Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    As someone who has played ever since Vanilla and is a huge fan of thai food, I am going to wait for the game to launch before I actually call it lackluster. I personally do not like to pass judgement and say something sucks before I have even played it..... hint hint. The fact that people cry and complain about expansions before they have tried them is a great source of amusement for me. Complaining about the lore is one thing, I will admit that I was not, and still am not a fan of the pandas, however I did shoot my mouth off about how the expansion was the worst ever because of it.
    "You will bend to my will... with or without your precious sanity!

We dont want player housing. And no, the customer is not always right. The game is not made by a democracy or by popular customer opinion. It would be an absolute mess if it was.

Not sure if you even read the quote you copied, because your words in OP directly twisted the context of it around.

To everyone who keeps saying "You haven't played it,", let's get something straight. BC, WotLK, and Cataclysm didn't require us to "play it" for us to know whether it was going to be a good expansion or not. We saw what BC was bringing, we played it, it was good. We saw what WotLK was bringing, we played it, it was great. Again, same thing with Cataclysm.

But with MoP we had doubts, and we were right to have them.

There's a reason people say "go with your gut" because most of the time, it's absolutely right. You're staring this expansion dead in its eye sockets and you know exactly what you're getting.

Complain and get what you really want. #expandwod

Although I do agree that the number of dungeons available at launch is a bit underwhelming.... get rid of scenarios!
    "You will bend to my will... with or without your precious sanity!

I remember the pvp balance just fine.
    Disc priest and me as warlock. Fun times. Very balanced. We just could kill anything because we were better, and not because it was broken

I disagree with about everything op talks about. Btw blueposts said they would try to get all the opdated models out before next expansion, but wouldn't promise it either.
    I don't nessesarely play the game for the new stuff as in "need new class". I don't really play the new classes. A shaman would be "new" to me, to play, for instance.
    Having to learn what a new class do and how to counter is the only thing i encounter when they introduce a new one.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Did he just... put a pound symbol in the title... OH LAWDY. Credibility is gone.
    Well I think he is missing a few #s.....
    MOAR CHOCOLATE

10+ Year Old Account
    This seems like its going to be an awesome expansion I haven't been this excited for an expac since BC / Wotlk cause the last two I haven't really been all that interested in them. But if it turns out to be a bust I probably will stop playing so I am hoping that it doesn't disappoint.

I just finished watching Conan play wow at Blozzcon and saw the orc warrior running around and I was like man this has a completely new feel to it. Just the way they run, the way they cast.

I just don't understand why there is so much hate right now, a) you haven't seen much gameplay b) you haven't tried it c) heck we don't even know the full story yet...so what I will say is just be patient and see how things will turn out

Oh and if they screw things up they will sink and sink fast...they have much more to lose than the rest of us
    Last edited by Jebiga; 2013-11-25 at 05:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyctam View Post
    "..And then no new race or class. ...At this point, adding a new race just seems repetitive after Cata/MoP, so do I blame them for not announcing some new ones for WoD?"
    But we already have the characters that figure prominently in this xpac -- Orcs, humans and Draenei.

"..Of course, I expect to see some crazies in this thread spouting some nonsense about Blizzard not having a big enough budget to go all out.
    Blizz pulled about 80% of its staff on the delayed Titan project to work on xpacs for WoW.

"..This expansion is disappointing. They needed to add revolutionary content to bring back all their lost subscribers - that's all they had to do. They chose the easiest, laziest way to develop an expansion and they'll feel the damage for it. WoD will do absolutely nothing to bring back WoW's subs to 10m. ...
    I believe we will get less content because future xpacs will be annual. Thus far, forums indicate increased interest from former subscribers already. 3 of the 5 in my clan are coming back.
    Last edited by Dooney; 2013-11-25 at 05:37 PM. Reason: typo
    -I lost 6 million of my best friends because of Cataclysm. I will NEVER forgive Blizz for that.
    -There ain't enough tequila in the universe to forget the insanity I experienced with Mists of Pandaria.

Based on what we know so far, this expansion is a bit light on actual content. Folks are filling threads with heated debates about things that are rule changes rather than new additions to the game.

However, I do think they'll unveil more as they approach the beta phase. We have 1) an entire pvp island that we only know a brief overview of, 2) at least one sizeable land mass we know nothing about.

