Page 52 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    nothing is stopping you from skipping it. You'll just lose a lot from the story. But you can still enjoy the others without it.

10+ Year Old Account
    About skipping, your losing out on story elements from the first one if you do so, but download a save you can import from www.masseffectsaves.com/ if you skip it, gives you the same experience in ME2 as if you would have completed the first game fully in regards to choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how anyone can enjoy the series without playing the first, the games are all about the story.
    The combat & gameplay begins to take shape in ME2.

Just download the combat & texture mod for mass effect 1, If you still don't enjoy it, you don't care about the amazing story.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Quote Originally Posted by Stevecow View Post
    Would you recommend I just stop playing 1 and skip to 2? I'm honestly not having much fun and find it hard just to launch the game to play it.
    No. The choices you make in the first game have some pretty interesting effects in both 2 and 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    Just download the combat & texture mod for mass effect 1
    What combat mod?

I'd strongly suggest playing 2 first. After that, its likely you'll want to go back and play 1, then 2 with your new character to see the story differences, then on to 3.

1 has horrible gameplay, no bones about it. 3 is probably the most mechanically sound. 1 actually has the best story but it's hard to stick with it unless you're already invested.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm two more globes for the badge
    Last edited by Achaman; 2013-12-29 at 09:10 PM.

Deleted
    i dont even get what all these cards/globes are for, got a load of cards that have a value of around 2-5p :\

I know some have asked if Assassin's Creed IV will go cheaper on Steam. So far it looks like the $45 price tag is it. Though if you are interested Amazon has the Standard Steam or Standard Uplay available for $39.99

http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Cree...g=isthcom0a-20

Just make sure to select if you want Uplay or Steam (think it defaults to the Uplay version)

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i dont even get what all these cards/globes are for, got a load of cards that have a value of around 2-5p :\
    Once you get all 10 you craft it for a badge (cards are only good till January 3rd at 10AM PST). When you craft it you get a background, icon, and an item for a select amount of F2P games that are limited edition.

I urge everyone to get Heroes VI for £4.99.

Fantastic game.

So far I've got: Doom 3 BFG, Insurgency, Skullgirls and Terraria. The only other game I really want is Deadspace 2 since I never finished it on xbox and I loved the 1st one.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post

Fantastic game.
    How does it compare to HOMM3? I'm a hardcore heroes 3/Disciples 1/2 fan.

Meh to okay tbh, I'd say that 5 was better game (especially in last expansion, tribes of the east).

Quote Originally Posted by wilqq View Post
    Does it have any other DRM besides Uplay? I've been looking to buy this for quite a while and at this price I might get it if it only comes with uplay, if it has tages ontop of uplay like Anno 2070 then I won't bother.
    Showing just Uplay so you should be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by wilqq View Post
    Does it have any other DRM besides Uplay? I've been looking to buy this for quite a while and at this price I might get it if it only comes with uplay, if it has tages ontop of uplay like Anno 2070 then I won't bother.
    Just Uplay, otherwise for those asking, I find Heroes 6 better over 3 in almost every aspect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by igniter View Post
    How does it compare to HOMM3? I'm a hardcore heroes 3/Disciples 1/2 fan.
    Personally I went 3 -> 5 -> 6 -> 4 for what I personally enjoyed. I bought 6 on release day and I've got to be honest, I didn't think it was amazing compared to 3... but I still think 6 is worth it at 75% off. It has some nice customisation / hero skills, but less on the city / unit development. It's definitely a solid game. The balance was insanely out of whack at release though, but it's been patched multiple times and I hear it's pretty balanced now.

One thing you should be aware of is that it has persistent online, with cloud saves through uplay. This isn't optional and I think that put a lot of people off (understandabley, since all the online features really should be optional.)

I don't know how it was at launch, but you can definitely play offline as of the last time I tried which was 6-9 months ago. The stuff that requires online connection is just greyed out, and you of course don't have access to the cloud-saving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post

Fantastic game.
    the turn based combat iritates me

If you haven't played Bioshock Infinite yet, do yourself a favor and purchase it now. It's on a flash sale for 75% off.

So I crafted my badge, and got an "Extraordinary" item, PHASED AKVASTO SKIN
    , for Warframe.

Looks like I lucked out. Not sure what to do with it, though, since I don't play Warframe. I'll probably sell it or trade it or something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    So I crafted my badge, and got an "Extraordinary" item, PHASED AKVASTO SKIN
    , for Warframe.

Looks like I lucked out. Not sure what to do with it, though, since I don't play Warframe. I'll probably sell it or trade it or something.
    That is pretty awesome, I'm a Warframe player myself, but on the PS4. Very nice though, should be able to sell it or trade it for something nice.

Also, if you have a free vote. Remember Me, please, not sure if it was up there before but, I know the other 2 have been, and it looks like a very well designed game, though I hear not so great things about it, it's right up my ally.