride all enchantment visuals affects.

Searing Totem: Will no longer apply Searing Flames. Small Fire Elemental works on the totem making it progressively doing more damage before it expires. Lasts ? seconds, ? c/d (Unsure, but I like the idea of a fire elemental upgrading or working on the totem to empower it. Maybe even being able to drop 3 down at once.)

Thunderstorm: Elemental got Shamanistic Rage, we get Thunderstorm.

Ascendance Glyph: Now your character doesn't transform but visually parts of your body have an elemental effect. You will still be noticeable in pvp, but no more crappy Cata model. (I would like to make this default, but I'll sit on the fence)

Fire Elemental+Earth Elemental: Share the same c/d, no more trying to push earth elemental out to max dps. Earth elemental is used more for solo, fire elemental for damage.

Astral Shift: Now usable while stunned.

NEW

Lightning Strike: Only useable with 5 Lightning Charges, melee range. Single-target DD. (Lightning Bolt will remain for Enhancement, but dps should only use during range + movement phases.)

Lightning Implosion: Only useable with 5 Lightning Charges, pbaoe. (Similar to Fire Nova but more damage, controversial because I know how much people enjoy chain lightning, me included. But I'm thinking it should be more Elemental spell.)

Disintegrate(or Discharge): Only usable when enemies are below %, takes both Lightning Charges and Searing Flame charges in to a devastating attack. Melee-Range.

Warp: In a flash of light move ? yards of your chooice, area effect location. Useable while stunned ? cd

Flame Shock Passive: Chance to reset Lava Lash and gain 5 searing flames. (Tier Copy)

Lightning Charge: Enpowers per-charge all nature spells by %. (Lightning visual to be expelled and Lightning Shield orbs go back to 1, charges effect healing)

Maelstrom Weapon: Applies Flametongue and Frostbrand to your weapon. (If you choose to dual-wield, has the advantage of additional weapon)

Wrath of the Air Totem: The winds push targets away in the direction of your choice by % and speeds the ally characters running in the direction of the wind by % (CC type, buff ability)

Stoneclaw Totem: % hp, Absorbs attacks for ? seconds, if destroyed stuns the target for % seconds. (Still thinking about this)

Let me know what you think. Please do not flame, I know some of my ideas are far-fetched and CC in the game needs toning down.
    Enhancement is by far the funnest spec I have played in 5 years. Why on gods green earth would you want it overhauled?

I have played En Shaman on and off for 6 years and its in the best state I have ever seen it. Its one of those specs that allows you to maximize dps through intense rotations and consistent cd usage, please dont get rid of those types of specs, it provides another level of gameplay most advanced players cant achieve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by colossus127 View Post
    Enhancement is by far the funnest spec I have played in 5 years. Why on gods green earth would you want it overhauled?

I have played En Shaman on and off for 6 years and its in the best state I have ever seen it. Its one of those specs that allows you to maximize dps through intense rotations and consistent cd usage, please dont get rid of those types of specs, it provides another level of gameplay most advanced players cant achieve.
    It really isn't that advanced... It has mechanical flaws that make it annoying as fuck (looking at you AoE/Fire Nova) and is still tied to pets (totem) which have fairly poor AI still and are limited.

I liked some of your suggestions, but these changes only trade some of our actual problems for new ones.

Magma Totem
    Earth Shock
    Fire Nova
    Healing Storm glyph
    Flametongue Weapon
    Frostbrand Weapon
    Removing Earth Shock would remove our way of aplying Weakened Blows, minor one but we loose a good utility.

Removing weapon imbues would make so we need to rework both Unleash Elements and Unleashed Fury.

This would means we would use Frost Shock in the place of Earth Shock, and sometimes you not want to slow your target.

This would suck, we would loose a great defensive cooldown on Earth Elemental when using Primal Elementalist.

Theres no reason for giving us a melee Lightning Bolt, and being only usable on 5 charges sucks, it's already a dps loss to use Lighning Bolt only with full stacks.

Same problems as above with needing full stacks.

I like the mechanic, but a flash of light don't really work with the class, something like Lightning Step, and would have a visual similar for the teleport Lei Shen uses before pull.