This topic is really something that shouldn't be discussed until beta is over (and even then is probably too early to give an accurate judgement)

Deleted
    Once you have actually played the new xpac and seen the new content post an opinion, till then this is just a premature hater post /boring

Some people have these magical things called opinions. It means that someone may like one thing, while another person may not. And that's perfectly okay! Let me explain this with an example. Your friend billy may like chocolate ice cream, while you prefer vanilla. Would you really like to fight with billy? Or will you accept that he has an opinion that differs from yours? Now you try!

10+ Year Old Account
    To everyone who keeps saying "You haven't played it,", let's get something straight. BC, WotLK, and Cataclysm didn't require us to "play it" for us to know whether it was going to be a good expansion or not. We saw what BC was bringing, we played it, it was good. We saw what WotLK was bringing, we played it, it was great. Again, same thing with Cataclysm.

But with MoP we had doubts, and we were right to have them.

There's a reason people say "go with your gut" because most of the time, it's absolutely right. You're staring this expansion dead in its eye sockets and you know exactly what you're getting.

Complain and get what you really want. #expandwod

WE had no idea what the quality of the content would be going into those xpacs, and outside of the first tier Cata was god awful. Second, The first Tier in Wrath was a complete rehash of Vanilla Naxx just stripped of its difficulty. So again w/o playing it we don't know.

People did have their doubts about MoP but in the end although some still stand by LOLPANDAS, the raid quality was as good as Ulduar or TBC Content maybe even better.

You are judging a book by its cover. Cata started awesome then gave us Dragon Soul for darn near a year. So ya I stand by you haven't played and will continue to stand by it until well... I play it so I can judge the content for myself.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

And then no new race or class. No class because it takes effort to balance the classes. Are they serious? The devs back in WotLK would literally be posting on the forums asking us for our feedback on classes at 1a.m. just to balance them all, not because they were torturing themselves but because they enjoyed the changes they were making and actually requesting help from players. They actually got so damn close too. Anyone who played WotLK would probably agree that the classes were most balanced near the end when compared to a different point in time during any other expansion. But they chose not to add a new class because they were afraid they would ruin the balance [they think they have]? What the flying f...?
    I do not agree. Sure, Wrath of the Lich King was one of the best expansions, PvP balance wise. But that was only after the second season, Death Knights were horribly broken. I'm glad they're not adding a new class and I'm really excited about the upcoming expansion. So excited that I've actually started playing World of Warcraft again to prepare, I quit before 4.1 and never played since.

The upcoming expansion is really looking promising for PvPers, I never really raided that much. Only raided to either get achievements, or if Blizzard practically forced me to raid (PvE trinkets usually being better than PvP trinkets in Arena). I cannot really comment about the PvE side of the expansion because of that, but again, the PvP side and the leveling part really do look awesome and promising.

I'm definitely not OK with WoD. I'm absolutely ecstatic over it.

To me, it looks better than Wrath and on par with BC.

Can't. Fucking. Wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Trippy Clock View Post
    Some people have these magical things called opinions. It means that someone may like one thing, while another person may not. And that's perfectly okay! Let me explain this with an example. Your friend billy may like chocolate ice cream, while you prefer vanilla. Would you really like to fight with billy? Or will you accept that he has an opinion that differs from yours? Now you try!
    The right answer is to make a post on the mmo forums calling for people to use the #eatvanilla hashtag.

... did we mention garrisons? Garrisons are going to be cool and no, it's nothing like playerhousing"
    I'm really surprised at the number of people that don't recognize garrisons for what they are, which is farm 2.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokisdottir View Post
    Once you have actually played the new xpac and seen the new content post an opinion, till then this is just a premature hater post /boring
    this exactly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    No new class? they added like, 7-8 new secondary stats to balance everyone around instead.

Good luck with that though.
    3 new secondary and 5 tertiary (random bonuses).

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who played WotLK would probably agree that the classes were most balanced near the end when compared to a different point in time during any other expansion. But they chose not to add a new class because they were afraid they would ruin the balance [they think they have]? What the flying f...?
    Death Knights took years to balance.
    Also: Just let me throw in Shadowmourne and Deathbringer's Will.

As someone who's played since BC, I'm really disappointed that people are okay with this lackluster expansion. I've watched the panels a little over a dozen times now and WoD in a nutshell is this:

"Garrisons, mythic raids, 10 more levels, free 90 upgrade, new character models (...which won't all be available at launch)... did we mention garrisons? Garrisons are going to be cool and no, it's nothing like playerhousing"
    Since when did they say "only some of the models will be available at launch? not sure if you saw the blizz panels but thats not what they said . Maybe go watch them again then come back and start over.