Would basicly be a empowered Grounding Totem, would be better for the effects for be applied to it.

of the above, the removal of Imbues and the elementals having the same cooldown are two things that would suck very hard for me. The others things could be fun and/or a good quality of life changes.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post
    Removing Earth Shock would remove our way of aplying Weakened Blows, minor one but we loose a good utility.
    Good point, perhaps adding weakened blows effect to lightning strike/impolsion

Removing weapon imbues would make so we need to rework both Unleash Elements and Unleashed Fury.
    Just a rename, Maelstrom Weapon will now add Flame and Frost. Also, windfury would be passive. So no difference

This would means we would use Frost Shock in the place of Earth Shock, and sometimes you not want to slow your target.
    How did I forget about this! The reason why I want to remove Earth Shock is that it really doesn't feel or look good at melee range, which is 99% of the time. Thats why I went for another lightning melee attack, I think it would be good for Enhancement Shamans, the totemic warriors to have more special melee attacks. The only idea I can see to stop shocks being add to the rotation is to remove all direct DD on them, which I wouldn't mind if other abilities got a +dmg bonus.

This would suck, we would loose a great defensive cooldown on Earth Elemental when using Primal Elementalist.
    I don't think it adds much to pve, perhaps leave it for pvp. I think Enhancement Shamans already have too much burst cd's. But then again if I was in charge of wow I would remove a lot of burst from all the classes in game. I was toying with an idea of making Feral Spirits being a passive attack, but it would bring too much rng.

theres no reason for giving us a melee Lightning Bolt, and being only usable on 5 charges sucks, it's already a dps loss to use Lighning Bolt only with full stacks.
    This is why I don't want to do the maths, I would make it so that lightning melee attack would be a DPS increase. You probably are right about them both needing max 5 stacks, so maybe 20/40/60/etc % for each stack.

I like the mechanic, but a flash of light don't really work with the class, something like Lightning Step, and would have a visual similar for the teleport Lei Shen uses before pull.
    Thats exactly what I meant but I probably didn't write it good enough, I kind of stole it from Path of Exiles. But that has lightning dmg when you disappear!

Would basicly be a empowered Grounding Totem, would be better for the effects for be applied to it.
    Yeah, I was thinking a physcial grounding totem when I was toying with it. I'd love to bring back all the totems in unique ways, maybe even sentry totem as a mine like trap ability!

Also, I like that we have a lot of ranged abilities, It really makes us somehow different than other melees, so I don't really see a problem with keeping Lightning Bolt/Chain Lightning.

Also, again, having Frostband effect always on would be bad, sometimes you don't want to slow your target, also you forgot Rockbitter.
    Last edited by Lavindar; 2013-11-25 at 09:49 PM.

I wouldn't remove lightning bolt or chain lightning for Enhancement, but they would be a dps loss at melee. At range it's fine.

I wouldn't remove lightning bolt or chain lightning for Enhancement, but they would be a dps loss at melee. At range it's fine.
    I simply don't see the problem of using Lighning Bold/Chain Lightning at melee, having the melee versions would only increase the button bloat without giving us any good gameplay, as they would simply be put together in a macro.

I like a lot of these....especially giving us more "Air" abilities (IE Lightning)

If I had my way, each of the specs would be 99% in their element. Resto=Water, Ele=Fire, Enh=Air

Now I don't mind some cross over, but the majority of the damage should be "your" element (I hate FE is my #1 most fights)...means I would also give Ele a lava lance (think chain heal look but fire) as their filler instead of LB [though I do like the AoE is the cross over CL for Ele and FN for Enh]

I definitely love the Lighting execute "Discharge"

For the elementals, I think they need the rework.
    In my mind:
    Fire Elemental would do -meh- DPS, PE Fire Elemental's channeled ability would be more beneficial than its direct damage (making you want to use it...I'd also want it to be more beneficial for Ele for my Element synergy)
    Earth Elemental would be -meh- for protection or raid protection, PE Earth Elemental would do a decent Raid Wide damage reduction channel (more Resto benefit [at least till there is aspec that is Earth Based...but that's for another wish list])
    Air Elemental would be -meh- DPS or raid speed utility, PE Air Elemental might empower your Electrical abilities or something like that.

And take them away from Totems...each are summoned and run free, follow caster...like the wolves do now

Oh and I know people like them...but ditch the wolves go more pure elementalist less ancesstoresque (Thrall can be the special child that was able to mix Ancestors with Elements hence why he is better than us)

And I'd love the return of 2H Enh...just to be the big Lighting wielding Doomhammer swinging Brute.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    I like a lot of these....especially giving us more "Air" abilities (IE Lightning)

If I had my way, each of the specs would be 99% in their element. Resto=Water, Ele=Fire, Enh=Air

Now I don't mind some cross over, but the majority of the damage should be "your" element (I hate FE is my #1 most fights)...means I would also give Ele a lava lance (think chain heal look but fire) as their filler instead of LB [though I do like the AoE is the cross over CL for Ele and FN for Enh]

I definitely love the Lighting execute "Discharge"

For the elementals, I think they need the rework.
    In my mind:
    Fire Elemental would do -meh- DPS, PE Fire Elemental's channeled ability would be more beneficial than its direct damage (making you want to use it...I'd also want it to be more beneficial for Ele for my Element synergy)
    Earth Elemental would be -meh- for protection or raid protection, PE Earth Elemental would do a decent Raid Wide damage reduction channel (more Resto benefit [at least till there is aspec that is Earth Based...but that's for another wish list])
    Air Elemental would be -meh- DPS or raid speed utility, PE Air Elemental might empower your Electrical abilities or something like that.

And take them away from Totems...each are summoned and run free, follow caster...like the wolves do now

Oh and I know people like them...but ditch the wolves go more pure elementalist less ancesstoresque (Thrall can be the special child that was able to mix Ancestors with Elements hence why he is better than us)

And I'd love the return of 2H Enh...just to be the big Lighting wielding Doomhammer swinging Brute.
    For as much as shamans focus on elemental abilities, you can't remove the "ancestralnees" of it as both sides come from the same power, the ability to communicate with spirits. Also leave my wolfs alone

Otherwise, I like your idea of the elementals, but all specs should be able to use all elementals, about they being tied to totens, maybe when the are summoned they keep the totens with then in a way you cant really target or affect the totem directly, like Earth elemental can have the totem encrusted in his back, and Fire and Air elemental can have the totem floating inside then

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    This would be way too drastic changes. You figured out like 5 new abilities, removed 3-4 old and remade 3-4 old. Blizzard already saying, they do not want to split PvP and PvE because it would be way too much of a deal to learn for your avarage players.
    And now you completly remake the enitre spec from the ground up.

Not only this won't work because of the size of the changes, but you also try to remade a fun and unqiue spec, which i don't really understand why would you do so. If you have problem with AoE/FN try to change that, but i don't see the need for an entire overhaul
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    Just give me reworked spells that allow 2-hander action(giggity) back. Before anyone says "blah blah, blah, its gone deal with it!" I'll respond with "blah blah blah, no, I know what I like, and I like Fritos Corn Chips!"

So nyah!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Totems are spells, period. It doesn't matter if you push the button and the spell flies out of your hand, or you push the button and the spell flies out of a totem, the same thing is happening. Totems while silenced was just unfair; and my Shaman was my main for years. And I PVPd, which is where it's obviously an issue (don't get when raiders say its not a big deal, of course it's not for you a majority of the time!)

I bitched about wanting totems while silenced too, but I realized I wasn't doing it because it was unfair or broken, I just wanted the convenience and had gotten used to it. When I came to my senses I did realize that it was a perfectly legitimate change. If a druids Lifebloom was changed to "You put a totem on the ground that heals the target for X every X seconds, and you can have three totems at once" the spell would effectively be exactly the same, so why allow that version to be cast while silenced?

I get the range issues and all that but I don't see that as enough of a reason for such a dramatic advantage, especially when range is *not* an issue a majority of the time.

I posted this as soon as I read that silence part, so I'm gonna go read the rest of your post now :3 <3

Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    Totems are spells, period. It doesn't matter if you push the button and the spell flies out of your hand, or you push the button and the spell flies out of a totem, the same thing is happening. Totems while silenced was just unfair; and my Shaman was my main for years. And I PVPd, which is where it's obviously an issue (don't get when raiders say its not a big deal, of course it's not for you a majority of the time!)

I bitched about wanting totems while silenced too, but I realized I wasn't doing it because it was unfair or broken, I just wanted the convenience and had gotten used to it. When I came to my senses I did realize that it was a perfectly legitimate change. If a druids Lifebloom was changed to "You put a totem on the ground that heals the target for X every X seconds, and you can have three totems at once" the spell would effectively be exactly the same, so why allow that version to be cast while silenced?

I get the range issues and all that but I don't see that as enough of a reason for such a dramatic advantage, especially when range is *not* an issue a majority of the time.

I posted this as soon as I read that silence part, so I'm gonna go read the rest of your post now :3 <3
    All I'll say on this, as I've argued it to death in the past is. If it was "broken" it took them a fucking long time to fix it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    This would be way too drastic changes. You figured out like 5 new abilities, removed 3-4 old and remade 3-4 old. Blizzard already saying, they do not want to split PvP and PvE because it would be way too much of a deal to learn for your avarage players.
    And now you completly remake the enitre spec from the ground up.

Not only this won't work because of the size of the changes, but you also try to remade a fun and unqiue spec, which i don't really understand why would you do so. If you have problem with AoE/FN try to change that, but i don't see the need for an entire overhaul
    I don't think it's DRASTIC changes and it's obviously not a complete full version. It's just some ideas for a fresh looking totemic warrior. I wouldn't say I've remade the spec from the ground up.

Also you say I remade some of the fun stuff, I don't know, the stuff I've put looks a lot more fun IMO

Deleted
    How does a Lightning 'Implosion' harm your target?

Picture the scene.......Your enemy stands before you, after striking him a few times you have your 5 charges ready.....you hit Lightning Implosion......your incredible new spell instantly destroys itself.......you look at your enemy......he looks at you.......he says.......'HAH'.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmz390 View Post
    How does a Lightning 'Implosion' harm your target?

Picture the scene.......Your enemy stands before you, after striking him a few times you have your 5 charges ready.....you hit Lightning Implosion......your incredible new spell instantly destroys itself.......you look at your enemy......he looks at you.......he says.......'HAH'.
    Picture fire nova in your head. now instead of it going outwards it rewinds and goes in to your character. But not fire and certainly not just on the ground. Lightning sparks fry your enemies around you as your character draws in all the elemental energy.

15+ Year Old Account
    my only request is to make 2H viable, ideally i'd like DW to be steady constant damage that is 50/50 melee and spells, and 2H to be slower, much bigger numbers, with a bit more RNG and 75% melee 25% spells

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    All I'll say on this, as I've argued it to death in the past is. If it was "broken" it took them a fucking long time to fix it.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think it's DRASTIC changes and it's obviously not a complete full version. It's just some ideas for a fresh looking totemic warrior. I wouldn't say I've remade the spec from the ground up.

Also you say I remade some of the fun stuff, I don't know, the stuff I've put looks a lot more fun IMO
    I'm all up for 2hand viable again (i come from vanillia, i grown up playing 2hand pvp) but the enhance class feels really fluid right now, we are not bound by any resources (expect when spam healing), our cds are short, we are both melee and ranged damage dealers, can heal if needed, solo lot of things, overall - and this is my point only - enhance is the most fun class to play in the entire game

I do agree our AoE is kinda meh, i do like an execute spell, or different flavors with imbue spells but in the end a)Blizz won't redo the class as said many times before b)this change is still too drastic, even if you do not feel so (mostly because it came from your mind), you literally
    remove : 6 spells,
    modify : 15 spells, abilities or minions,
    create : 9 new ones, of some effects eachanother to add more complexity

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    my only request is to make 2H viable, ideally i'd like DW to be steady constant damage that is 50/50 melee and spells, and 2H to be slower, much bigger numbers, with a bit more RNG and 75% melee 25% spells
    Blizz said many time before, that they think enhance 2Hand shouldn't be viable at all, either its too strong and becomes "Must Play" in PvP (which i wouldn't mind) or too weak and noone would use it other than in BGs or duels, but for that then theres no point trying to balance it
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Otherwise, I like your idea of the elementals, but all specs should be able to use all elementals, about they being tied to totens, maybe when the are summoned they keep the totens with then in a way you cant really target or affect the totem directly, like Earth elemental can have the totem encrusted in his back, and Fire and Air elemental can have the totem floating inside then

Oh I totally meant each spec could call on any of the Elementals...just that certain Elementals would be "stronger" for each spec as that spec would have a greater "connection" with that elemental

IE Enhance could summon the fire elemental, but an Elemental Shaman's (As an asside...I'd change the spec names too something like Primal, Kindled, Ethereal, Ancestral [I cede to you on the Ancestors thing...] shaman) Fire Elemental would be stronger due to their connection to the Fire Elements.

Kind of like Enh can drop Healing Tide...but Healing Tide is stronger for Resto